• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I can see Greninja breaking into OU territory. Since he is a fast spike setter with some good attacks.
Chesnaught doesn't have the moves to compliment his bulk.
And Delphox, well, I haven't really used it enough to pass judgement.
I can't think of the second Pokemon off the bat... but OU is too much for Greninja because of Ferrothorn

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I can't think of the second Pokemon off the bat... but OU is too much for Greninja because of Ferrothorn

Protean Greninja might have some luck there; I would need to take a look at its movepool though.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Protean Greninja might have some luck there; I would need to take a look at its movepool though.

Iirc, HP Fire does a number on ferrothorn. and allows greninja to resist its STAB and typical set.

It'll be fine against it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
*Is happy that Fennekin is slowly gaining in the poll* It's about time people realized how magnificent the species is. :p

Why was that an issue? Froakie gets Bubble from the start, Water Pulse later and Surf after the 3rd gym. You never really need to use Pound or whatever.

I loved that Froakie knew Bubble from the start. I started X version yesterday and I was worried that I would have one of those long, drawn out Pound battles when I faced off against Shauna but things went smoothly since my Froakie already had a Water-type move to use against Shauna's Fennekin. I thought that was convenient.

shadowF

I am planning on getting a froakie and charmander for my pokemon x game. Which would be the best natures for them?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I am planning on getting a froakie and charmander for my pokemon x game. Which would be the best natures for them?

Depends on how you're going to use them. Are you going physical, special, or mixed? Do you need extra Speed for whatever you're using them for?

Shraeder

It's Lit

Froakie: Timid/Modest(huge Speed and high Special Attack); Charmander: Adamant/Jolly(Mega Charizard X has huge Attack)

*Is happy that Fennekin is slowly gaining in the poll* It's about time people realized how magnificent the species is. :p

I loved that Froakie knew Bubble from the start. I started X version yesterday and I was worried that I would have one of those long, drawn out Pound battles when I faced off against Shauna but things went smoothly since my Froakie already had a Water-type move to use against Shauna's Fennekin. I thought that was convenient.

Wait, if you like Fennekin so much why did you choose Froakie?

Last edited:

shadowF

Depends on how you're going to use them. Are you going physical, special, or mixed? Do you need extra Speed for whatever you're using them for?

Well I am using this team
Greninja
Mega charizard X
hawlucha
Aegislash
Florges (possibly since everyone is telling me it is better than Sylveon
Tyrantrum possibly or wild card
I guess I am going to be a physical attacker, so what are the best natures for froakie and charmander?

Shraeder

It's Lit
Well I am using this team
Greninja
Mega charizard X
hawlucha
Aegislash
Florges (possibly since everyone is telling me it is better than Sylveon
Tyrantrum possibly or wild card
I guess I am going to be a physical attacker, so what are the best natures for froakie and charmander?

You should use Greninja as a Special Attacker(Timid/Modest) since your only Special Attacker is Florges. Then use Mega Charizard X as a Physical Attacker(Adamant/Jolly).

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Sigh... Chespin joins Oshawott and Squirtle in the No Shell Smash Club. I tried breeding a smeargle with Shell Smash with a female Chespin and he didn't learn it.

It's like GF doesn't want them to be good competitively. They give Feraligatr DD but can't give them shell smash. Lets not forget Torterra here now. There is no good reason not to give them the move other than GF feels they would be too good( especially Megatoise).

RNG_Reporter

I like the comment "Greninja can't be OU because of Ferrothorn"

I totally forgot if 1 Pokemon can handle you.. you can't be OU.

Plus the fact that Ferrothorn will have to come in and absorb a special attack that is probably a BP of 90, then either take a HP Fire, or something else.

Don't understand the logic.

Protean Greninja is a real potential threat.. many are getting excited for it

Charoshi

Charmander is best
My favourite starter was Fennekin from the beginning and I wasn't disappointed. I got the fire/psychic type I wanted... but Greninja looks pretty good. I think I'll use that for my Y playthrough.

What's a good nature for chespin? Is he meant to be used as a wall, attacker or sp. attacker?

Shraeder

It's Lit
What's a good nature for chespin? Is he meant to be used as a wall, attacker or sp. attacker?

Either as a Defenssive wall(Impish nature, +Def -SpAtk) or as a physical Attacker(Adamant, +Atk -SpAtk). So definitely not a Special Attacker lol.

For people asking about their stats, the main site's Pokedex has all of the new 6th gen Pokemon's stats.

Right, thanks. Also, which is a better wall? Chesnaught or Tyranitar?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Right, thanks. Also, which is a better wall? Chesnaught or Tyranitar?

Depends on what you're walling, how you're walling it, and what you're supporting with.

Ttar is better specially due to Sand Stream acting with Rock-type, though both Chesnaught and Tyranitar have weaknesses to some common types to work out.

I definitely feel good about my choices to go with Fennekin and Bulbasaur! Venusaur is a great special sponge and can dish it back out in kind, and Delphox is a fantastic special sweeper! I don't even have to mega-evolve Venusaur most of the time!

thepinguins

Steel Jester
Quick question: I just caught a Protean Frogadier. What are the better EVs and moves I should go for, knowing that Greninja is a great Spe. Attack and Speed pokemon?
For anyone who doesn't know what Protean does, it allows to change type to the move the user used, ex: Greninja uses Ice Beam and becomes Ice type, allowing for extra STAB damage on EVERY MOVE. It's an OP Ability but can be its own downfall if used incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.