• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticwolf10

Anyone try seeing if you can breed a Fennekin with Aura Sphere?apparently a leaker said you could breed a Fennekin and a Lucario to get it as an egg move

magibas

Drragon Trainer
Anyone gotten any female starters? I'm at gym 4 on Y and trying to get female starters in X to trade, but all I've gotten are males... or does anyone know where to find Dittos?

ffia

castaway
Hi! Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but
for those, especially, who have gotten a shiny starter
do you see whether a starter is shiny from the first screen, where you haven't chosen one yet, or do you have to go to see its stats?

magibas:
Yes, it is possible to get a female starter. Keep trying :) (You can see it the fastest if you decide to nickname it - if it is female and you don't want to nickname it, you can just press "enter")

7 tyranitars

Fennekin <3

Love it! :D

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Hi! Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but
for those, especially, who have gotten a shiny starter
do you see whether a starter is shiny from the first screen, where you haven't chosen one yet, or do you have to go to see its stats?

magibas:
Yes, it is possible to get a female starter. Keep trying :) (You can see it the fastest if you decide to nickname it - if it is female and you don't want to nickname it, you can just press "enter")

No, you have to enter to the battle to see their shininess.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On X, I chose Froakie as my starter. Its final evolution is my favourite of the three (like its design). I also always have a Water Pokemon on my team, so I liked getting my Water-type right away. So far, my starter has been one of the best members of my team.

When I play my Y, I am going with Fennekin. I've liked Fennekin ever since the starters were revealed and I'm a fan of Delphox's typing.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Can anyone confirm what is the power of Mystical Fire? Most of us thought that it 65, but according to Serebii is 80 and will always lower the Special Attack of the opponent.

If that's the case, what Fire move would be better for it? Mystical Fire or Flamethrower?

Vaizel

Has anyone gotten the Fennekin from Shauna? Apparently, the nature of the starters you get from her after defeating the elite four is fixed, but no info on Fennekin's nature yet.

Has anyone picked Froakie as his starter and collected Fennekin from Shauna after beating the elite 4?

Underachiever007

To a battle? How is it not possible to tell it from its stats? (After the discussion with he group, when you can check its nature, stats etc from the menu?)

You can totally tell from its stat screen. Just not from the starter selection screen.

Tommyb2405

is there any way to get the other two kanto starters? really want all three of them :p and will you get all the mega stones too?

§¤¥Luke¥¤§

Poke-Trainer
is there any way to get the other two kanto starters? really want all three of them :p and will you get all the mega stones too?

I haven't gotten my game yet but from what I've heard you just pick the one Kanto starter at the beginning, after choosing your kalos starter and it does come with the mega stone.

You can always trade for megastones and the other starters.

Derpdash

Chose Fennekin. I actually wanted to start with Froakie, but then i saw Fennekin's big eyes and...couldn't resist anymore ;_;

§¤¥Luke¥¤§

Poke-Trainer
Does anybody have a picture of shiny Delphox? I don't know if i want a shiny or not.

It's gonna be hard to get a shiny aswell as being a girl and have a good nature, but it can be done!

Tommyb2405

I haven't gotten my game yet but from what I've heard you just pick the one Kanto starter at the beginning, after choosing your kalos starter and it does come with the mega stone.

You can always trade for megastones and the other starters.

i just reaaaally want a Charizard on my X game and i have read somewhere that kanto starters are in the friend safari. i think i read that haha. i suppose time will tell :p

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Chose Fennekin today at midnight! So excited to train her. She was a female on the first try... anyone know the gender-ratio?
She is currently a level 6, having defeated a wild Pidgey and Bunnelby. :)
My brother, once he finishes Sycamore's introduction, plans on picking Chespin.

bushie

i chose froakie mainly because i wanted to choose charmander because i'm playing X mega charizard x looks great. i thought about taking chespin or bulbasaur because we get torchic over wifi and i like to have as many different types in my party as i possible can.

SoulSilver Eric

The only female kanto starter I can seem to get is just bulbasaur. Soft reseting for a female charamander and still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.