• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sticking with Who You Know (617)

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Damn...when Sushi speaks...hahaha

This was another one of those episodes that you really don't need to see (dubbed) to get an idea of what's going on. Unfortunately just seeing the pics was more than enough for me to dislike this episode. I would love to have some of whatever the creators of this episode are on/smoking/injecting/sniffing because I don't think I'd ever get off that high.

So I guess I was partially right. Did the scientist make this machine just to make his Magnemite and Quagsire get along better? That why it only seemed to affect Electric types and Water types?

The only good thing about the episode, or should I say cute, was the pic of Marill and Luxio.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I admit I did find Pikachu/Piplup hugging with hearts in their eyes to be amusing, but you can't write a 22 minute episode about that and fail on making it funny, which they did.

Eh, its not like Pokemon hasn't had tons of throw-away fillers before. Just another one to add to the pile.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Haha Sushi summed up all the things they could do to make it amusing.

I got to say, it would be pretty scary if you saw so many people(or pokemon) with heart eyes, hugging each other like zombies. I would be terrified.

One brave soul should watch the show from the beginning and make a post to list all the definitive, unquestionable pokemon fillers that are just a waste of time since the first episode to this day, that would be good!

Last edited:

ArcanineOod

Peace, perfect peace
^_^; Hi again, everyone. I do apologise for posting before when I hadn't seen the episode. I neglected to read the specific rules for episode discussions, and I'm sorry.
Moving right along, I have seen the episode now, and I rather enjoyed it. I'd certainly say that it's an episode worth watching at least once, if only for the lulz.
I probably wouldn't want to watch it again though, except maybe when it's dubbed. I reckon it may be even more amusing when I understand fully what the characters are saying, not to mention the fact that I really want to know what Brock's umbrella show meant XD

Would I be right in thinking that the guy created the machine so that Quagsire & Magnemite would get along, but because they were dual types it didn't affect them?

I really loved the ridiculously romantic music that played when Pochama and Pikachu were snuggling. That was really adorable, and I hope the dubbers keep it in! =3

Well, I found it amusing and fun, and I hope the next few episodes are awesome like everyone says they should be! ^_^

xX

Cobalt_Latios

This was another one of those episodes that you really don't need to see (dubbed) to get an idea of what's going on. Unfortunately just seeing the pics was more than enough for me to dislike this episode. I would love to have some of whatever the creators of this episode are on/smoking/injecting/sniffing because I don't think I'd ever get off that high.
I'm still seeing it anyways. Hell, I'm watching it right now in Japanese because I found a source. Eh, it's alright. I don't entirely get what's going on, but it seems to only enhance the... comedy? Even I'm pulling "wft" every now and again here.

So I guess I was partially right. Did the scientist make this machine just to make his Magnemite and Quagsire get along better? That why it only seemed to affect Electric types and Water types?
Heh, I didn't catch that. That explains quite a bit actually.

The only good thing about the episode, or should I say cute, was the pic of Marill and Luxio.
Pretty much.

<C_L>

STICKTOPIA

Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup
I was just waiting to see those 2 pop out their pokeballs but unfourtnately they didn't.....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup

I agree.

