• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

Although I really like all this, it's either fake or incomplete seeing as Froakie gets Bounce, Quick Attack, and Extrasensory, as well as the fact that Chespin gets Pin Missile, Vine Whip(Not Bullet Seed), and Headbutt.

It's possible they may have been referencing the move lists of the final forms at the move relearner, which do differ from that of their pre-evos at times.

I'm more inclined to believe it's fake because of how OP the abilities on Delphox and Chestnaught are, though. Those two would be far too good at soaking hits if they actually had abilities like that.

Infernape211

Master of Fire Types
I'm going team Froakie. ^_^ Gerninja's awesome. But that means I have to find a non-Kalos electric type for Siebold if Heliolisk's stats are unsatisfactory. *Sigh* Does anyone know Heliolisk's base stats?

Rakurai

I'm really curious to see how Greninja will be able to utilize Protean. Would have to know its entire moveset to get any ideas, though.

Does anyone know Heliolisk's base stats?

60/65/50/120/100/120

Pretty amazing, IMO.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I'm really curious to see how Greninja will be able to utilize Protean. Would have to know its entire moveset to get any ideas, though.
If my understanding of Protean is correct, it would mean that it would get STAB from every move since it is changing Greninja's type to match the move. For example, if Greninja used Extrasensory it would change to a Psychic type so it gets STAB from it. I'd also assume that means it receives the respective type effectiveness of whichever type it currently is until it switches type by using another attack of another type. It would helpful for muscling your way through walls because of that extra power.

ihartsnape

Evil Dark Lord
I really like both Fennekin and Froakie. My original plan was to go with Fennekin as my starter, but I'm torn about it. I'm buying Pokemon X because I really want Mega Charizard X. This makes me feel like I should go with Froakie, plus I'm seeing people say if I pick Froakie I'll receive Fennekin later in that game.

Profesco

gone gently
Some pictures featuring my (then) lv 7 froakie fully ev trained and Frogadier Pokedex entry

Oh, hey? Super Training is available so early and is unlimited to the extent that you can have your starter Pokémon fully effort trained before you actually start battling with it in earnest?

That is wonderful news. It's always been a hassle to have to go back and re-train the Pokémon you've spent your whole storyline with (if it was even possible; I'm looking at you, 5th-gen-without-EV-reducing-Berries-outside-Dream-World!). Now just to figure out whether it'd be a waste of time to train my Chespin in Speed...

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
If my understanding of Protean is correct, it would mean that it would get STAB from every move since it is changing Greninja's type to match the move. For example, if Greninja used Extrasensory it would change to a Psychic type so it gets STAB from it. I'd also assume that means it receives the respective type effectiveness of whichever type it currently is until it switches type by using another attack of another type. It would helpful for muscling your way through walls because of that extra power.

That's how I'm hoping it works as it makes Greninja very flexible and allows him to conform to whatever situation thrown at it. It could be a great Pokémon with those options at its disposal.

Shraeder

It's Lit

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
I liked Fennekin.

I liked Braixen.

And dangit, I like Delphox.

I stuck with my choice all the way through. I'll be a happy lass going into this game with my new fiery starter. ^^

I did the same. :3
Chespin since his debut, and Chesnaught is my favorite starter to date.
I'm quite content with my initial choice. :)

Shraeder

It's Lit
I did the same. :3
Chespin since his debut, and Chesnaught is my favorite starter to date.
I'm quite content with my initial choice. :)

Same here too, but with Froakie. I knew his evolution wouldn't be a fat sumo frog like everyone thought back in February.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Delphox might replace Blaziken as my favourite fully evolved starter.
Fennekin was my initial choice and nothing changed.

...But I wish I could get Goomy sooner :p

Same here too, but with Froakie. I knew his evolution wouldn't be a fat sumo frog like everyone thought back in February.
yup, and I knew Chespin wouldn't ever end up Grass/Dark despite it being my favorite type, and the huge amount of people saying it would be.
And sure enough he wasn't. :3
And I'm sooo happy it isn't.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege

yup, and I knew Chespin wouldn't ever end up Grass/Dark despite it being my favorite type, and the huge amount of people saying it would be.
And sure enough he wasn't. :3
And I'm sooo happy it isn't.

Heh, I think Fenniken's was kinda obvious pretty early. I'm so happy it breaks the Fire/Fighting mold. Now watch the next three gens offer Grass/Fighting types. :p

Heh, I think Fenniken's was kinda obvious pretty early. I'm so happy it breaks the Fire/Fighting mold. Now watch the next three gens offer Grass/Fighting types. :p

I'd be quite alright a couple Grass/Fighting Pokes. As long as they're not in a damn row. T_T

Sieghart

Hi everyone. Long time lurker first time poster.

i'm so happy to see some all round starting evo love. I have been following the leaks as well as I really wanted to know what would be the finals before deciding. But when the first (middle stage) evo was shown, I thought maaan this is a hard choice... wait till final is revealed...
Now with the reveal I just cant make up my mind.
I see how a lot of people have love hate between the three, but I really think they have done a great job on all three and cant wait to get all three.
Will be a hard choice to put into teams but with this large amount of pokemon in this game I think im going to have to rotate my party often.

At the moment i'm thinking Chespin... soft reseting for female so I can breed and trade with others for the other 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.