• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
since torchic is a starter, guess ill just ask this here...
I already downloaded the event torchic but know I want to restart my game, does anyone know if I will be able to download & receive another torchic via event if I choose to restart my game?

Also, is it true that shauna gives us her starter pokemon?

Yeah, just redownload the event again.

Yeah she does, but that is Postgame.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Hm. These Kalos Starters are not to be trifled with. Chesnaught has the highest base Defense of all starter pokemon and the 4th highest of Grass types in general (Only beaten by Ferrothorn, Leafeon, and Tangrowth). Delphox has the highest Special Attack of all Starters and has pretty damn good Speed and Special Defense to go with it. While Greninja is fastest starter and the overall fastest water-type ever.

Combined with their Hidden abilities...I'm definitely impressed maybe for once all 3 starters will some comeptitive value.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
since torchic is a starter, guess ill just ask this here...
I already downloaded the event torchic but know I want to restart my game, does anyone know if I will be able to download & receive another torchic via event if I choose to restart my game?

Also, is it true that shauna gives us her starter pokemon?
I could have sworn I heard you can't re-download an event you already downloaded, but don't quote me on that (I have been wrong multiple times)

She gives you an egg that her starter produced (sorry, typo... I meant it came from an Egg, so she's not giving you her actual starter)

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Shraeder said:
If you choose Chespin you'll get a Froakie post game.

Yes. I've known that for some time. But, in reality, (now that I remembered) I want to go with Froakie for two reasons. One, I like it is the main reason, and two, my brother wants Chesnaught. So I want to go with a Pokemon that's not what he chooses. So there.....I can't believe I didn't remember that.......

thepinguins

Steel Jester
See gives you an egg that her starter produced

False, she trades with you a lvl 5 of whatever starter she had. It'll be nicknamed (Kinniekins for Fenekin). She requests any pokemon, so you might as well throw that useless HM slave you have

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
False, she trades with you a lvl 5 of whatever starter she had. It'll be nicknamed (Kinniekins for Fenekin). She requests any pokemon, so you might as well throw that useless HM slave you have
If you wanna get technical, yes you have to trade for it... but it still came from an Egg based on her dialogue (I had a typo in my original statement, I meant it came from an egg) XD

shadowF

Hey guys I got a froakie that is brave and it hates to lose is that cool?

Shraeder

It's Lit
Hey guys I got a froakie that is brave and it hates to lose is that cool?

NO THAT'S TURRIBLE lol. Lowers its Speed AND raises its almost useless Attack stat. Definitely not worth it. Timid/Modest is the way to go, I think I've told you this like 5 times lol.

shadowF

NO THAT'S TURRIBLE lol. Lowers its Speed AND raises its almost useless Attack stat. Definitely not worth it. Timid/Modest is the way to go, I think I've told you this like 5 times lol.

okay, Thank You I just started the game and I have soft reseted 10 times, but I did not save right now so I guess I I will soft reset again. Hopefully it will be timid/modest next time.

Shraeder

It's Lit
okay, Thank You I just started the game and I have soft reseted 10 times, but I did not save right now so I guess I I will soft reset again. Hopefully it will be timid/modest next time.

Oh ok. Must've been someone else with a Mega Charizard X avatar.

shadowF

Oh ok. Must've been someone else with a Mega Charizard X avatar.

No it was me, I am just tired of soft reseting I just did it again and I got docile. I am going to however keep on trying until I get timid/modest or at least a shiny.

Shraeder

It's Lit
No it was me, I am just tired of soft reseting I just did it again and I got docile. I am going to however keep on trying until I get timid/modest or at least a shiny.

Any Special Attack or Speed boosting nature is fine, except for Quiet and Jolly. So Mild, Rash, Naive, Hasty, Modest, or Timid are good. My Greninja is Mild.

PokeCrossbow

Pokemon Hunter
I chose Chespin because Torchic was my fire-type pokemon
and chose Squartle as my 2nd starter

I always like diversity in pokemon types, especially when it comes to my team to beat a new game.

thepinguins

Steel Jester
Squartle.

Y U DO DIS?
On another note, I find that the best Starter SO FAR, that means Typing and Move pool, is Greninja. Mainly because of its Stats and Hidden power. Sure it's lacking a few Spe.Attack moves but let's face it, it's not as bad as Delphox, who's probably one of the worst starters thus far because of its tiny movepool. Plus, with Protean, you can pretty much become any of the following types: Dark, Water, Ice, Fighting, Normal, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Flying, Rock, Grass and Bug. It could become more vast with Pokemon Z/ the third installement and the remakes

crazedgamer111

Y U DO DIS?
On another note, I find that the best Starter SO FAR, that means Typing and Move pool, is Greninja. Mainly because of its Stats and Hidden power. Sure it's lacking a few Spe.Attack moves but let's face it, it's not as bad as Delphox, who's probably one of the worst starters thus far because of its tiny movepool. Plus, with Protean, you can pretty much become any of the following types: Dark, Water, Ice, Fighting, Normal, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Flying, Rock, Grass and Bug. It could become more vast with Pokemon Z/ the third installement and the remakes

Not only can you "pretty much" become any of those types but you can POSITIVELY become any of those types.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Y U DO DIS?

Tiny? Sure Delphox could use more moves like Focus Miss but nowhere is does it have an abyssal movepool at all. I'd say it has a better ingame move pool then both Emboar and Typhlosion along with others like Serperior, Samurott and Meganium.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Tiny? Sure Delphox could use more moves like Focus Miss but nowhere is does it have an abyssal movepool at all. I'd say it has a better ingame move pool then both Emboar and Typhlosion along with others like Serperior, Samurott and Meganium.

Greninja's level-up movepool isn't too great either. Sure, it has all those great TM's, but it suffers in-game without them.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Looking at Delphox's movepool, it does lack variance. From the looks of it, it only learns Fire, Psychic, Ghost and Grass type moves that benefit its stats, everything else is support moves. Greninja at least has TMs to fall back on for more selection and Chesnaught has some decent options as well.

I'm honestly curious why they screwed it over in its movepool selection, granted it does well enough with what it has but it doesn't even get moves like Focus Blast or Thunderbolt, moves that most Psychic types learn.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Looking at Delphox's movepool, it does lack variance. From the looks of it, it only learns Fire, Psychic, Ghost and Grass type moves that benefit its stats, everything else is support moves. Greninja at least has TMs to fall back on for more selection and Chesnaught has some decent options as well.

I'm honestly curious why they screwed it over in its movepool selection, granted it does well enough with what it has but it doesn't even get moves like Focus Blast or Thunderbolt, moves that most Psychic types learn.

Nevermind why it doesn't get Thunderbolt or Focus Miss. Why in the world does Delphox get Rain Dance? Sure, we're looking at a Psychic type here, but really? Rain Dance?

Status
Not open for further replies.