• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starting a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
Isn't that ironic? I want to start a new game when I just caught (or hatched) a shiny Pokemon. Before you say "Why" or "Don't restart", I have a reason.

When I play Pokemon, I usually feel that I'm connected with my Pokemon. I give them nicknames, and I make them strong and happy. But during my playthrough with White 2, it didn't feel like it. By the time I got to the Elite 4 area, I thought my team was weak, so I replaced 90% of my team (except my starter, hence the remaining 10%). Then I noticed that if I compare my current Pokemon to the ones I replaced, my old pokemon were stronger, cause they gained more EVs.

So I think I am restarting. I might trade my Drought Vulpix, my Shiny Blaziken, and my Serperior to my friend though, then I'll take them back.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
It's your game, it's fine to restart if you want. I suggest checking your PC for any pokes you want to save by trading to your friend(s). Like an idiot I handed my copy of LG to my cousin and told her she could start a new game, totally forgetting about my SHINY BUTTERFREE that was in the PC. T_T

Ausgirl

It sounds kinda silly if you ask me. Are you planning to use your team in competive battling? If not then you shouldn't worry about EVs. Besides ingame teams are usually weak and aren't really good for competive battling anyway. If you want to get into that finish the game using whatever Pokemon you like and then learn how to RNG so your Pokemon will have a chance of winning, cos having EV trained Pokemon with terrible IVs is pointless and a waste of time. You need both good IVs and EVs to be able to stand s chance.

Ditto B1tch

The EV is such a thing that pi$$ off a little, but you can collect them afterwards easily by obtaining that "Power" items that are sold in the menu of Battle Frontier/Area.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
Exactly. I plan on doing competitive battles, and I admit, my team was rushed. I mean....Braviary with Modest nature

What was I thinking

by the way I can`t use question marks I dunno why everytime I try to type question marks it always does this É

That`s why I restarted my game. I wanna be able to have Pokemon with perfect (or near perfect) natures, EVs, and IVs, so that I can be able to compete. So...yeah.

Zachmac

That`s why I restarted my game. I wanna be able to have Pokemon with perfect (or near perfect) natures, EVs, and IVs, so that I can be able to compete. So...yeah.
You don't have to restart for that. You can just breed more or whatever....

I keep the pokemon I get attached to and use them in game and such, while using completely different pokemon for competitive battles, so I get the best of both worlds with it.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
Yes true but I don't have time for that now I defeated 90% of the trainers in the game. I can't keep grinding with Breeders but if I restart knowing that I need to do this, not that, then it'll be quicker.

I know it kinda seems stupid, but this is my first time going into competitive battling, and I don't know much. I really wanna start all over again to make up for my mistakes. (Modest Braviary? Adamant Lapras? come on lol)

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I am curious: Were you "not connected" with your pokemon because they were weak?

Last edited:

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
If you're going to do competitive battling then I guess that's okay (I know virtually nothing about competitive battling really). But at the end of the day, it's your game and I can't stop you.
For trainers, you can grind by battling the breeders.

Nyrholnen

well, i received the easy key from my friend and i dont know how hard is the game normally, and you doesnt have to train your pokemon to gain evs,ivs or whatever, i didnt cared about these things and i usually win the online battles.

Speed336

In Pokemon black and white 2 the elite fours Pokemon are like level 58 so train ya Pokemon to level 80 or 90... BOSH! You killed the Elite four

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Adamant Lapras? come on lol

Adamant Lapras can work, actually. Its base Attack is equal to its base SAtk, and it has enough moves for a physical set (Ice Shard, Dragon Dance, Drill Run, Waterfall, Return....)

In Pokemon black and white 2 the elite fours Pokemon are like level 58 so train ya Pokemon to level 80 or 90... BOSH! You killed the Elite four

.....level 60-70 is more than enough

Anyway, is there really ANY point to this thread, other than you telling anyone that you want to restart your game?

If you want to get involved in Competitive, I suggest reading the Competitive section:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?207-Competitive-Pokemon

Particularly, the Competitive Discussion and Competitive RMT area :)

Good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.