1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr. Reloaded, Jul 13, 2015.

?

Best gem?

1. Steven

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Pearl

19 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. Garnet

25 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Amethyst

23 vote(s)
    28.0%
  5. Lapis

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  6. Peridot

36 vote(s)
    43.9%
  7. Ruby/Sapphire

11 vote(s)
    13.4%
  8. Jasper

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  9. Rose

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  10. Other

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

I really want to see a JanexRonaldo episode where Steven and Peedee try to kinda make up for them pretty much ruining their relationship (plus maybe Connie)

A Peedee episode (hasn't happened since like Frybo), a Jane episode, and a Ronaldo episode where he won't be 100% insufferable!
    Plus Steven Connie moments, I actually really want this now.

2. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

Was I imagining things, or does it seem like the episode was also talking about a relationship ? The whole "catch him/her before the train/bus leaves" scenario as well as some of the more explicit lines made me think about popular romantic movies.

I loved the little mom Garnet, Sadie x Lars and Onion bits. It was a good episode overall, though obviously not one I would watch many times.

ALSO!!! I finally managed to snag an Amethyst Funko Pop figure... Never thought they would make it here!

3. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

This exists so they can have an easier time with re-run material. Cartoon Network doesn't like fully episodic shows.

Meh filler.

Just found out about Steven Jewniverse, some beautiful work that is. Hate to see fans are so sensitive over this show.

4. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Liked the new episode despite it being filler. Garnet was boss as usual. And it was interesting to get some insight into other characters. Still love Onion XD

5. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

I'll admit that do enjoy the surreal and humorous background of Onion, but I don't really know how to feel about him as a character.

Hopefully his recently revealed episode helps a bit.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  6. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

@Everlasting - The whole show seems to be about relationships. Though the catch him before the bus leaves kind of suggests a close relationship, doesn't it?

I like the episode, though the plot resolution seemed overly simplistic in light of the complexities of how they got there. I'm hoping to see Zoltron cosplays fairly soon.

Honestly, I'm not that into Onion. I know his mom encourages it (though I like Vidalia otherwise), but the baby talk and childish misbehavior really don't do anything to endear me to the character.

7. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

I really liked the latest episode. It was so different, and it was fascinating to watch a character so different from what we usually see in this show. No one is ever as sad as this guy.

8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

9. Everlasting

I meant more romantically, yeah. :p But I agree on the show's constant basis on relationship. Gaah, I love SU. <3
    The short summary for the episode seem to suggest more a Pearl and Amethyst episode, which I am totally down for too.

10. Red and Blue

OMG, Pearl might actually get a girlfriend. Really excited where they go with this :)

11. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Ahahahahahahaha

That was awesome!

Pearl the god damn rebel, she even made a friend after all that. That outro was perfect lol.

12. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

... I honestly didn't like this episode.

At all.

Aside from the title that didn't really make any sense, the sudden love between Pearl and that biker was so "smeh". The only reason Pearl liked her was because she resembled Rose. :/

I liked the outro, tho.

13. VampirateMace

And after all the pining episodes, Pearl's street cred finally starts to rise again. I love the expression she gets when she mentions having been a criminal for 6000 years. Mystery Girl seems kind of cool, I hope her and Pearl get at least one date in.

I might have to do a Mystery Girl cosplay, I've already got the pink wig from cosplaying Rose (though she's tanner and more pierced), so I'm probably half-way there.

14. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Yeah, Pearl's relationship with that girl is so forced, she's probably nothing like Rose in terms of personality.

15. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Time for Repressed Nerd to move on from Rose...to her reincarnation? Oh well, at least she's human.

This was gold. A good episode overall.

16. Everlasting

I liked the episode in general but there are a few things I ended up disliking...

The idea of Pearl dating this... human copy of Rose rubs me in the wrong way. She might be attracted to her because she's pretty, but the idea of Pearl going after a person simply because she looked like her past love interest is wrong, at least to me. They do make a pretty cute couple though. :3

This is also the second episode where driving laws are being broken and I don't know if it's because I am about to pass my own driving exam soon that I am constantly in this garbage universe, but I find it really odd of them to depict the main characters breaking the law (the Stevonnie episode went more under the table but this one really went far, with the police chasing them and them actually ESCAPING). Both episodes were also shown within a relatively short amount of time, which only adds this 'iffy' feeling to this mixture.

Overall GREAT episode and very gay! :D I like to see Pearl out of her comfort zone. I just hope she doesn't push it as much as she did today in the future...

17. Red and Blue

I like how this episode showed how much Pearl has changed. She never would have acted the way she did in season 1

She probably isnt, but Pearl might value her as a person over a Rose look a like the more she gets to know her.

18. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

19. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

I don't view their status as a "relationship", at least not now. Now if this transitions into some sort of date episode with no build-up whatsoever, then it's forced.

She needs to have regular human friends before they start experimenting with other things, especially if they're trying to get Rose involved with the story again.

20. VampirateMace

I don't agree that a date would be forced Mr. Reload, that's kind of the point of getting someone's number in this context. It'll be forced if she's a clone of Rose personality-wise, and/or the relationship is suddenly perfect and there's no compromises or bonding events needed for them to continue dating.