• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Steven Universe Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousHeartless

I’m kind of surprised this wonderful show doesn’t already have a fanclub. Well then, welcome to the...

Steven Universe Fanclub!

This is a place to talk about the show Steven Universe. For those of you unfamiliar with Steven Universe but still clicked this for some reason, Steven Universe is a cartoon currently airing on Cartoon Network about a half-human, half-gem boy (the eponymous Steven Universe) whose life consists of adventures around his hometown, spending time with his father, and training his skills with three Gems-a species of sentient gemstones that take a humanoid appearance. I would call it a good cartoon, but that may be a bit narrow because it’s an all-around good show.

Rules

1. Of course, follow all forum rules and Club subforum rules.
2. Make sure to stay on topic. Talking about the Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa crossover is on-topic, talking about just Uncle Grandpa isn’t.
3. Try to keep anger or annoyance in check. If you dislike something that happened, feel free to say so, but don't have a temper tantrum.
4. I won't be removing members for inactivity, but do try to be active.
5. If you have a topic to discuss, feel free to bring it up. But like most clubs which allow this, don't flood the club with topics.
6. As the fandom is an important part of any show, feel free to link to fanfiction or fanart you've done for Steven Universe. But there are some rules for this:
6a. If there are any warning necessary for the art or fiction, make sure to put it in the same post as the link.
6b. No explicit works, not even with warnings.
6c. Make sure to stay active in the club in ways other than just posting links or discussing things others have linked too.
8. And of course the most important rule: Have fun and enjoy the club and show.

Joining the club
To join is simple. Just ask to join. You can even go ahead and start discussing things in your first post, just make sure to indicate that you aren't already a member and wish to join.

Members

[SPOIL]CuriousHeartless - Owner
Midnight Melody
Seles
VampirateMace
Peridomic[/SPOIL]

Topics
Favorite character.
Favorite episode.
Favorite side character.
Favorite monster.
Favorite ship (Other than Ruby/Sapphire).
Really anything related to the show, these are just some jumping off points.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I would love to join. Found this show last week and have been binge watching since. Weird I'm the first to join.

Lapis 4 Life!

CuriousHeartless

Welcome to the club. It is a bit slow, but hopefully it won't die. Feel free to invite friends. I might as well answer my own questions.

Favorite character.
Definitely Garnet. She was already awesome, but Jailbreak really pushed her over the edge.

Favorite episode.
Jailbreak. Probably one of my favorite episodes of any cartoon. Just an amazing episode.

Favorite side character.
Probably Greg Universe. Nice to see a supportive, bumbling dad that isn't always an idiot.

Favorite monster.
No sure actually. I'll go with Onion.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yeah Garnett is fun. She has so little lines but says so much. Either in those small lines or her body language.

Steven-We will help you Mayor Dewey.

Garnett-No we won't.

Or when Connie was looking for Steven and Pearl shooed her off and Garnett just waves to Connie before pulling Pearl away from the door. :)

Jailbreak was really good. Hope they save Lapis however.

Estellise

peachy
Oh, sign me up! Steven Universe is my favorite show right now, haha. ❤

Favorite character
Hmm... Lapis is probably my favorite, but Pearl is a close second. They're both so perfect. ;-;

Favorite episode
Rose's Scabbard! Such a great episode for Pearl and Rose's backstory. Jailbreak is just as great, too.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well count me in. (Rules 7d-f seem a little odd, but if you find them necessary, okay.)

Favorite character:
Garnet, she's powerful and mysterious, violent but kind. And as of late we all know why, she's actually a couple. My second fave couple of course, is Lars and Sadie. Pearl is a close second for favorite character.

Favorite episode:
The Return/Jailbreak was epic, questions answered (even unasked ones), and new questions delivered. I also really like Steven and the Stevens (of course, I usually love the time-travel episodes of anything), Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem (best gag in the show), Space Race (Pearl's passion), The Test (Steven matures the most in this one I think), and Political Power (mostly because Dewey has a crush on Pearl). - My least favorites are House Guest (plot was shallow and cliché) and Keep Beach City Weird (just kind of disappointed that Ronaldo had to be a psycho for the plot to work).

Favorite side character:
Hmm... I'll have to get back to you on that.

Favorite monster:
Centipeetle for sure. Here's my fanart of 'her': http://fav.me/d7yujs9

CuriousHeartless

Both of you accepted! Welcome aboard!

VampirateMace: Yeah, when making the rules I tried to find a balance between letting people share their works and keeping clutter down. But those rules probably aren't necessary. As such, those ones have been excised. All other rules still stand, though.

VampirateMace's post reminded me of another topic:

What is your favorite ship (Other than Ruby/Sapphire, everyone likes that ship)?

I'm not a huge shipper, so I don't really have a second choice. I guess Lars/Sadie just because they are the most prominent beta couple.

Estellise

peachy
I like so many ships, it's actually kinda hard to pick just one. There's my personal OTPs , Pearl/Amethyst and Lapis/Jasper, then my OT3s, Pearl/Garnet/Amethyst and Lapis/Jasper/Peridot, my one-sided OTP, Pearl/Rose... Lars/Ronaldo, Greg/Rose, Ruby/Sapphire (of course), and Steven/Connie are also great too! But if I had to pick one it would probably be... Pearl and Rose, just because their relationship hits me right in the heart.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Definitely Lars and Sadie, as I said. A lot of fans seem critical of what Rose saw in Greg, but it seems like they were a good couple. I liked Dewey's having a crush on Pearl, but I don't really think I'd want to see them together.

