• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starting to form up a team, need a bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soven26

So far looking over the pokemon in the past I have had a glaring weakness to say ground types in my composition. I will not be competing online aginst other players nor going too far into the subway. Just far enough to get the Tms at first maybe further at a later date. Going to be starting the game tomorrow. Anyhow. my team so far has this for an ending crew will use others till the point i can get them. Please note, I will not hack to get particualr pokes to spawn. Nor do I know of others to be able to trade any with.

1. Glisor
Ability ?
Nature ?
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Lightning Fang
Fly

2. Lucario
Ability ?
nature ?
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Ice Punch

3. Sesmitoad
Posion Hand
Nature ?
Earth quake
Scaled or Surf
Drain Punch
Sludge Wave

4. ?
after i beat Elite 4
5. Tryantiar
Nature ?
Sandstream
earthquake
Stone edge
Aerial Ace
Crunch

6. HM slave golduck
I am thinking maybe heatran or something else for spot 4 another wiat till i beat. Also how good is Sand teams in Subway.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Gliscor can go with Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Rock Slide/Stone Edge and Roost or Swords Dance. Its item... A Muscle Band can be helpful if you can't get a Life Orb, but once you get a Life Orb; do it. Life Orb is the very best item for this set (that uses Roost). If you decide to go with Swords Dance (which I don't know if you will), Leftovers is the way to go. His ability should also be Sand Veil; and I doubt you want a Hyper Cutter anyway, although it may be helpful against Intimidate users.
Both set relies on power and coverage. The Roost Set relies on Life Orb to deal extra damage, while Roost restore his health to what it once was. The Swords Dance rely on setting up and sweep. Leftovers will deal with some damage you might take while using SD.

Lucario should either go mixed or being pure physical or pure special. I suggest him being mixed. Extreme Speed, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball and either Ice Punch or Dragon Pulse should do just fine in the last. That way, you can deal with almost anything. I would slap a Life Orb on him for some raw damage or a Leftovers to recover some health while sweeping. But IDK about his last move, really. Ice type does have a nice and better coverage than Dragon Pulse. Also, it has a nice synergy with Aura Sphere.

Hope this helps! All the best!

chap196

For Tyranitar
I wouldn't put Aerial Ace on Tyranitar as a STAB Stone edge is already stronger than a Super Effective Aerial Ace. I would use Dragon Dance instead or if you want to Super Effective Grass Type Pokemon, then use Ice Punch. I would use Adamant Nature for Tyranitar, but some people prefer Jolly.

Hope this help

Last edited:
Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
Adamant Nature
~ Earthquake
~ Acrobatics
~ Stone Edge
~ Roost

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
Adamant Nature
~ Close Combat
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Swords Dance
~ Crunch / Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Trait: Poison Touch
Timid Nature
~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Earth Power
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Hidden Power Electric

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Superpower / Earthquake
~ Dragon Dance

Changes made in quote, adjust to your preferences. There are some egg moves and TM moves, if you're willing to go for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.