• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
*Sees that Fennekin is gaining in the poll, jumps for joy* I think I like Delphox a little bit more now that I've had time to really digest its design, plus its official artwork helped. I still would have preferred something less mage-like, but Delphox is sort of okay. Chesnaught and Greninja are still better though. Game Freak outdid themselves with their designs.

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
I was tempted to answer Goomy in the poll! :D It's just so cute and derpy!!!

I was pleasantly surprised by Chesnaught. I didn't think Chespin would go that way! I still like it though! :)

Neriifur

I think all the starter's designs and evolutions are very well-thought out and look exceptionally great. This has been one of the first games in a long time where I thought that about all of them.

Mufasa

At first I was Definitely always a fire starter kind of guy. except gen five where I picked grumpig out of desperation. (To me they were all horrible). This is the first gen where I picked something other then a fire type. Froakie definitely won me over. And now your telling me he has an amazing ability as protean?! might as well stamp him as ou already

Leafseal

Fear the Foliage
I have to say that I am really liking Chesnaught. It is one of the best defensive pokemon I've ever played with. It doesn't have to many great moves learned by level up but it can learn some great TM moves. Definitley happy with my choice

Well, I'd like to announce, Chespin cannot learn Shell Smash through breeding.
I know, I can hear the "Well I could have told you that" now.
I just want to make it known.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I believe level 75 is when all the starters learn the last attack, and it's actually the same attack they try learning at 36. So if they already know that then it's even before that that they stop learning attacks.

Dreamy

At first I thought that Chesnaught was going to be my favorite, but now I'm coming to like Delphox, I'm thinking of giving Delphy a run.

OracleOfDelphox

Delphox's design actually grew on me and looks more masculine than described. I'd say it's rather bishonen in fact especially with Braixen who seems cocky why Delphox looks like some kind of monk who attained enlightenment. Sure Fennekin's cut but then becomes bipedal where you can feel uncomfortable in Amie but there was already Vulpix for the Kyubi I suppose.

Last edited:

Outburstz

Greninja is just pure ownage loved playing with him

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Guys I have bred an army of protean froakies. I will begin breeding bullet proof chespins and magician Fennekins once I get a female froakie and can begin breeding for IVs.

Also Physical set:

Power up punch

Water Shuriken

Shadowsneak

nigh slash/something better

I am thinking King's rock or assault vest(if it's stat raise is beneficial)

Idea is to take advantage of protean and force a switch before they figure out you are physical(come in on a physical wall for instance). Power up punch on switch to gain stab(watch out for ghosts). Use water shuriken for King's rock hax. Go with an adamant nature since speed won't be the issue wih two stab priority moves. If greninja isn't OU it wil tear up lower tiers i think.

Last edited:

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Where can I find the starters base stats? Trying to decide what nature best fits froakie.

What we know for certain is that greninja has 103 base speciall attack and 122 speed. It is speculated to have 90 base attack as well. So I ould says Hasty, Timid, jolly, modest and adamant are good bets.

What we know for certain is that greninja has 103 base speciall attack and 122 speed. It is speculated to have 90 base attack as well. So I ould says Hasty, Timid, jolly, modest and adamant are good bets.

Edit: Uh..not at a hasty nature yet but the one I have right now has a characteristic of "takes plenty of siestas" 0_o...what does that indicate about its stats? I didn't think that there were new characteristics out..

Last edited:

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

I might need a bit of clarification of Bulletproof ability as I know it does prevent damage from bombs moves that either have names "bomb" in their names or moves like Explosion/Self-destruct but for ball moves.. Like Rollout and such?

After raising my Chesnaught to lvl 50 with adamant the Attack seem to be base 105 and MAYBE the base Defense is 120 unless anyone have their higher than 172 Attack and 170 Defense at Lv 50. Somehow i think, for the kalos starters, they may have purposely let their one of their top 3 strongest points to have max IVs although I can be wrong though except reading the fact that the this game's legendary trio have 3 Max Ivs distributed in their top 3 main stats, I'd wouldn't doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.