You know the more I watch this episode, the more I'm beginning to like it. It's funny in a pathetic kind of way. The romantic music is funny.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Look guys! A Generic Filler Town of Woe!
-I'm impressed that Croagunk let Brock hit on Nurse Joy for that long. Meanwhile, Ash ignores Brock's suffering and goes out to train.
-Piplup trips and falls on Pikachu, who apparently has a "send out a wave of electricity if something falls on you" reflex. Pipilup is understandably kinda pissed that Pikachu has no self-control.
-Suddenly, the universe decides to follow shipper logic and have Piplup fall in love with the one it's arguing with! (and Pikachu responds in kind) the joke here is that shippers are inheritantly illogical, therefore "shipper logic" is an oxymoron
-The humans seem mildly confused that Pikachu and Piplup are now madly in lust with each other.
-You can tell that this is a science laboratory because of the random Erlenmeyer flasks, beakers, pipettes, test tubes some sort of loopy thing that probably has one specific use, and a terribly labeled jar that conveys no information about the chemical other than "it's probably bad. See? SKULL AND CROSSBONES.", all of which are full of random colorful liquids. I HAVE TWO LAB CLASSES EVERY WEEK, SO THIS SIMPLIFICATION OF WHAT SCIENCE LOOKS LIKE MAKES ME ANGRY.
-Honestly people, where is your Personal Protective Equipment? Do I need to show you the cheesy video from the 70s I've had to watch in all three chemistry classes I've had since starting college?
-I like how one of the generic machines in the background appears to be taken straight from one of the generic machine sprites in the games.
-...what the hell is James wearing on his head, anyway?
-Quagsire VS Magnemite staredown? AWESOME!
-Meanwhile, Ash and Dawn continue to be strikingly unconcerned about Pikachu and Piplup's sudden love affair. I mean, only the absolute worst fanfiction would have love happen THAT QUICKLY, so surely they must suspect SOMETHING bad is happening?
-I love how the animation completely fails to convey that Ash and Dawn are struggling to pull Pikachu and Piplup appart, so they have to add a lot of zany "we're trying but failing!" noises.
-Please insert your own canned joke about how it's physically impossible for Piplup to be in a Pokeball here.
-Brock makes what I can only assume is a cheesy magnetism pun.
-Watching Ash and Dawn struggle to pull PikaPlup apart would be more entertaining if it looked like they were actually TRYING.
-Good lord kids, just pick PikaPlup up as a unit and carry it to the Pokemon Center or something.
-...oh hey! They decided to do that! Awesome, I can predict what will happen in a repetitive children's show!
-Meowth has evil plans for Pikaplup. I'm sure he knows all about Pokemon acting strangely towards other species, since his daydreams are filled with (EDITOR'S NOTE:Foul ideas removed to protect the innocent)
-Seriously, what the hell IS that on James' head? The worst bandana ever? A napkin? A bizarre hat? I MUST KNOW.
-They just HAD to throw an Octillery among the electric-water Pokemon relations, didn't they? Also:JOHTOJOHTOJOHTO(Kanto Starter)JOHTO(Shinou Pokemon that never got much of an episode)
-I think that thing on James' head is, in fact, the worst bandana ever.
-Clearly the animators spent too much time making TR have interesting expressions instead of having Dawn/Ash/Brock react interestingly to PikaPlup's love affair.
-As a Ground Type, Quagsire clearly had no reason to dodge Magnemite's Something-Or-Other-Electric-Attack other than pure spite for the people behind it.
-Is there some reason why Professor Science's Love Machine has to broadcast a signal all over the damn place instead of an area that just affects, you know, his Quagsire and Magnemite?
-Nurse Joy finally figures that it'd be a good idea to visit the reckless scientist whose lab is just uphill from the Pokemon center. I imagine that the other, more probable, suspects she had to eliminate first included the mailman, Officer Jenny, a blade of grass, and one of her Chansey assistants.
-Come to think of it, all the Pokemon affected by the signal are PURE water type and PURE electric type...that's totally the one factor throwing off Prof. Science's machine, isn't it?
-I like how Ash gets angry at Team Rocket when they, you know, haven't done anything wrong. (I suppose its technically "haven't done anything wrong yet", but going by this logic, Ash should have Pikachu blast off any person he comes across with red or purple hair.)
-TR steals the love machine, because...uh...actually, seeing as this is Not Japan, there are probably a lot of Not Japanese who would really like a machine that makes electric types and water types fall madly in love. Finally, TR can break out of the cycle of poverty!
-Oh god it's going to turn out that their trainer being in danger was all that was needed to bring Quagsire and Magnemite together, isn't it?
-I was right. Goddammit.
-Pikachu and Piplup are way too happy for still being on TR's balloon.
-Then again, TR didn't even try to stop Staraptor(it's been existing a lot lately. Place your bets on it making an appearance in the Sunyshore gym battle NOW!) from getting Pikachu and Piplup back.
-And now I'm sure that Professor Science learned an important lesson about something.

(plz rate & comment or else Ill stop riting nu chapters!)

Really, this episode seemed dangerously close to something a mediocre-bordering-on-bad fanfiction writer would churn out. The main difference being that the fanfic writer would have had Ash and Dawn kiss at the end.

If you liked this episode, please forgive me if my critique seems too harsh, but...
This has to have been the absolute most worthless episode in the history of the anime!!!
It was a filler, so nothing changed with any main character's list of accomplishments or pokemon. It didn't even feature any new pokemon (new to the anime, that is), not even a small view of one in the background. And, let's not forget, they showed virtually no battling whatsoever.
What was the point of that?!?
-5/5

Pokemaniac Joe

I don't understand.
Next time on Pokemon!

Brock rapes Dawn!
More standing around!
Random explosions!

Just my thoughts on the next episode x:

Pokemaniac Joe

I don't understand.
Wasn't speaking about that episode in particular. More-so of the next half-assed shipper episode the writers decide to pull out of nowhere.

I thought this episode was pretty boring on my first time watching it, but the more times I see it, the less boring it seems, kinda. Still, that doesn't hold the fact that this wasn't a good episode. Now THIS is a REAL filler. And a bad one at that. The only things I liked was the Luxio/Marill thing and a few parts of the Pika/Pip stuff.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wasn't speaking about that episode in particular. More-so of the next half-assed shipper episode the writers decide to pull out of nowhere.

Well I honestly think the next "fillers" won't be so bad.

These were bad just because the TG arc will begin soon.

STICKTOPIA

I was expecting a battle from this but nooooooooooooo just TR blasting off again. Very very old. The only thing I liked was another 1 of Ash's pokemon being shown.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Wouldn't a more logical translation for this title be, "Keep Pikachu and Piplup Apart!"?
I've also heard "Keep Away from Pikachu and Piplup", although that didn't make as much sense after watching the episode.

But yeah, "Pikachu & Piplup Kepe Away!" is about the least logical translation of the title possible.

Lol! Pikachu and Piplup getting some guy-love! This reminds be of the good old days when the writters would give us a funny-for-the-sake-of-funny episode once in a while.