• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmoa

The gender sign on the top left of the nickname screen is it's gender, right? I want a female fennekin and I've reset about 10 times but nothing
Keep at it... at least you have the game ;)

Ver-mont

I like Froakie, but why is Goomy and option? I had to vote Goomy because I... don't know I just realized I apparently have a thing for little blob Pokemon... maybe it's a pity thing... or maybe I just want to see how they end up.

It's a joke option. The other poll had Dunsparce instead.

LizardonX

Banned
I'm still #TEAMCHESPIN

Gizmoa

It's a joke option. The other poll had Dunsparce instead.

I know ;) Honestly if there was a not chespin option I'd do that, but I chose Froakie way way way back when they were first shown and that is who I am going with. I love herptiles... part of why gen 1 is always so hard to choose, they are all herptiles! (herptile is a generic term for all non-avian reptiles and amphibians)

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Regarding the typings.
Chesnaught, with its Grass/Fighting typing, has a 4x weakness to Flying. Undesirable, but I do like its design.
Delphix, has a Fire/Psychic typing, which fits it perfectly with the wizardly/witchy appearance. The typing also benefits Delphox with a resistance to Bug.
Greninja is my favorite so far. Its typing doesn't give it any resistances to weaknesses, but it doesn't get any 4x weaknesses either. I think that this is the most bizzare of the three, mainly due to the tounge-scarf.

I'm still #TEAMCHESPIN
#TeamFroakie all the way

Lugar

I want a Chesnaugh with shell smash.Are spiky shield and water shuriken signature moves?If yes then what's Delphox's?

Shiny Espeon0429

I'm going to be honest. When I first saw Greninja being leaked, I disliked it and hoped it was fake. But honestly? It has grown on me so much and I'm definitely going to pick it. I didn't like Delphox at all at first but it has grown on me as well so I can appreciate it, thought not as much as Greninja. Chesnaught looks awful to me, really don't get the fuss about it.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I was just surprised that Water Shuriken didn't even do a quarter, but that could be because it only hit twice.

Well, there's also a major level difference to consider.

Edit: whoops, didn't notice cresselia's post.

Last edited:

ECM

Loved Chespin at the beginning, and now I really love Chespin! He's my favorite starter. I'm using him on X, just because I want to use Bulbasaur on Y (which will be my main) and I try not to have two of the same type. But Chespin is definitely my favorite of the three. Froakie is my choice for Y. And if Z comes out, or X2 and Y2 or whatever they do, I'm picking Fennekin.

#TeamFroakie for me. Love Frogadier and Greninja is just amazing. I can just imagine it walking up to you, smacking you in the face with its tongue, then running off laughing.

We had a good batch of starters this time. One of the few times I like all the final starter evolutions.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
So as the starters evolutions were revealed, I had an emotional roller coaster
First, I liked chespin the best, with fennekin second and froakie last
From the middle evolutions, I really hated quilladin, but it slowly grew on me... Order changed to - frogadier, and then braixen/quilladin
Then final evos came, and I didn't really like any... But I preferred delphox. So now it's- delphox, chesnaught and greninja

So, I like a certain stage of each of the 3 starter lines more at a certain point... But if I choose a starter now it will likely be fennekin

I am so excited to get this game, i am definitely choosing Fennekin! I fell in love with it and Braixen at first sight. Delphox was weird to me at first but she totally grew on me. I also like that she keeps her wand, that was a nice touch. I am definitely going to have to keep resetting for a female though. Has anyone else on here come back around on Delphox, I know it was getting a lot of hate.

(Planned X team: Delphox, Blastoise, Pangoro, Granbull (Fairy!!!), Gogoat, Noivern)

RNG_Reporter

Anyone know what the base stats are of the starters? I've got a quiet natured Fennekin - not sure if that's good.

Dont get a speed reducing nature. Never.

Go for boost in sp atk or speed for it.

AquaPikachu

I am planning to start off with Fennekin first for Pokemon X and then planning to use Greninja or Chesnaught in Pokemon Y..Delphox seems like a good Pokemon to use in your first play-though of X/Y

Dont get a speed reducing nature. Never.

Go for boost in sp atk or speed for it.

Unless you're a TR attacker or bulky mixed attacker.

Fennekin is good in special attack and special defense, and decent in speed.
Chespin is good in attack and defense, and decent in HP (might have mixed that up)
Froakie is good in special attack and speed, and decent in attack.

AquaPikachu

Unless you're a TR attacker or bulky mixed attacker.

Fennekin is good in special attack and special defense, and decent in speed.
Chespin is good in attack and defense, and decent in HP (might have mixed that up)
Froakie is good in special attack and speed, and decent in attack.

That is really quite balanced...i hope they will be more useful than the Gen 5 Starters in competetive play

Status
Not open for further replies.