• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starting all over again

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Im thinking of starting all over again in ether fire red or leaf green last time I went with leaf green and starting emerald if I start today could I get the game to a good point before the release of diamond and pearl?

Last edited:

ThegameHHH

I am the game
Where do you live? If the version is coming in 2007 then...YES you can get to a good point.

Argento

Sic Transit Gloria
I only started my LG game about a month ago and have had next to no time to play it due to college. I bought it because of Diamond and Pearl in the first place, and believe me, it's worth it.

Hikikomori

yeah...but what is a good point to you may not be a good point for someone else, so what is ur good point?

EDIT: I got surge!

ThegameHHH

I am the game
His good point may be the sevvi islands(rainbow pass)

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
a good point would be to complete the story and obtain all avalible pokemon.
diamond and pearl probably wont be released in the uk until next august / september

Last edited:

Ard

depending on the amont of time you have, of course you can. plus, d/p probably wont be out until next year so thats a heck of a lot of time.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
but if to start all over again just to transfer pokemon to diamond and pearl seems a waste since ther will be wi fi trading

Argento

Sic Transit Gloria
And you can only transfer 6 pokemon a day to D/P, so that will take al long time to

But you can also get Pokemon like Magmar, Electabuzz, the starters, the legends, and so many more that you couldn't get otherwise. You could trade others for them with WiFi as people suggest, but if you wanted something like a Zapdos, you'd probably have to trade a legend of your own.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
thank you everyone for your input I have decided to start a new game on fire red tomorrow and then leaf green on Wednesday / Thursday and if everything goes well then I will start on emerald the following Monday.
The reason Im doing this is to make the best teams I can for these final generation 3 games. I will report on how things are going on Friday.