• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starters Discussion Thread v2

Who is your favorite starter?

• Grass-type, Chespin

Votes: 247 21.3%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

Votes: 328 28.3%
  • Water-type, Froakie

Votes: 484 41.8%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

Votes: 100 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smuggers

Alright Guy
I feel you, this is the 2nd gen in a row where my favorite starter ends up being the weakest.....

It's even worse when I think that I've always felt like Greninja's and Delphox's abilities were swapped... I mean, isn't Greninja supposed to be all about the stealthy ninja rogue archetype? Why shouldn't he be the one with the ability to steal things? And don't magicians use their wands to transform stuff? Like, turning one element into another? Ergo what protean does?
It works either way. Ninjas can use the art of deception (Changing types with Protean) and Magicians can make stuff disappear (Taking items away with Magician).

Not really related to this specifically, but I don't really understand why people care about about what "tier" their starter is in (Especially if they don't play by that ruleset). Tier =/= how good the Pokemon is. There's obviously some crossover, but Pokemon can work above their respective tiers, and if they work fine where they, why do people act like they so desperately need to be changed? Not everything needs to be the best; my favourite Pokemon is NU and I can resist complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.