• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Steering away from Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfurian

Considering the specials we've had since last year: Pokemon Origins, and the Mega Evolution Acts, with different and powerful protagonists, it feels like they are experimenting with taking the series away from Ash.

In my opinion it also feels like the specials feel not so much darker/adult, but just older than how it feels when watching the current show. Example would be this:

Ash: "I won't let you get away with hurting mah friends! We'll stop your evil plan because we are all about friendship and magic, and hurting other people's friends for personal gain. Basically I'm a hypocrite!"

While in the specials: "Oh no, I lost? Welp. Time to get stronger." Or "Oh, you guys are doing bad things? I'll stop you all on my own." or "Hey, you guys are doing bad stuff? Let's see where this goes so I can perhaps get stronger from it."

We play games about Monsters with elemental powers fighting each other. It really shouldn't be all about "hurrhurr friendship is magic"

phanpycross

God-king
"basically Im a hypocrite", WTF, Ash isnt trying to take over the world ROFL:

Red from origins and Alain are boring as ****, and I never understood what the issue with having a message other than "the world sucks".

I bet you are the kind of guy who thinks the anime should be super dark and depressing, and happiness should be completely banned smh.

I also really love the fact that Ash is this boring character, but Alain and Red are awesome for not having a single emotion other than angst and built up aggresion.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Banned

Red from origins and Alain are boring as ****, and I never understood what the issue with having a message other than "the world sucks".

I bet you are the kind of guy who thinks the anime should be super dark and depressing, and happiness should be completely banned smh.

I also really love the fact that Ash is this boring character, but Alain and Red are awesome for not having a single emotion other than angst and built up aggresion.
Nostalgia goggles ahoy!
Did you actually watch Origins or do you hate it for not being the Kanto you remember...?

Sulfurian

Not super dark and depressing. But come on, we play games where we can control Gods, Mega Evolve pokemon and dominate our foes, or take down evil corporations by ourselves. Yet in the current state of the show, we've seen Ash use a FROAKIE for several episodes. Yes, I get that's how Ash is sometimes. In my opinion the specials show how we are in the games. Full on battles between two trainers with pretty awesome backround music. That's what I'm getting at here. I don't need Pokemon to be #edgy and #dark because at certain points it can be. The situations of characters possibly being killed, or Charmander being bit by Squirtle in Origins. What I'm saying is the show would like some spice, and Ash hasn't ever provided the spice that I feel Origins and the Specials have done.

Also yes, Ash is a hypocrite because he stops "bad people" from capturing legendary/rare Pokemon because they are "hurting" them but what does Ash do with his Pokemon? Cover it up with friendship all you like but he does the same thing.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Nostalgia goggles ahoy!
Did you actually watch Origins or do you hate it for not being the Kanto you remember...?

Nostalgia goggles, ROFL, My first game was silver, and My favorite saga is AG.

Origins was little more than a four episode Charizard Fapfest with a little bit of plot inbetween, and Red being just as boring as a character can get.

I have not given a damn about kanto since I finally got the tyranitar I brought Leaf-green for in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.