• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stat Experience Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjask4520

When your pokemon is level 100, does it still gain stat experience? It's a really noobish question I know, but I haven't played Red and Blue in years and I don't remember at all.

Jorge565

Magikarp
I dont think so. i believe that mechanic wasnt added until 5th gen

ninjask4520

Oh. Okay. Well, good thing I'm only training my Pokemon to level 50 for the moment for use in Stadium. :D

Thanks for helping.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
No. The Pokèmon only gains XP up to LV100
Edit: Oh, stat experience. As it says on bulbapedia:

The EV system was introduced in Generation I, where it was also called Stat Experience or Stat Exp.
The Pokémon data structure contains two EV bytes for each the five stats (HP, Attack, Defense, Speed and Special), starting at zero when caught and with a maximum EV of 65535 for each stat. When a Pokémon is defeated, its base stats are converted to effort points and then added to the EVs. For example, defeating a Mew grants 100 effort points to each EV. (Defeating 656 Mew, therefore, will give a Pokémon maximum EVs in each stat.)
EVs are factored into the Pokémon's stats when it levels up. Additionally, EVs are calculated into stats when a Pokémon is taken from Bill's PC; this is called the box trick. A Pokémon which reaches level 100 can continue to acquire EVs up to the maximum of 65535 in each stat, and use the box trick to have those EVs factored in.
Vitamins add 2560 to one stat's EV, but cannot raise a stat above 25600. Unlike the Exp. Share in later games, the Exp. All did not share EVs.
At level 100, the formula for determining the stat difference between a Pokémon trained in that stat and an untrained Pokémon is square root of stat exp divided by four.

Last edited:

M-san

Gen. 1 & 2 Player ★
Yes, your Pokémon can earn more stat experience, as long as the stats are not "full". Don't forget to give all of your Pokémon vitamins, and remember to deposit and withdraw Pokémon after a long session of training, because the game will recheck the Pokémon's stats, and then apply newly earned stat experience to any Pokémon deposited, thus boosting the stat even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.