What's all the fuss going on in Twinleaf? Let's find out, shall we?
- As Ash & the gang arrive in Twinleaf, they are greeted by a group that tells them that a festival is going to be held here. What it is, I haven't a clue, but I know for sure that it isn't the Grand Festival...
- Another eyebrow-raising fact is that Dawn's mother, Johanna, happens to be the Chairman, or Chairwoman to be more accurate.
- Dawn arrives back at her home, which is pretty damn sizable, & is, of course, greeted by her mom, as well as her caretaker. Johanna has anticipated her arrival, so she cooked up her favorite meals.
- Also, Brock happens to fall head over heels over her caretaker, but with the combined efforts of Croagunk & Bellossom, he is kept in check for the rest of the episode.
- In the meantime, we have a look at what TR is doing. They're in regular civilian clothing, as they've happened to find a way to fill up their virtually nonexistent bank accounts. They had to fish for some Goldeen for a festival game. Problem is, they've managed to catch anything but Goldeen at first.
- Back at Dawn's Home, everybody is feasting on their meals, when Dawn pops the bubble & challenges her mom to a (contest) fight, which is something that Johanna couldn't refuse. Also of notice is the fact that her Glameow & Umbreon are happily eating Brock's Pokemon food. Her caretaker explains that they're both picky eaters, which meant something to him, as she asks for his recipe.
- Back with TR, they are now catching Goldeen left & right, which means they're going to get a big-#@% paycheck, or so they think...
- As the girls are doing dishes, Ash decides to give a shout out to Professor Oak. In their chat, we do find out that he, too, is attending the Twinleaf Festival.
- By the time the dishes are done, Delia makes her presence known as well, but other than that, it's nothing important...
- They head out to Johanna's garden, in which they are discussing their fight with Dawn & Johanna, when she gets interrupted by that same group we saw earlier. Seems to be that they're having some issues regarding which stalls they should use.
- The issue gets resolved, but then another one arises, this time about the location, location, location of everything. So... Johanna decides to give them a hand.
- Since this is going to take a while, Dawn decides to head back inside to discuss her strategies, whilst Ash just heads out.
- As Ash is walking along the wilderness, he finds a wee little kid, who happens to have big dreams of becoming a trainer, much like himself when he was little.
- As Dawn is discussing her strategy, her Pachirisu stumbles upon a collection of her own achievements in the past, most notably the Wallace Festival.
- Now that everything is sorted out, they can finally fight each other.
- WAR START!! Dawn uses both her Piplup & Pachirisu to created an electrified Whirlpool. Unfortunately for her, Johanna's Glameow & Umbreon Quick Attack all over their Whirlpool. It's almost like one of those "Gouge your eyes" fests, isn't it?
- Then, Glameow & Umbreon both use Shadow Ball, which carves through the Whirlpool like it ain't no thing & hits both Piplup & Pachirisu.
- They get back on their feet, & Piplup uses Bubblebeam to create a huge wall obscuring Johanna's team.
- Pachirisu follows up by making like Sonic the Hedgehog with Hyper Fang, which in turn hits both of them.
- Johanna then has her team use Attract on both of them, which also works on both of them.
- With Dawn's team going gaga over Johanna's team, Johanna orders her Pokemon to use Swift, which breaks the hearts of both Piplup & Pachirisu so bad, that it gives both of them a case of Dead.
- Back at TR, they've almost hit their quota, when Meowth snags a Gyarados, which in turn, fires an SBC at them, thus sending them flying off into god-knows-where.
There are a few interesting observations that I've made about this episode. One of which is that Johanna's garden reminds me of the Gracidea Meadow over at the Glacier in Movie 11. The second is that both Johanna's Glameow & her Umbreon both have the exact same move-set. If one of her opponents can find a counter for that move-set, that would be able to counter both of these. Lastly, is the fact that Dawn lost against her own mother, yet she managed to beat Johanna's rival over at Celestic Town. My theory is that either Dawn got lucky against her, or that she's getting a bit... rusty, & I'm betting on the latter.
Well, that's enough for me.