• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stat moves?

Brocko18

Training telekinetic
Will you use moves such as growl or tail whip or whatnot in the new games? do you use them in the old ones even? I know I don't. They're a waste of time to me. I only use offensive moves.

Myo

Cascade Trainer
well in INgame its really not about Strategy but more about just killing ur opponent with supereffetive hits lol. but in NB they are used lots

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
we most likely will i hope we don't though

PatTar

yee.
all out offense strategy fails. yes, i use these moves, especially swords dance, calm mind, bulk up, and the like. i'm also pretty sure this is in the wrong section.

Elfteiroh

Thunder Leaf
Tonight I used Sand attack agains a Nidoran lvl20 and killed it with a sandshrew lvl17 using Poison Sting! Hehe.. ^^ Without sand attack it would have been impossible. :p (It was my only pokemon still alive so..)

Fast_shoesXx

How long have you been playing the games?
You don't use swords dance or anything like that huh.
Yeah, I'll use them.

Ace13

Sexy Trainer
personally i dont use the early stat lowering move but, moves like Calm Mind and the like are extremly useful

Zora

perpetually tired
Not ingame. Once my Wi-Fi team is set-up, of course. Exception will be a cursing Mudkip once I can get it :D

snorlax

Banned
Screech / Calm Mind / Swords Dance / Sharpen / Bulk Up / Belly Drum / Dragon Dance / Curse / Howl

are the only Stat altering moves used in competative battle

Last edited:

Golde

Always Searching~
Thank the lord! Someone agrees! Yes, IO never use stat lowers, IMO they waste time.

why waste time using swords dance and incrasing your power, when you could kill him in 3 or less turns? I never will use these, never have.

Zora

perpetually tired
And Howl on Arcanine. Hey you have Sharpen, only Porygon2 uses it, so I thought Arcanine should have a mention.

snorlax

Banned
because hes the only one that uses that?

Arcanine is garbage in OU but i guess ill add it

Arca-Assinine

Locked & loaded.
My strategy is basically using what seems to work for each individual; if it includes Growl or Tail Whip, so be it. But I doubt it'll go that way - when you have Featherdance & Screech to take their place.

This guy's talking about those less-powerful early stat moves, like the 2 I just said & Leer.

I feel Growth might actually be worth a mention if Sharpen & Howl are. Same thing, except fo Sp. Attack.

snorlax

Banned
no name one pokemon that uses Growth effectively

and ill lol and tell ou wrong and why

Elfteiroh

Thunder Leaf
It's not called strategy then. :eek:

Uber

Teh Ubermasta
The point of stat increasing yourself is so you can sweep/become all powerful. Not to focus on killing just one thing.

I'll only use Sand-Attack and the later ones.

Hunnuli

Grimoire of the Sage
tail whip might be interesting in double battles(it does effect both enemies, right?). One drop on two different pokes, or two drops on one poke.... Depends on who is out but it could have some use.... that is if double battles weren't so offense oriented.

TeamPez2

I hope Calm mind is still a Tm. Hopefully Swords dance as well
Ontopic: All offensive fails

Last edited: