• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stealing A Conversation (583)

If Im right. Jenny kicked ***! :D

katfairy

Definitely looking forward to the dub, so I can find out what Old Cop Guy was bellowing about. Plenty of giggles in this one, and some huge... tracts of land. Can you say fanservice? Sure you can.

This is when I really wish I didn't suck at the whole foreign language thing.

Icefiyre

Banned
Didn't we already have a wild Officer Jenny (Marble from DP059 "Luxray Vision!") and a Chatot (Already seen in two episodes: AG183 "Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight" and DP033 "All Dressed up with Somewhere to Go"). I mean if it was a Pokemon that wasn't seen in the anime yet I wouldn't be complaining as much, but this just sounds so much like a filler, screaming almost.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Why wait for the dub...

...when you can get infro from the sub. :)

Anyway, it's time for Korobooshi's Notes from the Sub:

* Jessie and James claim to be TV Reporters from Jubilife...which reminds me, where's Rhonda and the boom mic guy. :0
* Chatot keeps repeating things wrong, using a rhyming or simmilar word instead. For example it calls Jenny "mild", which she corrects it as being "wild". And yes, she calls herself wild...0.o
* Jenny was transferred from Kanto, learning that Team Rocket wants to start as base in Sinnoh, and wants Ash to help her investigation since he's always encountering Team Rocket. Ash tells her that Team Rocket are the ones encountering him.
* In case anyone was wondering what that text that popped up on the screen mentioning 2011, its the date of the switch to digital in Japan irc.
* Haha, Jenny tells Ash and co. that to help in the investigation they need to stand still like bowling pins. Dawn asks if they're bait, but Ash and Brock think that Jenny would never do that. :)
* The Superintendent is mad at Jenny for using them as bait, another one of her crazy investigation methods. If she messes up one more time, she'll be demoted to doing paperwork.
* Once again, Dawn seems to be the only one suspicious of Jenny when she has them eat at a restaurant, I assume hoping Team Rocket appear. :p
* Jenny's "Attacks" are Wild Tornado, Wild Laser Beam, Wild Hook Ball. She uses alot of bowling talk also.
* Chatot uses Featherdance.
* Jenny claims she doesn't like to attract attention...while posing for reporters.
* Jenny mentions JJM aren't the same Team Rocket she fought in Kanto...
* Jenny and Chatot met when she first started out, and since then they became an unstoppable team.
* Chatot calls James at one point "Kosanji", which is the name that Butch (Kosaburo) is usually called mistakenly. ^.^
* Pikachu's Iron Tail in this episode was performed just how Pachirisu did it in the last episode.
* Earlier Jenny bluffed to the robber she had a 4th ball to use...he fell for it, and she took out handcuffs. However when fighting Team Rocket, she reveals that Chatot with Steel Wing is her trump ball.

So...I don't know, but are the writers hinting at a possible Team Rocket plot at a later date? At the end of the episode, Jenny mentions she'll be going to the Whirl Islands to hunt down Team Rocket...and, well, I don't think I need to explain the speculation associated with that. Either way, this was a good episode, and I honestly hope Wild Jenny returns.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Didn't we already have a wild Officer Jenny (Marble from DP059 "Luxray Vision!") and a Chatot (Already seen in two episodes: AG183 "Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight" and DP033 "All Dressed up with Somewhere to Go"). I mean if it was a Pokemon that wasn't seen in the anime yet I wouldn't be complaining as much, but this just sounds so much like a filler, screaming almost.

Maybe, however I do believe more time was needed for Chatot to be seen in an episode, and we've seen in the past that pokemon DO appear more than once in episodes. ;)

As an episode with a Chatot in, I wasn't looking forward to this at all. However, I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be one of the best fillers in a long time (barring the Rotom one, of course)!
Loved the constant bowling metaphors, and during the Chatot's captivity, he was mis-naming TR, very similar to another member of a TR gang (who I absolutely love). I think Biff (I mean Bill! Or is it Barry?) and Cassidy are the named TR at large in the Whirlpool Islands.

The one thing that was missing though was the pun 'split'. I.e. TR's mecha is slashed: Oh no! We'd better split!

Torpoleon

I just saw this episode. I have to say, it seemed very interesting. Now we know how Officer Jenny got Chatot! I also liked the Jenny and Chatot combo as well!

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
BEST JENNY EVER!

She didn't seem as incompetent but she makes up for it with being cool, she
jumped of her motorcycle, flipped, and landed on it! While it was still moving!!!

Her bowling people was pretty cool too, although in the flashback, it looked
like she was trying to kill that guy. You don't throw a bowling ball at someone's
spine unless you're trying to paralyze them permanently.

I also learned the Pokemon has regular crooks, yet they don't have to
sense to use guns or Pokemon and expect to get away on foot.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I also learned the Pokemon has regular crooks, yet they don't have to
sense to use guns or Pokemon and expect to get away on foot.

Well, if it were 4Kids, they would have invisible guns.

This was a pretty interesting episode. I like how the Officer Jenny here was different from others. The encounter with the chief was a bit humerous, as was literally bowling people down. Overall, I liked the episode, but it probably won't go down as one of my all-time favorites.

Dattebayo

Banned
I find it a boring and pointless filler episode, even though Jenny and Chatot as partner was the only thing that was interesting. That's all I could say about this episode.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Haha, this was a pretty good episode. This was such a wild Jenny alright.

"Ash Ketchum, you're under arrest." I gotta Roftcopter when Jenny said that. XD
Brock's flirting didnt ended up crushed by Croagunk this time. Pretty cool.
Man, is Jenny a good bowler or what.

Vernikova

Champion
The only wild thing about Jenny were her plans of using Ash, Dawn, and Brock as decoys. It was nice to see Chatot actually get a decentbepisode since its debut episode wasn't that enjoyable. I can't say this was a really good episode but it had some funny moments in it.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Simply an ok filler. Not much I had to comment on other than the cool use of Featherdance and how weird it was for Jenny to have that obsession with bowling balls.