1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr. Reloaded, Jul 13, 2015.

?

Best gem?

1. Steven

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Pearl

21 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Garnet

26 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. Amethyst

24 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Lapis

30 vote(s)
    35.7%
  6. Peridot

38 vote(s)
    45.2%
  7. Ruby/Sapphire

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Jasper

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. Rose

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  10. Other

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

Thank Christ Rose never made it long enough to be a mother...
    That probably sounded very bad lol.

I know the joke is she doesn't know any better but hot damn is that nearing child abuse.

But it's a heartwarming flashback with a nice narrative.

2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Another great flashback episode. Loved the lil butler call back.

I'm hoping there flashbacks lead to an episode centered on Steven's birth

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

That's going to be super brutal considering what we already know happened...

4. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

[SPOIL]Yeah, I immediately made that assumption when I found out that the gem that poofed Lapis was a Bismuth. It'll be interesting to see how the two interact depending on what Bismuth is like (I haven't spoiled that much, so don't tell me).[/SPOIL]

5. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Heh, we got two abuse centered episodes in a row. :p

6. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I think Jasper is sort of addicted to fusion, the way any addict would be addicted to a drug.

Sure, it's pretty dark for a kids show, but so is abusive relationships, dead parents, and abandonment issues. I do very much believe Jasper's behavior is representative of drug addiction, though in a simpler form (however, I predict much less subtle signs in the future).

7. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Dead parents and abandonment issues are nothing new in kid's shows, that basically 90% of Disney movies.

I like to think Rose would have caught Sour Cream if he fell. Sure she might not have made the best parent in the world considering she barely understands how much infants don't know, but I don't think she'd have let him get hurt.

I don't think we need much more detail on Steven's birth, unless we're going to hypothetical what happens if he dies. I can think of 5 possibilities off the top of my head.

8. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

They're not going to get into too much detail on Steven's birth because... yeah. We can already fill in the blanks anyway.

9. AuraChannelerChris

"Please stay off the internet."

How about stay off from CN from being casually informed about that spoiler? I think that was a little too much to know. Couldn't have used some hints at least?

10. FlorgesPower2

Compared to the other things that have leaked, that's nothing. Assuming we're talking about
    Bismuth
    here.

They could be casually promotion the big Rose Quartz spoiler..

11. clbgolden12

CN has released a new commercial featuring Bismuth, so I don't even think she counts as a spoiler anymore.

12. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

13. clbgolden12

14. FlorgesPower2

Burnett does say there will be a hiatus for the winter though. Though hopefully everyone probably already figured that.

I see. So she really is the minor spoiler among everything else that got leaked.

15. L. Lawliet

L. Lawliet Black Ice Trainer

The leaks for this weeks episodes are on 4chans /sug thread on /co. hell they are lore heavy

16. PrinceOfFacade

17. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

That Jasper bit was a nice surprise and interesting because I never thought we'd be seeing her so soon, she's probably going after corrupt gems to create some type of monster/ultimate weapon.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  18. AuraChannelerChris

...Calling it right now. She wants to fuse with all those gems she's collecting to become utterly drunk with power.

19. clbgolden12

Wow, when I first the human prints I joked with my sister and said "What if it's Jasper?" I didn't actually expect it was her... O_O

I wonder what she's doing with those gems, though? They may have been important gems before they got corrupted.

Or she's collecting gems to use for an attack on the gems.

Or she's collecting gems to fuse with.

Or she's just gonna smash them in a sorry attempt to recreate the Cluster. :p

20. PrinceOfFacade

Jasper must be super desperate.

Also, why is it so hard for to figure out that Rose is no longer there?