• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
On January 8: Fennekin.
On October 10: Fennekin.

Nothing has changed. Braixen and Delphox just added beauty and mystic wizard theme to Fennekin line. A dream come true.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Such a tough choice, but i'll have to go with Fennekin just because of the awesomeness that is Delphox

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I'm actually feeling pretty torn between Froakie and Chespin. I like Fennekin and its evolutions but I don't think I'll choose it. I've always been a big fan of Froakie and its evolutions are really cool, but at the same time Quilladin and Chesnaught have really grown on me lately.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Initially I said Fennekin. I'm going to be sticking with that choice, I was not at all disappointed with its evolutions in the end. Only hesitation I suppose was with Braxile (at the whole another fire-starter bipedal deal, but even then I liked its design and basis, so :V).

For fun, the pre-release poll of starter choice from the previous thread!

Chespin - 845 (26.83%)
Fennekin - 1,329 (42.19%)
Froakie - 849 (26.95%)
DUNSPARCE - 127 (4.03%)

Mew The Gato

Now, though, I can change my choice to Froakie! Great!

Dark is my favourite Type, so that gives me another reason to love Froakie. <3

knetz07

The Forsaken
I like all base forms of the starters, but I like Froakie's finals stage the most. But still Team Fennekin since I lean towards fire type starters and it evolves into a mage which is my favorite class to use. The typing is just quite useful against the region's gyms too. Chose Fennekin from the previous poll, and still choosing it here.

Last edited:

Unredemption

I'm gonna take Froakie, but I sure as hell want Goomy on my team.

Underachiever007

Actually, I've changed my mind. Not using my favorite starter for the first playthrough doesn't make sense. I love Delphox too much to relegate it to the second or third playthrough. It'll compliment my Pangoro nicely. Looks like Chesnaught and Greninja will have to wait.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I've been playing since the RBY days and for the first tine ever, I'm ditching the starters. It's because I do not find any of the 3 final evolutions that appealing.. I initially liked Fennekin the most but I'm one of the people who jumped off its train when it became bipedal. Next I liked Frogadier the best when the second stage were released. However, when the final evolution were leaked I was never fond of any of them..

I'm going with Surskit as my starter so here's hoping its really early in the game like in RSE..

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I was originally going for Froakie but I've recently fallen in love with Delphox and all it's magey-like ways. I'm going with Fennekin :D

Jskid44

Froak you!!
Froakie beat Chespin by four votes lol.

Now that we know Delphox has a wand, maybe the complaints about it being "inconsistent" will go away.

Wait we do? I haven't seen it using a wand any.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Jskid44

Froak you!!

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I originally chose Fennekin when the starters were first announced, now after seeing all three final evolutions I'm still sticking with Fennekin. Delphox turned out pretty much what I was expecting it to once I heard they were based off of the old RPG classes.
I still like Chespin's and Froakie's final evolutions, I believe Gen VI will turn out just like Gen III for me as far as starters goes. Meaning I'll choose either of the three instead of my usual Fire starter and on occasion choose the water starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.