I don't usually go for non-canon ships. Often I find them creepy; like from my point of view, Pearl treats Amethyst like a little sister, so when I find ship pics of them, it's kind of bothers me (this is not a judgment on anyone who enjoys it, just how I feel).

CuriousHeartless

After a bit of thinking about it, I decided to get rid of the rule about spoilers. I figured it doesn't add anything. And if you are really that worried about being spoiled, you should probably avoid any topics about the show.

I don't usually go for non-canon ships. Often I find them creepy; like from my point of view, Pearl treats Amethyst like a little sister, so when I find ship pics of them, it's kind of bothers me (this is not a judgment on anyone who enjoys it, just how I feel).

That's exactly what I think. I'm not a big fan of any of the ships involving the Crystal Gems other than Ruby/Sapphire and Rose/Greg (And I guess Steven/Connie, but until they get older it's more friendship than relationship).

So, the SU/UG crossover was...incredibly different from expected. It felt like it was made for the Tumblr crowd instead of the usual target audience. I rather liked it. I especially liked the references in the list at the end. Not often you get to see The Life and Times of Juniper Lee referenced (Actually, I can't think of any times it's been referenced). And I think Swat Kats is referenced even less (Unless you count every nostalgic internet reviewer ever, they seem to love the show).

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well, some people do record episodes and watch them later, but they could avoid the thread until then.

So then, spoilers ahead:
The SU/UG crossover probably could have been worse, but it's something I'll never bother re-watching. I was happy UG announced at the beginning that it was not canon, which means we can ignore it in it's entirety if we so wish, and it was okay if anything really stupid happened (like how UG is in two places at once for almost the entire episode).

But showing up dressed as Rose, that's mean, in reality wouldn't Steven cry? I suppose the best bit was Pearl hiding behind Garnet and screaming, "that's not my baby!" followed by Amethyst eating Steve (she totally looks better in his sunglasses then he does).

I wasn't paying very close attention, so I pretty much missed any references. Except for some of the names on the list at the end.

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
I've been waiting for this club a long time, I want to join!

Favorite character.
Amethyst, is it weird that I like how unstable she is? I love how happy she is all the time even though she has such a bad past. Or Lapis (probably lapis) cause even though they trapped her she gave up her freedom to help the gems.

Favorite episode.
Lion 3: Straight to Video. I love how much care Rose has in her recording during that episode even thought there are some theory's going around about where she cae from in the home world.

Favorite side character.
Connie. Idk she's just really adorable and I can relate to her a lot. Plus even though she does have powers she still tries to help Steven.

Favorite monster.
Either the Centipeedle or Rose's plants at her sanctuary. I just feel bad for them because the Centipeedle is trapped in that form and the plants lost their reason for sentience and lash out.

Favorite ship (Other than Ruby/Sapphire).
Stevonnie. I love their connection and their interactions.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

But showing up dressed as Rose, that's mean, in reality wouldn't Steven cry?

That is the only part that really bothered me. Not only does it seem disrespectful, but it wasn't even funny.

I've been waiting for this club a long time, I want to join!

Welcome aboard.

Well, I liked today's new episode. We already had the general details, so it was nice for them to put an extra twist on it. And, while it isn't spelled-out, it seems that we met Sour Cream's dad and his and Onion's mom. It's also nice to see Rose Quartz as an actual character, as well as her interactions with the other Crystal Gems.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I really liked yesterdays episode, Spoilers Ahead!

We got to see the long version of the meeting story, Rose as a character, and how the other Gems initially reacted to Greg. I can't be the only one who thought Amethyst circling Greg like a puppy was funny. And Pearl's 'I can sing' comment was priceless as well, it's such a funny and sad love-triangle moment. The fact that all the gems had all changed since then, suggests everyone has had at least 1 injury bad enough to kill a human (well, Garnet could have just un-fused), with Amethyst presumably having had a lot more.

We've seen Onion's dad before, I don't think that it's the same guy. Is it confirmed he and Sour Cream are related (did I miss that somewhere, I know they're dad's are both fishermen, but there's got to be more then 1 fisherman in Beach City)? The themed nicknames would make sense though.

Who do you think added the 'please' to the 'keep off the beach' sign, Rose or Pearl?

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
Who do you think added the 'please' to the 'keep off the beach' sign, Rose or Pearl?

It matches her handwriting on the video she left for Steven so I'm pretty sure it's Rose's.

Do you think that that woman was Sour Cream and Onion's mother, making Marty Sour Creams boi father?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Hmm, I should take a look at that. Of course, that could just be whoever designed the BG for that scene also drew the label on the tape. ;_;

Well, I looked at the Wiki, Onion's dad is Sour Cream's stepfather, so he could still be Sour Cream's bio-dad. And her their mother, which since Marty was looking for a one-night stand, make sense logically.

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
For something made by Rebecca Suagr nothings just a coincidence, I think they did that on purpose. I mean on the fence There were two different writing styles, why differentiate?

Status
Not open for further replies.