• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stategy Begins At Home (606)

I liked this episode. ^^ We got to see Ash's mom via video phone, along with Prof. Oak. Dawn battled her mom and lost (not surprisingly), and we got to see a threatening Bellossom. xD It was a great ep, I'm surprised Brock tried to hit on that woman so many times. o_O

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
(I couldn't think of anywhere to put this so sorry if its in wrong spot. )

The main group is in the first town again right did it mention they were going back there in the previous few episodes or they randomly showed up? I also have another question did they walk there or take some means of transportation?

On topic i just read thru the first few posts sounds like a pretty decent episode did oak call ash or the other way around Im surprised non of his johto pokemon didn't show up like totildile seeing as the other two starters are appearing in a few episodes.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Look, it's Johanna's house! Quick, find an old Pallette Town episode so we can see if they just reused the design from Deliah's house!
-Judging by their reaction to Piplup, Glameow and Umbreon obviously post on SPPf.
-Hey look, it's GSC Remake Advertising Character of the Day!
-Dawn has a whole four ribbons! I'm sure everyone is impressed. Brock sure is, given how he literally shoves her aside to hit on GSCRACOTD.
-It's been 5 seconds of this and it doesn't look like it's stopping! Where's Croagunk?!
-Oh, there it is. And Bellossum gets some bonus points by stun sporing Brock at the same time Croagunk stabs him. It's funny because it involves someone experiencing pain.
-So many trophies and pictures of Johanna's career prominently displayed...obviously a cry for help, a cry to be saved from the dreary life of a housewife that fills her time now. Either that or Johanna loves massaging her ego all day. "Oh yes, I won ALL of those trophies! Hell yes, I'm awesome! I'm the BEST! Look at me, I'm so gorgeous in these photos! I'm the greatest, most talented, most BRILLIANT person alive!" Now imagine her thoughts being like that all day, and...
-Meanwhile. Team Rocket is fishing. And they're in disguise despite partaking in a legal activity.
-Oh wait, that guy who yelled at them looked vaguely boss-ish. I guess they've been hired to fish for...something. Probably something specific, given the "omg they released tons of pokemon they lured in!" complaints I'm seeing.
-Johanna's a good cook. Shocking! Brock still makes awesome Pokemon food! A pathetic reminder that he technically still has a goal of becoming a great Pokemon breeder!
-Washing dishes by HAND? You'd think that with all the gadgets and advanced technoglogy we've seen in the Pokemon world, people would at least have dishwashers in their houses.
-Seriously, Johanna has a fancy flatscreen videophone thing, but she doesn't have a dishwasher. What the hell, woman?
-Once again, the anime expects us to give a shit about Oak's Pokemon senryu. Once again, I don't give a shit.
-HEY REMEMBER *ASH'S* MOM? REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SHE DID ANYTHING? NEITHER DO I!
-I bet Johanna just loves having Brock do the gardening for free!
-Don't ask me what's up with Johanna's "neighbors", because I don't know.
-Blah blah little boy in the woods blah blah WHOA ASH FLASHBACK
-Cue 8 million theories about how the brown-haired man in the flashback is Ash's dad
-Dawn is doing some military planning for her upcoming battle, but Pachirisu(it exists?!) wanders off and points out...a little frame above the TV with pictures of Dawn doing contesty stuff(mostly ribbons, one pic has her standing next to Walalce). I bet Dawn will be so happy about the space she's getting compared to the three shelves of stuff Johanna put up about herself.
-I'm starting to like this Bellossum. Anything that starts glowing black when Brock hits on girls too much is ok with me! (of course, Croagunk's doing that too...)
-Glameow&Umbreon defy the laws of physics to get past Dawn's opening Brine+Discharge(or thundershock or something. Look man, don't judge me, all electric attacks look exactly the same, okay?!) combo.
-*skips over 3 minutes of predictable battle*
-DAWN LOST WOW I NEVER EXPECTED THIS
-Dawn's happy anyway. Because her mom is awesome, I guess?

crobatman

WHy are the pictures for this episode not up on the main site yet. I would like to see them.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
@ Juputoru - GSCRACOTD? Not sure on that one...

Ok...I finally found the full episode and watched it. While I knew Dawn would lose (did anyone think she'd win???), for me, I'm filing this episode under the "It could have been better" section. Whatever word in Japanese translates to showdown in English really needs to be reexamined because that was all but a showdown. I suppose they want to convey excitement or suspense, but it was more a display of combos.

Like others, I'm confused as to what the double Quick Attacks were about. Could someone maybe translate that if there's an explanation?

Jessie is a moron for throwing that Feebas back. She wants a Milotic, right?

zeno48

Zaker!
This episode was okay but nothing exciting. I'm glad Dawn lost.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
It was a fairly good episode but it took too long for the battle to start, and it was just a few minutes long. It was fun to watch, however short it may have been. I also liked that Dawn used Pachirisu for a change.
Croagunk and Bellossum tag team attack Brock was very funny too.

Team Rocket was tossing back all those Water Pokemon was pretty dumb, especially Jesse getting rid of the Feebas... Why where they collecting Goldeen though?

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
EDIT: Ignorant mistake removed. My apologies.

And to make sure this post isn't just spam: I'm not surprised that Dawn lost (figured the mother wouldn't lose, accomplished coordinator that she is), but I am pleased. Umbreon has always been a favorite of mine, so it's good to see it obtain victory, tho' I am disappointed if it's as rude as some of the posts have been saying. Also good for Pachirisu to get some screentime, even if it was shared with Piplup. Gonna be an interesting ep to watch, at least.

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
The episode looks very good. About time Ash and Brock met Johanna.

BTW, who is the lady in Johanna's house.

A friend maybe but i agree. It seems Johanna is getting better treatment then any of the moms we've seen imo since she is more involed with Dawn and her goals.

zeno48

Zaker!
If you honestly can't wait, go somewhere else and look at them. God, this pictures aren't your whole life.

Apparently they are to him lol. The pictures will show up. People just have to be patient.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
BTW, who is the lady in Johanna's house.

It was some student of Johanna's and I think a friend of Dawn's.

crobatman

lol, I will be patient. Joe usually has them up the day after the show though doesn't he?

Why does Johanna need a student? Why can't Dawn just be her student?

V Faction

www.faction.com
This episode.... So boring.

After it takes us about halfway through the episode before we even think about the match between Dawn and Johanna, you know it's more about the family part rather than the match itself.

And what a crappy battle it was. Dawn's side barely did anything. Combine Whirlpool with Discharge and execute a Suppa Thang? Boring. They get knocked out easily thanks to Johanna's Pokemon, too. Which, I'll add, had really lame attacks. Quick Attack, Swift, Shadow Ball... the same crap we've seen before. I'm getting May's Eevee flashbacks. Attract was a nice favor but nothing special. Exactly how do her Pokemon defy gravity?

Bellossom was cool. I was not expecting Stun Spore as a deterrent like Poison Jab from Crogunk.

Anyone know what Team Rocket was doing at Generic Lake #827 (because, I swear, Sinnoh give Johto and Hoenn a run for their money with those things). They nearly caught the whole ecosystem of life in that place, even managing to snag a Gyarados.

No. 1 Machop Fan

It's been nearly a week and still no episode pictures! Also, the front page stopped mentioning it, so you'd think that they won't! I guess I'll just have to wait until it is dubbed and then watch it online.