• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss the three new starter Pokemon for 6th gen!

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

The poll will be added once this thread is opened.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Team Froakie all the way! Has been there since day 1. Greninja turned out perfect imho. Water/Dark type ninja / thief like appearance = win! I'm glad that my water starter tradition can go on. I've always had a hard time finding a good surfer I like on my other games.

Last Entei

Charizard Master!
I'm going with Froakie cause I don't like the look of Delphox

Vixen1988

Fennekin all the way
I got my Y copy today and soft resetting for the starter with the right gender and nature is a pain this time :/

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well. the big starter-question have bothered me more than ever. I originally wanted Chesspin, but seeing as it evolves into a double Flying-Type weakness, among With the worst design out of the evolutions, I don't think I will og for it. Still love Chessnaught though..
Then there was the Fox. The Fox looks like it's strong and not too slow, at least until its final evolution came out. It looks.. okay-ish. I love Fire-Types, and Psychic-Types are cool too. I'll have to wait for its stats until I finally decide. I was hoping it was a fast Pokemon, but it doesn't look very fast.

then there's the Frog. The frog was the one I disliked the most at the start, but its evolutions kinda won me over. Greninja.. does it wear its tounge as a scarf.... what?
It's a Dark-Type, it looks very fast, and it's probably decent strong, so I am about 75% sure I'll og for Froakie

Violent Red

I decided early on that I would wait until I saw all their evolutions before I would choose, now that Ive seen them all, ill be choosing Froakie.

Evie Snow

The starter Pokémon was always a big deal for me, it can make or break the start of the game. Bar gen 4, there's always been at least one starter I liked, and this time, Fennekin was sadly the *only* starter I liked. So I decided I had to go with that one. I love Braixen, and I've warmed up to Delphox a lot more recently. I'm so jealous of the people who have their copies already, I get mine tomorrow midnight, but it's looking like it's going to be Delphox for me.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
I'm definitely going with Froakie. Been choosing him since the day I first saw the three starters.

Anyone knows what is the best nature for Froakie?

Chespin all the way! It's going to be interesting to see which way the poll will go now that we know the final evolutions of the starters.

Hasty

Moonside
I voted for Chespin, but I don't know which starter to go... Chespin or Froakie?

I love Froakie and Quilladin.
Chespin and Frogadier are really nice.
Chesnaught and Greninja are equally nice.

Rakurai

I'm definitely going with Froakie. Been choosing him since the day I first saw the three starters.

Anyone knows what is the best nature for Froakie?

There isn't a "best" nature, really. It depends entirely on what you're trying to do with it, and in Froakie's case, it has the stats to support mixed sweeping.

I'm personally going with Modest, though, as its speed stat seems plenty good enough as is (Estimated base 120 as Greninja), and I'm not really a fan of mixed movesets.

Raro

There isn't a "best" nature, really.

Though I'm personally going with Modest, as its speed stat seems plenty good enough as is (Estimated base 120 as Greninja), and I'm not really a fan of mixed movesets.

Any suggestions for Chespin? (Grass)
Haven't seen stats posted for Chesnaut so can't make a judgement myself..

Rakurai

Take something that boosts Defense or Attack, as those are its two highest non-HP stats, though Defense is significantly higher then the latter.

Blazios

Yeah, soft resetting for these starters takes longer than pretty much any gen (unless you're looking for a nature in B/W).

I'm having atrocious luck finding a Froakie with a nature that doesn't reduce Special Attack or Speed. I can't even find one with a neutral nature.

Underachiever007

I like all three starters. Delphox is my favorite, but I'll be using Chesnaught for my first playthrough, simply because it fits the team I'm planning a little better.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
What are the stats for the starters anyway? The games don't come until Saturday in Europe

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
There isn't a "best" nature, really. It depends entirely on what you're trying to do with it, and in Froakie's case, it has the stats to support mixed sweeping.

I'm personally going with Modest, though, as its speed stat seems plenty good enough as is (Estimated base 120 as Greninja), and I'm not really a fan of mixed movesets.

Ah. thanks! I don't know how nature actually works :S

Status
Not open for further replies.