1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Universe: It's over isn't it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr. Reloaded, Jul 13, 2015.

?

Best gem?

This poll will close on Mar 31, 2020 at 7:30 PM.
  1. Steven

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Pearl

21 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Garnet

26 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. Amethyst

24 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Lapis

30 vote(s)
    35.7%
  6. Peridot

39 vote(s)
    46.4%
  7. Ruby/Sapphire

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Jasper

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. Rose

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. Other

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

Did she really confirm that? I'm pretty sure Emerald was just there as a way to show how Lars changed and to transition into the Jungle Moon episode, there wasn't really an arc about her.

Anyways, I can't wait for Wormy Boy

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Yes Sugar has said that. It’s on the Steven Universe Wiki. I even have the link to the source.

https://hornet.com/stories/steven-universe-jinkx-monsoon/

Rebecca Sugar even stated that SU has no filler episodes or characters or even one off characters. Emerald and that mysterious woman Pearl met are literally the only two characters that have yet to make one more appearance.

3. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Among all of the unresolved plot points I still want to know if Onion and his dad are aliens or not

4. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

I still wonder why Gem Harvest was 22 minutes long

Ignition likes this.
  5. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I think that Yellowtail is full alien and Onion is a half alien just like Steven is. Being part alien is how I explain Onion’s kleptomania as he is collecting things for his alien overlord whenever it comes down to Earth. Onion and Yellowtail speak some weird alien language that the Gems do not understand or recognize and this seems to be true as Amethyst has no idea what they are saying despite being around on Earth for thousands of years and potentially spending plenty of time around Yellowtail when he first met Vidalia. Even Pearl and Garnet don’t seem to recognize that language despite being around even longer than Amethyst and being three of the smartest Gems.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  6. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

Maybe they're sneeple!

7. Red and Blue

If you are trying to avoid spoilers before 7 pm watch out for social media

apparently the corrupted gem shown in the opening wasn't a worm which made me lol

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

I don't know if this similar to puberty issues...or steroids.

9. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

I know the cliche of “love prevails all” is tired out but that was a good way to bring him back. Shame Jasper wasn’t a part of that

10. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

It was very sentimental, but i am kind of sad that the other Beach City citizens barely got any attention... Also, i wish the Crystal Gems had a bit more of a struggle containing Steven.

Overall, i thought it was better than the Star vs the Forces of evil finale, but worse than Gravity Falls' finale.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  11. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

That was a nice finale (to me). Ironic how Steven is leaving his home when he was feeling crappy any time everyone else did the same.

Dear goodness, though. Pink was far stronger than what her appearance suggested, or hybrids simply are much stronger.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  12. Red and Blue

So Steven left Beach City? Didn't see that coming. Greg finally living with them was a nice touch.

Also when you see Onion waving goodbye was he wearing a backpack?

13. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

That finale hit too close to home for me but it was great. I know this epilogue was centered around Steven about I feel like Jasper got the short end of the stick. Probably my only problem with it though.

Was a good run SU/SUF. Probably my favorite cartoon in awhile

14. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

Hello. It's me. Your favorite neighborhood EMOTIONAL WRECK.

Years of emotional troubles have left a hardened shell around my black heart, so it's incredibly hard to get me to cry at emotional scenes, no matter how much I like a piece of fiction?

This show proceeded to shatter that shell. On multiple occasions.

I cried. Three times. Twice in I Am My Monster.

Jasper isn't exactly part of Steven's immediately family.

Also, knowing her, she'd think a hug is what you do before you suplex someone.

15. Red and Blue

There is still a few unanswered questions such as Rose's chest(and to a lesser extent if Onion and his dad are aliens or not).

Guess Rebecca just wanted to leave that for our imaginations

16. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

True but she was in Homeworld Bound and I’d assume she’d be concerned with “ her Diamond’s” physical state. Though he did tell her to find something better to do but she didn’t stop calling him that even after he told her to stop

17. Red and Blue

Probably my favorite part of the finale was Steven getting a therapist at the end. Hopefully that helps out with any lingering issues

PrinceOfFacade and mehmeh1 like this.
  18. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

I had a few issues (I am My Monster should've been 22 minutes long like what happened with KO's Let's Fight To The End, there should've been some sort of song, and Monster Steven's color felt a bit too bright, I preferred him with the shading from the opening), but overall it was an amazing finale and it was a worthy epilogue for Steven Universe (I actually preferred it to CYM), I mean, if all porkchops were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs!
    Not any backpack, it was CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK (I think that was the first episode I watched, either that or Frybo)

Mr.Munchlax likes this.
  19. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Okay, I am soooooooo dissatisfied with the ending for one particular reason:

We didn't get to see his MOM!!!!!! :(

I was so hoping Rose would return and heal Steven to keep him from dying, making him fully human. That would've been the perfect send-off for him to live a normal life. There's no more threat, so no more reason for him to keep his gem. He can go off and be his own person, and have his mother back. Why couldn't we have Rose????

I'm so sad.

20. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Connie is such an MVP not just in this special, but the entire series. Her devotion to Steven is simply amazing. So amazing that I wish I could understand it more myself. I get that Steven was her very first friend and she wanted to have a more interesting life, but there have been a lot of risks that would involve having a relationship with a Gem as proven by what happened in the series, such as Greg and Rose’s. How would her parents really think about her and Steven being in a future relationship? Connie still held back by not telling her mom about Steven proposing to her. I wish the series brought up more of her parents’ reactions to things like how her eyes were healed and fusing as Stevonnie. I guess I’m thinking about all this because my own parents wouldn’t agree with this kind of relationship, and they are similar to Connie’s parents in some ways. But regardless, this is a cartoon after all, and I really like their chemistry. I’d like know more about how they are in the future, like their marriage and if they have kids (been curious to know how this would work).

I also wish I Am My Monster would have been a longer episode like Reunited. I found it kind of underwhelming since it would have been nice to have a song or see at least one more fusion. But I suppose there shouldn’t be anything like that in this episode and would probably detract from the focus and seriousness of Steven’s issues.

As quoted from Change Your Mind: “she’s gone.” Also I thought Change Your Mind was about Steven needing both the human and Gem sides of himself to survive.