1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Stat Trainers

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:06 AM.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Active Member

The Stat Trainers were a group of 5 special trainers in the D/P/PT games. Each of these trainers specialized in a different stat and you would temporarily become their guide in a certain area and guide them to the end of the cave/forest/dungeon. Which of these characters was your favourite?

Riley was my favourite one since he gave us the Riolu egg and he was based off of Sir Aaron from the 8th Pokemon film which was a cool reference to the cartoon.

MockingJ and Lunalah like this.
  2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Riley, I like his design, the fact he gives you a Riolu egg and his Lucario's moveset, since it is all about dealing damage.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I liked Miru (Mira) because her overworld sprite was smaller than ours, and that just seemed cute to me. I liked that in Platinum version they were finally able to be battled by us instead of them only being tag battle partners.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Riley because he was the coolest looking stat trainer. I really liked how he had a Lucario like the dude from the 8th movie and the fact that he gave us a free Riolu egg made him awesome in my book.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Gen (Riley) giving us a Riolu egg was probably the only memorable part of his character to me. As embarrassing as it is to admit this, I didn't even realize that he was based off of Arlon's (Sir Aaron's) design from the Lucario movie until recent years.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  6. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

Buck. He’s hyped like his older brother Flint and his sidequest with Heatran is very memorable for me.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I also think that Baku (Buck) was probably the most integral stat trainer in the games because of his involvement in the Hard (Stark) Mountain subplot. I always wondered why Baku had different hair texture than Ohba (Flint) in spite of them being brothers, though.