• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Can you see the gender of your starter before the first battle? I'm going to be SRing for a female Fennekin, so it'd be nice to know.

Navarch

Can you see the gender of your starter before the first battle? I'm going to be SRing for a female Fennekin, so it'd be nice to know.

I believe so. After you get your Starter, you get "free time" before you go to battle Shauna. So I'm assuming you can check Gender/Stats/Nature beforehand. Thank god, because this makes Nature Hunting easier.

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
is it a very big disadvantage if you use 2 grass starters in a team? i like both chesnaught and venesaur the most of both gens :|

Everlasting

Everything stays.
is it a very big disadvantage if you use 2 grass starters in a team? i like both chesnaught and venesaur the most of both gens :|

Not at all. I always say "Play with the team YOU want". In my Leaf Green playthrough, I had two Water type (Blastoise and Dewgong) and two Fire ype (Flareon and Ninetales) and it didn't stop me to enjoy the game at its maximum. I'd say go for it!

Aurath8

Not at all. I always say "Play with the team YOU want". In my Leaf Green playthrough, I had two Water type (Blastoise and Dewgong) and two Fire ype (Flareon and Ninetales) and it didn't stop me to enjoy the game at its maximum. I'd say go for it!

What if you want a good team? ;)

That said, 2 grass types isn't the end of the world as long as you have other team members able to cover for the compounded weaknesses. If you have 4 weaknesses to a single type, that's when you will seriously start to struggle, and probably need to change a team member.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Is it true we can EV train any Pokémon right from the beginning of the game through Super Training?

Everlasting

Everything stays.

That said, 2 grass types isn't the end of the world as long as you have other team members able to cover for the compounded weaknesses. If you have 4 weaknesses to a single type, that's when you will seriously start to struggle, and probably need to change a team member.

And why would having two Grass type make your team a bad one ?
As long as you train well your Pokémon in fonction of the shared weaknesses, there are any problems with having two Pokémon of the same type. Sometimes, people are doing teams with a single type shared by all the team while finishing the game really well.

Aurath8

And why would having two Grass type make your team a bad one ?
As long as you train well your Pokémon in fonction of the shared weaknesses, there are any problems with having two Pokémon of the same type. Sometimes, people are doing teams with a single type shared by all the team while finishing the game really well.

Of any type to have two of in one team, Grass is probably the worst since it has 5 common weaknesses. In particular, Ice is very easily compounded with others as Flying, Ground and Dragon types are very popular team choices. Having 2 Grass types isn't the end of the world; as you said, even Monotype teams are a thing and do well enough should it cover the type's weaknesses, but when you get into the nitty gritty of optimising teams for in-game play, its certainly not an ideal choice in most circumstances.

Bottom line is, it's not bad, but it could be a little better.

Neo_Mametchi

Does anyone know what Froakie & its evolved forms moves are? Or what type of attack stat he should have? Getting ready to go get my game & wanted to get a nature that increases atk or sp atk but not sure what's better for him.

Or if yous have any ideas on good natures for him.

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan

yea chespin has in the end 6 weaknesses, but i ll figure it out somehow or simply not use it against certain pokemon.. just cant resist how he looks like :D

Unredemption

Does anyone know what Froakie & its evolved forms moves are? Or what type of attack stat he should have? Getting ready to go get my game & wanted to get a nature that increases atk or sp atk but not sure what's better for him.

Or if yous have any ideas on good natures for him.

Greninja's base stats are 80/90/75/100/75/120. Modest would be best, though arguably anything that increases Sp. Atk or Speed would be somewhat useful.

§¤¥Luke¥¤§

Poke-Trainer
I've seen two people have gotten shiny Fennekin, Has anyone seen any pictures of shiny Braixen or Delphox?

EonDragonFTW

Can you get Female Kanto Starters? I really want a Female Charizard.

I assuming yes, as all starters have a 12.5% female chance

Neo_Mametchi

I've seen two people have gotten shiny Fennekin, Has anyone seen any pictures of shiny Braixen or Delphox?

Is it possible to get shiny pokemon when u choose your starter? I've always wondered about that. I thought it was only for wild pokemon. Also about in game legendaries too can they be shiny?

Shraeder

It's Lit
Is it possible to get shiny pokemon when u choose your starter? I've always wondered about that. I thought it was only for wild pokemon. Also about in game legendaries too can they be shiny?

You can get a shiny starter, but you'll only see it once you actually check it, not in the starter selection screen.

About 1.5 - 2 hours with getting to level three traiing and mastering the mini games

Also Greninja Learns substitute at i believe level 39 or 40

What is your Greninja's moveset at the moment?

Last edited:

Mario C

Got a female Froakie and Charmander first shot w/o having to reset. Great luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.