1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Starters

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Gallade20772, Oct 7, 2009.

?

Do you think it's fair for starters to be in the Battle Frontier (Opponents)?

1. OH YEAH!

22 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Yeah...

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  3. Maybe...

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. No.

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Gallade20772

Gallade20772 GAME OVER.

I was in the Battle Castle and I had a 70 win-streak with my Empoleon... then came...Torterra. It used 1 Leaf Storm and I was pwned. "NOOOOOOOO!" I screamed at my DS... Then threw it across the room. It almost broke... Post what you think about opponents having starters in the Battle Frontier (Platinum only...). Make sure you post in the poll first though.

2. GreenEspeon

GreenEspeon Water Gym Leader

I think it is okay for people in the game to have starters. Everyone has to start with a pokemon. So maybe that was his/her starter and he always has it in battles. Sorry to hear about breaking your streak.

3. Gallade20772

Gallade20772 GAME OVER.

That was quick.

4. GreenEspeon

GreenEspeon Water Gym Leader

Yeah I browse when I'm on serebiiforums...lol!

5. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

I think its alright to have startrs in the Battle Frontier, just like any other pokemon, you'll beat em next time!

6. Shining Latios

Shining Latios Well-Known Member

Theirs not much of a problem. But yeah I usually get beaten by someone if they have a starter and I get so angry.

7. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck I am America

Starters aren't that much better than normal Pokemon. so I can't see how it's unfair for them to be there.

8. Pokemon-Dratini

Pokemon-Dratini cutes.u.2.death >: )

Something like that happened to me! damn Infernape and flare blitz >.< killed my venasaur 80 wins! and i loose to a damn infernape >.<

anywhoo...

yeah its fine, makes it more annoying but also more entertainng

9. freakyboy05

freakyboy05 Swing the bat

Starters aren't THAT strong, still my Battle Tower streak loss was worse. A Miltank pwned my entire team, didn't know that it was Scrappy and it Body Slammed it's way to Victory.
    BTW, the trainer was a rich boy and he said: "Don't even think you are going to win"
    I started to think that he paid for that match :p

10. starterlover1

starterlover1 Emperor Coordinator

Of course they're fair - and you should prepare for them just like you would any other pokemon. If the likes of Latias and Suicune are allowed, then starters should definitely be included.

11. Metagross Guy

Metagross Guy ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

Uh yes!! why not?

12. mxe567

mxe567 AVOID MY STINGER XD

Starter pokemon arent better than other pokemon...it just so happened that your team had a huge torterra weakness

13. siburke939

siburke939 <------ my 1st shiny

you're complaining that their starter KTFO'd your starter? oh man...

14. Pkmn Breeder Jack

Pkmn Breeder Jack Static owns you.

Um, yeah, they aren't THAT strong. You just have to be prepared.

15. Gallade20772

Gallade20772 GAME OVER.

Well, it goes to show I had A LV100 CHARIZARD!!!!!!!

16. ^ This. If you're allowed to have a starter, why shouldn't they?

17. Shadow Gamer

Shadow Gamer The Shadow Trainer

Sure, I don't see why not.

18. TheFightingPikachu

TheFightingPikachu Smashing!

Starter Pokemon may be strong, but apparently they're not unbeatable because you were using one!

I think they are obviously fair. They all have specific strengths and weaknesses. Human players shouldn't be prohibited from using their starters, and neither should the opponents; the same rules should apply to both.

19. Dehydrated

Dehydrated Too cool for you

Yeah, everyone has a starter. They should be able to use their starter right?

20. Staryu

Staryu I know, I know..

Of course it's fair xD. At that high of a win streak, you could have been taken out by any strong grass attack.