• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Steeling Peace of Mind! (578)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Riley & Lucario!

After his win at Canalave City, Ash & Co. are heading to the next town for a Pokémon Contest. On the way, they arrive on Iron Island. Meeting up with their old friend Jun, they discover that all the Steel Pokémon on the island are acting up, even Jun's Empoleon. Trying to discover what is wrong, they meet Riley and his Lucario who are there investigating the issue. Will they find out the cause?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dman_dustin

As I suspeced Ash takes a backseat in this episode. And nothing really happens, it's a dialouge heavy episode with some action.

I was disappointed that the "evil" Lucario turned out to be the cliffhanger of the episode (even if it was most likely to be expected).

Jun got some good moments with Team Rocket. Mars shows up, knocks the stuffing out of Jun and Team Rocket, proving that Jun and Team Rocket are weaklings. Okay granted, it wouldn't have worked if Jun and Team Rocket but oh well. Maybe Jun gets some revenge in the next episode.

My expectations got too high so it was rather disappointing. But it probably was an okay episode.

Also apparently just like Chimchar's blaze, Ash's aura is only plot important, rather than believable. Unless you tell me that one Riolu had more Aura than Riley's Lucario.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
umm serebii? I went to the episode guide and it says the page doesn't exsist
does it exsist or what? How can we discuss about a non exsistent page? :/

;249-d;

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Seems a good episode, and there's nothing wrong with aura in my opinion.

uber gon

Accept Change
What are Heracross's attacks?

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Also apparently just like Chimchar's blaze, Ash's aura is only plot important, rather than believable. Unless you tell me that one Riolu had more Aura than Riley's Lucario.

Ash and Riolu's Aura's had similar frequencies.

Satoshifangirl

Just watched this episode and it was a really nice epi even though i didn't understood much of it. Jun was awesome as always xD

Btw did they even mention anything about Ash's Aura? My japanese ain't that good xD

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
For some reason, I got a kick out of the still frame involving a random Aggron hurling a random Onix into a cliffside. Then again with Ash fearlessly walking up to a mentally unstable Steelix and screaming like, "This is my show, asshole! Quit stealing my recognition!" And with the brief Forretress cameo, Sinnoh is now finally on-par with the amount of Forretress screentime that Hoenn had!

I have to say, while you don't see me saying what's "cool" very often, Jun and TR teaming up was actually pretty dang cool. They've pulled such a plot angle with the main gang several times before, so it's nice to see it with a secondary character. And for some reason when they fell down that hole, I was instantly reminded of a similar scene from Brawl's crappy story mode and half-expected a dino-transformer-thing to pop out.

Well-done cliffhanger, as not only does it yield Lucario becoming a mindslave to the toy companies, but it begs a lot of questions about what the hell just happened at Spear Pillar hundreds of miles away and what the deal is with that underground chamber. The Galactic arc needs to move quickly at this point, so hopefully we can get some satisfactory build-up.

All-in-all, a pretty decent set-up for next week's episode, which will undoubtedly yield the big action. And by that, of course, I mean answering or denying childhood fantasies of evolutions and eggs.

Chelc

superpika: Please don't ask those types of questions... discussion of illegal downloads is not allowed here.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001: It'll exist soon. Check back sometime soon, maybe even tomorrow.

anyways lol this was...definitely not what I expected. too much dialogue for my tastes. I thought Riley was going to be...more epic or something. I guess it would really help if I knew what was said, rofl (then all that dialogue wouldn't make me go wtf because I'd know what was going on), oh well. I loved the end the most - cliffhanger! OH AND MARS. She and Riley (even though he wasn't what I expected) MADE this episode for me. ;D I'm actually starting to like Jun a little bit, too - I thought it was really cool when he and Team Rocket teamed up. hmm, maybe my opinion of him will change later, then.

I am excited for next episode. I wish this could've been a two-parter, lol.

PokeFan1998

Next ep will end the whole "Ash gets a lucario" thing. lol. Eitehr Riley gives Ash an egg or not. Its really ruffleing feathers now and if Ash does not get the egg it will be a yolk on us but if he does it will be EGG-cellent!

I'm watching this episode right now. Currently, Ash is being attacked by a crazed Lairon...
But man, it sure it good to see Jun again. I love that kid. I never realized how much older his Japanese voice makes him sound though...
Unfortunately, it's just been a lot of dialogue up until now... And I can't understand any of it.
But Riley, Jun, and Mars all in one episode is pretty epic imo.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Man, Seviper, Carnivine, and Yanmega all out to battle was a moment of ":0" for me, because they rock. They didn't get to battle, but seeing them getting ready to was great.

A nice episode, and I'm looking forward to next week. :)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Man, Seviper, Carnivine, and Yanmega all out to battle was a moment of ":0" for me, because they rock. They didn't get to battle, but seeing them getting ready to was great.

A nice episode, and I'm looking forward to next week. :)

It was nice that Carnivine didn't clamp onto James head for once.