• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
i'm probably gonna regret this: but do we know the accuracy & effect of Mystic Fire?

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Wow first time ever I'm ditching the starter for playing it the first time.. Ironically when the starter was first revealed I really thought they were the best but these final stage are so far off!!!!

xSpiritedAwayx

Myspace pic. ;O
I really like all of the third evolutions. I really like Fennekins, I don't know why others are against it! Froakie's is amazing though; everyone knows that.

shadowF

Does anyone know Chesnaught and Greninja's heights? I know Delphox is 4''11 but I would like to know the other starters heights. I feel that greninja is the smallest of the 3 though.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Does anyone know Chesnaught and Greninja's heights? I know Delphox is 4''11 but I would like to know the other starters heights. I feel that greninja is the smallest of the 3 though.

I'd put chesnaught at roughly feraligatr's height-he looks pretty big.

PokeAJ

Random: Hey, do we actually have a design for this yet?
Sugimori: Sorry, I was too busy eating potato chips. Pull some stuff out of this.
Random: That's a pile of old designs; I just pulled Lickitung.
Sugimori: I can't hear you over the sound of potato chip.
LMAO! Unfortunately I wouldn't be shocked it it didn't go down much differently...

Shraeder

It's Lit
I believe it's been said that Water Shuriken is a 15 power physical 2-5 hit move that gets priority.

Well that's...underwhelming. My Greninja will know Hydro Pump, Ice Beam(if learnable), Dark Pulse(if learnable), and some other good move it can learn. Kind of saddened by Water Shuriken, I thought it was going to be at least 80 BP.

Edit: I wonder if GF will reveal the starter evos officially on the 4th or over this weekend.

Last edited:

PokeAJ

I still don't think Greninja looks much bigger at all than Frogadier. Yet another odd thing about it, since final starter evos are usually significantly bigger.

HostileKangaroo

Pokemon Coordinator
No, one's a Photoshop of someone trying to "fix" it.

Is there are source for that or are you just guessing? Because it wasn't just a recolor, the body was differently proportioned.

Kid Craft 24

from inspecting greninjas stats pic carefully i've noticed that it's nature it boosting his special attack and lowering defence so maybe greninja is a mixed sweeper but leans slightly towards special attack like how samurott was.

Robotnikthedrap

I feel, fellow pokemon fans, that the three starter pokemon, offered at the beginning of one's journey, have designs that are as unique to one another as their respective typings. However, the object behind having three choices as different as can be is not merely for strategic purposes, but for aesthetic preference as well. ^_^ These particular 3 starters appear, at first glance, a sizable departure from what we are accustomed to traditionally, but the fact remains that you will prefer one more than the others; everyone can find SOMETHING that they like about one that they real love, and through the time-honored tradition of your choosing your first partner, we will overlook our chosen's little flaws, and grow quite fond of them. No one, especially not the good folk at Game Freak, is asking you, or expecting you, to love all three; no, you get but ONE: the one that is perfect to YOU. :)

Having said that, though, I'm ditching Greninja for Binacle the moment my curious little sea creature becomes confirmed to be real just like Hawlucha was! ^_^ Just remember to play your own way; who cares what people say about your favorite pokemon on a forum when it comes down to brass tacks anyway? :3

Yveltal96

A little more human
Wow first time ever I'm ditching the starter for playing it the first time.. Ironically when the starter was first revealed I really thought they were the best but these final stage are so far off!!!!
That's rather harsh. Especially considering that they did put a lot of effort into the starters. They don't just make a random design and call it good. Starters are one of the main appeals of the series and they don't just smear **** on paper and call it good.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I only have one thing to say before avoiding more spoilers.

Froakie...

tumblr_inline_mu2pojhkp81qc20nt.jpg

I'M SORRY I EVER DOUBTED YOU MY PRECIOUS PRECIOUS THING

OH MY GOD YOU ARE THE CUTEST OF ALL

I AM SO HAPPY

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS SMILE AT ME AND I'M GONEEEE 8 U 8

It seems like all the starter's popularity has evened out. Fennekin was so far ahead at the beginning, but now it seems like each starter has its own little fanbase. None of the finals seem to be more disliked than one another.

It's nice.

Jskid44

Froak you!!
I only have one thing to say before avoiding more spoilers.

Froakie...

tumblr_inline_mu2pojhkp81qc20nt.jpg

I'M SORRY I EVER DOUBTED YOU MY PRECIOUS PRECIOUS THING

OH MY GOD YOU ARE THE CUTEST OF ALL

I AM SO HAPPY

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS SMILE AT ME AND I'M GONEEEE 8 U 8

NOOO..... I must resist it... The tongue scarf is to much.... But that smile, my Froakie is calling me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.