• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Delphox can learn thunderbolt?

TheChamberlain

Should I use Surf on my Greninja, or Hydro Pump? I'm fighting the 8th gym right now, so I plan on replacing one for Ice Beam.

I have Surf on mine(Pretty awesome actually), and I plan on dropping Hydro Pump for Ice Beam.

Greninja is pretty underwhelming.

Water usually is. Disappointing power and moveset. Dang. Hate it so far ingame.

Really? Mine is doing pretty well, second only to Blaziken, but that's because Blaziken gets boosted EXP when fighting + EXP Share

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Finally I got my game, but I'm struggling to get a female Fennekin with a decent nature. I got two girls, but they both had terrible natures (Brave and Adamant, to be precise). Hopefully the next one will be better.

EDIT: At last! I've found a female Fennekin with a Modest nature. Now we're going to wreck some stuff together! :D

Last edited:

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
I didn't care to reset for nature in my first play through, as I can't EV train and can just breed for nature later. I guess that's why I got a Quirky Fennekin and later a Serious Bulbasaur. Oh well.

Helium Paperweight

Fennekin is easily my favorite starter this gen. I especially love Delphox's design. I didn't at first, but that was simply because the zoomed out view made everything look rather terrible, especially the eyes. BUT I LOVE MY DELPHOX CIRCE.

Recon

Am I the only one who hopes that the Greninja line will get Shadow Sneak? Combined with Protean, it gets a completely different typing than what it originally had.

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
Fennekin is like my favourite starter not just for this gen but among all 6 gens ! Delphox has really grown on me with its design and typing, and thank god we're not seeing another Fire/Fighting. Had to reset countless of times before I got my Modest Fennekin.

Shraeder

It's Lit
After beating the Elite 4 I traded my extra Fletchling for Fennekin, and guess what? MODEST NATURE!!! Although it isn't female, and it has the silly nickname, I'll still take it for the nature.

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
After beating the Elite 4 I traded my extra Fletchling for Fennekin, and guess what? MODEST NATURE!!! Although it isn't female, and it has the silly nickname, I'll still take it for the nature.

I think it is set in stone mine was modest as well. Although I did catch a braixen in Friend Safari...and a charmeleon. I am currently farming friend codes lol.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I think it is set in stone mine was modest as well. Although I did catch a braixen in Friend Safari...and a charmeleon. I am currently farming friend codes lol.

Did you ever find Dark Pulse for your Greninja? I found it after going up the waterafll on route 16, and then as you go down the river to the TM it transitions to Route 15.

RNG_Reporter

So after everyone has played this game for a bit... who do you all believe is the best starter ?

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Did you ever find Dark Pulse for your Greninja? I found it after going up the waterafll on route 16, and then as you go down the river to the TM it transitions to Route 15.

Yea I managed to find it as well after doing some exploring. That TM/HM page should be update with a little more information than just route 15 lol

So after everyone has played this game for a bit... who do you all believe is the best starter ?

Chespin i was think i might not like him (despite my love for grass) because of the fighting typing... but in reality he is awesome! Chestnaughts design is by far the coolest as well as if he isnt a beast. and for the record i refused to look at the final evos before he evolved so it was a total surprise to me

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I ended up with a Timid Fennekin, so that worked very well in my favor. The moves it learns through level up never disappoint either, and there's Shadow Ball and Grass Knot for additional coverage. I really think the starters pulled through this Gen.

Picking a starter for this game was a really tough decision, because my liking for them always seemed to change each evolution. For the first stages, I loved Chespin the most, after that I actually liked all their second stages, but Quilladin was at the top and when their last stages came I at first didn't like anyone of them, especially not Chespin's, sadly. However, after the sugimori art was shown I totally fell for Delphox, it just looked much more dynamic and prettier in his art. I was really sad I couldn't at all click with Chespin's final stage because he was my fav starter at the beginning, but sadly there is nothing design wise I like about chestnaught. It was already doomed when it became part fighting, I don't know why, but I never ever click with fighting type pokemons.

Well, now I currently have a female Braixen and am very happy, looking forward to her becoming a Delphox soon *u*

Status
Not open for further replies.