• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Steel-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt45

Cobalt
You haven't been allowed in you can't talk in here yet! I'M TELLING ON YOU!

You haven't been allowed in you can't talk in here yet! I'M TELLING ON YOU!

original.jpg

Colt45

Cobalt
You ****ing ******* that's my meme!

OK I don't want to get banned for spamming, so yeah, STEEL TYPES!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
HTML Code:
Username:YourPermanentRecord631
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Ferrothorn
Why do you like Steel-Types:
Their defensive behemoths and often have ridiculous great bulk alongside.

Scissors

No

Wait

Seizure

I got this it's SHAVER YEAH SHAVER!!!!

...oooooohhhhh *facepalm* Scizor.

Regality

Digital King
I hope not, since I dislike Chespin. I also think not, I'm really thinking Chespin will be Grass/Dark.

Also, what in the flying **** is your signature, Regality?

It is from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood!
But most people call it finger nose.

BugPokemonMaster316

HTML Code:
Username:YourPermanentRecord631
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Ferrothorn
Why do you like Steel-Types:
Their defensive behemoths and often have ridiculous great bulk alongside.

Scissors

No

Wait

Seizure

I got this it's SHAVER YEAH SHAVER!!!!

...oooooohhhhh *facepalm* Scizor.

Accepted and welcome to the club!
@TheDragonKnight: You're also accepted, but will be receiving a strike for posting before you were accepted.

Regality

Digital King
Anyone reckon a bug/steel pinsir evo is coming? Would be quite fitting if they did it right..

Anyway, I am not a competitive battler, so are steel types used much in that respect?

Yveltal96

A little more human
Anyone reckon a bug/steel pinsir evo is coming? Would be quite fitting if they did it right..

Anyway, I am not a competitive battler, so are steel types used much in that respect?

Not sure what you mean by in that respect, but Steel type is used quite a bit for a number of reasons.
One, it is the only type that resists dragon. Two, it creates some of the best type combinations as it is the best defensive typing in the book.

BugPokemonMaster316

Yes, from what I've heard, Steel types are very good in competitive play.
Now, Onto a new topic!
What are some new type combinations for steel that you would like to see?
I would very much like to see a Ghost/Steel type. I would have no idea what it would look like but it would negate the weaknesses of fighting, ghost, and dark.
AS for an ability, levitate would be pretty sweet. Then it's only weakness would be fire, so I could definitely see a Pokémon like this high up in the tiers if it had good stats.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Two interesting combos would be Ghost/Steel, and Fairy/Steel, and I would love to see both. Also, another Steel/Grass or Steel/Flying would be great.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
HOW have I not noticed this before?!

Username: Elysian
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Steelix
Why do you like Steel-Types: Well, mostly because they are sturdy and defensive as f**k! And they do have some strong ones like Metagross, Bisharp and Scizor. They also resist almost anything

BugPokemonMaster316

HOW have I not noticed this before?!

Username: Elysian
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Steelix
Why do you like Steel-Types: Well, mostly because they are sturdy and defensive as f**k! And they do have some strong ones like Metagross, Bisharp and Scizor. They also resist almost anything
Accepted! Welcome to the club!
And yeah, Fairy/Steel would be interesting. I just have trouble imagining what a steel/fairy would look like, but GF will figure it out.
Another interesting type would be Steel/Poison. It would be super-effective against fairies(if the rumors are true) and would resist Dragon! It's main drawback would be X4 weakness to Ground, but that's what Levitate is for.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aah, excellent.
For the next generation, I'd love to see more Rock/Steel-Types, actually. They get way to little credit.
But Ghost/Steel also sound very interesting, indeed.

BugPokemonMaster316

There are several Rock/Steel-types, but their main drawback is that they are X4 weak to Fighting, and tend to be slow.
Ghost/Steel and a non-legendary Steel/Dragon are the ones I want the most for gen 6.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The Rock/Steel-Types are kiskarse in Trick Room-teams though. I had an Aggron and a Metagross among with a Trick Room Pokemon in Revolution once. They were practically invincible.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Username: Azimuth1011
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Metagross
Why do you like Steel-Types: I like them because they're durable and hard-hitting, and many of them are valuable at competitive battling.

Scissors.

Wait. Scizor.

Screw you, auto-correction.

Last edited:

BugPokemonMaster316

Username: Azimuth1011
Favorite Steel-Type Pokémon: Metagross
Why do you like Steel-Types: I like them because they're durable and hard-hitting, and many of them are valuable at competitive battling.

Scissors.

Wait. Scizor.

Screw you, auto-correction.

Accepted! Welcome to the club!
As for my favorite first form, that's a tough one. I'd have to say Aron is my favorite. It's cute and it has a neat design.

Status
Not open for further replies.