• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Steel-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
*blows off cobwebs*
Time for a new topic!

What is your favorite secondary Steel typing?
Bug for sure! Scizor, Forretress and so on own!

BugPokemonMaster316

Agreed! Bug is by far the best typing we have for Steel. With only a weakness to fire it is very good. Also, Forretress is a good SR and Spikes user and Scizor is an insane attacker. Steel/Grass is also very good, having only two weaknesses.

Colt45

Cobalt
No... definitely not by far the best, and probably not the best at all. 4x weaknesses are never good, especially with something as prominent as Fire, plus, it also takes away three resistances that Steel already had, besides Fire, and makes them neutral. I'd say its best dual-typing is maybe Flying. It only adds one weakness, Electric, which is a weakness Steel should obviously already have anyway, and it takes away Fighting as a weakness, and not only takes away ground, but makes it immune to it.

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
I don't see why four times weaknesses are bad. Scizor, Forretress, and Genesect are all in high tiers. Besides the topic is called your favorite secondary typing

BugPokemonMaster316

True, I almost forgot about Steel/Flying. Skarmory is very good in competitive play from what I have heard. But, I think Steel/Bug is pretty good too, but mainly because of the Pokémon themselves and their stats, not the typing.

Colt45

Cobalt
I didn't use the topic, I was just replying to BugMaster's claim that it was the best. 4x weaknesses aren't the only problem, it also gives Steel less resistances and more neutralities (is that a word?) Flying only gives it one more neutrality, while Bug gives it 3.

Edit: Yeah, I know there can be a Bug/Steel Pokemon better than a Steel/Flying Pokemon, but that's not what I mean, I'm not taking into account the Pokemon associated with those typings at all, just the mechanics of the typing.

BugPokemonMaster316

Yeah, I mean there's pros and cons to all typings, but I think that overall for Steel, Steel/Bug and Steel/Flying are the best for reasons stated before.

Colt45

Cobalt
There's really Pros for all types associated with Steel. Steel is truly an amazing type, and has pretty much every type being to get paired with it, because it always gives them a shitton of resistances. Steel can do good with pretty much any typing. (Rock is an exception, poor Aggron.)

Regality

Digital King
Username: Regality
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Aggron
Why do you like Steel-Types: Because they are beasty tanks of destruction.

(Rock is an exception, poor Aggron.)

Oh come on! :D

Regality

Digital King
Accepted! Welcome to the club!

Thanks man!

But anyway, skarmory is also one of my favourite pokemon and as you mentioned its typing is very good.. but I kinda want it to get an evolution.
I use attacking pokemon, so if it gave up some defense for a better attack that would be fine with me.

Then eviolite skarmory would be a beast :D

And water/steel is a good typing, especially in empoleons case, as it has the water moves to counter the ground weakness and then drill peck/pluck to counter the fighting weakness... whilst also having 11 resistances still and that poison immunity.

BugPokemonMaster316

;212; I'd love a Skarmory evo too, but eviolite Skarmory would just be a nightmare. Plus it already seems like there would be no way to expand it's design. Then again you never know.
Also, Empoleon is very good due to it's Steel typing. No Grass weakness and it easily counters it's main weaknesses.

Regality

Digital King
;212; I'd love a Skarmory evo too, but eviolite Skarmory would just be a nightmare. Plus it already seems like there would be no way to expand it's design. Then again you never know.
Also, Empoleon is very good due to it's Steel typing. No Grass weakness and it easily counters it's main weaknesses.

The one I had in mind is it developing into something like a jet/bird crossover..
And yeah, one of the reasons why it is one of my favourite starters!

BugPokemonMaster316

Nice man. Now new topic!
Does anyone think that Chespin or any other Gen 6 Pokémon revealed so far will be a Steel Type?
I personally think Chespin will become a steel type since his spikes point towards him having a hard, armor-like shell. Also, the red point on his tail could develop into a mace-like object similar to the outer casing of a chestnut. If this happens, I could see Chespin's Evo being a part steel type.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I prefer grass/steel to water/steel anyday. Yeah, sure water counters a ground weakness, but Ferrothorn does a better job of that, because he doesn't have to rely on water moves to get rid of pesks like storm drain gastrodon, in which case water moves would only help it

Colt45

Cobalt
I hope not, since I dislike Chesping. I also think not, I'm really thinking Chespin will be Grass/Dark.

Also, what in the flying **** is your signature, Regality?

Username: The DragonKnight
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Metagross ;376;
Why do you like Steel-Types: I don't know why I didn't join this club before now. I like Steel types because I like a lot of Steel Types' designs and competitive use.

oh yeah, Scizor.

Last edited:

Colt45

Cobalt
Username: The DragonKnight
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Metagross
Why do you like Steel-Types: I don't know why I didn't join this club before now. I like Steel types because I like a lot of Steel Types' designs and competitive use.

GTFO no one likes you

Status
Not open for further replies.