• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

status problems

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
wich status problem do you think is the best to use in battles???

POISIONED?
BADLY POISIONED?
PARALYZED?
BURNED?
CONFUSED?
ASLEEP?
FREEZED?

I myself love badly poisonnd 'cause you can easily defeat the opponents pokemon even if it restores it's HP with attacks ((e.g. softboiled)) or items!
but the others are pretty awesome too
burn reduces the atk. of the pokemon by 50%
paralyze reducess the speed of the pokemon by 50%
a pokemon can be asleep for 7 turns
and there's a chance of 30% for a pokemon to punch itself in the face when confused!!!
and freezed status just pauses the pokemon for a few turns!

Last edited:

darthscyther123

Burn because it works offensively and defensively.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
All the status problems are great to use in different aspects of battle.

Poison is used for basically anything if you want the opponent to lose HP every turn.

Paralysis is also pretty useful most of the time, especially to fast sweepers. It's not much of a big deal to slow Pokemon that can withstand powerful attacks.

Burn is only great for dealing with Physical Attackers. At least for Special Attackers, they lose HP each turn.

Confusion is a cool status, but you can't really depend on the hax factor of when the opponent will hurt itself.

Sleep is very useful most of the time. The only thing is if the opponent uses sleep as a benefiting factor.

Freeze is pretty much the same as Sleep.

Overall, I always liked using different status elements, and I don't think there is a "best" status condition. The one I use the most is Poisoned/Badly Poisoned, though.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Toxic for defensive foes, and Burns for offensive foes.

MusicMan

Fire Master
Actually Burn Because Its Fire :D But Poisen Helped Me A lot :D

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Burn is great for physical attackers, but I find for stopping offensive pokemon, freeze/pararlyze is often better. Poison is greet for defensive types.

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
Freezing would be the best if you were lucky, and if there was a strong chance of it being inflicted.

Confusion is much more effective on you, but still pretty good.

Badly Poisoned is excellent, since it is a guarunteed KO sooner or later. Regular poison pales in comparison.

Attract is annoying. Damn Miltank

Burn cripples physical attackers, but is only as good as regular poison on special attackers.

Sleep is useful. Not as good as Frozen, but more reliable.

Paralysis is nice for sweepers, since it slows them.

TheReckless1

Mind Wipe
To me burns and both poisons are my favs because they make your opponent lose hp. Burn is my favorite because it lowers the attack stat. Badly poisoned is my second favorite because the damage worsens with each turn.

~Kurou

to see you smile
I like Burned the best. I like it because it deals damage, but also lowers the opponents attack too. It's a perfect condition!

KAIBAMAN

Psychic/1+1=?
There need's to be a move that freezes target, like spore thunder wave and stuff like that.
Ice type pokemon are my 2d favorite and aren't getting as much attention as the rest.. They're so weak and underrated, it makes me sad :(

Master 92 1/2

Shiny Hunter
I usually use badly poison cuz it can destroy defensive teams and can prevent offensive threats from destroying as much