• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sticking with Who You Know (617)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Keep Pikachu & Piplup Apart!

After leaving a Pokémon Centre, Pikachu & Piplup start to act strangely and begin showing uncontrollable affection for eachother, despite their same gender. After failing to seperate them, they return to the Pokémon Centre to find that it is happening to others. However, they soon find that Team Rocket is partially behind this situation. Will they be able to stop it from occuring?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOLed when cheesy classical romatic music came out whenever Pikachu and Pochama were hugging. XD

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
If the writers have no problem gaying up Pikachu and Piplup for an episode, the future of Appealshipping looks bright.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
May I remind people you CANNOT POST IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE!

In any case, Arcanine, it was confirmed long ago for both of their genders, and I've reported you, Wolvesarefunny for random spam.

The episode was...boring. I didn't enjoy it that much. Interesting choice of plot, I suppose, but I think it could have been more...exciting. I suppose it's because I'm waiting for the next few episodes, so this became slightly lacklustre for me.

Iota

The episode was...boring. I didn't enjoy it that much. Interesting choice of plot, I suppose, but I think it could have been more...exciting. I suppose it's because I'm waiting for the next few episodes, so this became slightly lacklustre for me.

Iota

You are not the only one who felt that way.
Episode was awfully "quiet" and nothing much was going on.

Almost half amount of the episode was spent on Pokemon Center...

Rampardo

Basically same piece of crap filler we got last week. 3/4 of the episode consisted of that shot Serebii used - Pikachu/Piplup +loving eyes. That got old after 30 seconds...

The 1/4 remaining was the usual TR stealing something, Pikachu/Piplup blasting them off.

DP148 and DP149 competes with that Chingling episode and "Cooking up a Sweet Story" of being the worst episode of the D/P saga. Just ridiculous.

Opal Pikachu13

Yep, this wasn't that much of a interesting episode at all. The whole majority of the episode being of Pikachu and Piplup's strange attraction over each other, hugging and hearts in eyes. It also happened to other Pokemon too, but it mostly consisted over Pikachu/Piplup and Ash and Hikari/Dawn trying to pull them away. Good thing the next episodes are going to be better than what this was.

BM14murph

Master Collector
This is episode was completely and utterly terrible if you ask me

I think they took it easy while making this episode to prep themselves up for the Galactic arc

They've already proved what gender piplup and pikachu were in the togepi episode so yes this is one of the very dp episodes that has nothing of the slightest relevance to it

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah they've been airing horrible episodes just to piss people off.

I found this one to be worse than last weeks episode for many reasons. The first being that Pikachu was infatuated with Piplup and vice versa.

Need I say more?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Apparently the idea was to make two terrible episodes right before the Galactic finale.

I guess its their way of making the Galactic finale seem better? lol.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Apparently the idea was to make two terrible episodes right before the Galactic finale.

I guess its their way of making the Galactic finale seem better? lol.

Yeah I doubt there's any other sane explanation to THIS. Lol. The love machine was just, um... a mistake. :<
I mean the episode was only saved from a rating of 1/10 when Ash used Staraptor and all. Also from the actions of Quagsire and Magnemite. Anyhow for me this episode was a mere 5/10.

STICKTOPIA

I hope you guys know that they weren't really in love but were just attracted to each other like magnets.

neo 4

the leader
if the machine attracts water and electrics pokemon, why dont ash`s buizel fell in love too?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Like many others have said already, this was fail.

It had the chance to be a hilarious episode, but somehow, the staff managed to botch this one so much that only the instant when Pikachu and Piplup threw themselves at each other for the first time was funny - and that instant lasted about ten seconds.

Firstly, Shimura's seriously starting to slack off again with most characters - especially the main trio - looking extremely sloppily-drawn.

What was far worse, though, was the terribly lame script.
The group's reaction to the sudden attraction between Pikachu and Piplup wasn't even remotely amusing. Potential exaggerated, anime-style expressions of gobsmacked-ness had to clear the way for the ever-so-redundant, standard reactions of surprise, slight shock and worry. Wow, hilarious. Pikachu and Piplup could've collapsed with a fever and it wouldn't have made a difference.

It didn't get any better when Professor Kodama turned out to be a boring-as-cardboard researcher with little spark. I don't care how many people are annoyed with the crazy professor stereotype - it would've certainly fit in better than another personification of "I-had-good-intentions-but-it-didn't-work-out-the-way-it-was-supposed-to" that would ultimately be met with understanding from everyone.

Also, everything reeked of wasted opportunities to spice up the craziness even more. Buizel somehow getting involved and throwing itself at Pikachu as well, creating an awkward triangle; war ensues. Buneary appearing and being mortified at the indecent display of a not-so-endearing Pikachu.

The entire story had too much analytics and too little WTF. If they want to do a fun plot of this caliber, they can't just rely on a single core idea carrying the entire episode by itself and continually getting laughs. It needs chaos and chain reactions of funny occurrences - it almost seemed to me as if they were afraid of not making sense in the end, but isn't that a pretty trivial thing to worry about in a crackpot story?

Anyway, as a result, everything and everyone in this episode was way too matter-of-fact and insistent on giving explanations. Who on earth cares about the why? This is crack. Crack doesn't need justifications. Crack should plow its way through the plot with its buddies, screwball comedy and meaningless hurly-burly, without giving a damn about boring things like reason.

Pokemaniac Joe

I don't understand.
I realize an above post says I shouldn't comment on this episode if I haven't already seen it. But I'd like to take this brief moment to say this:

what

the

f***ing

hell

is this.

Everything. And I mean everything wrong with the Pokemon anime and anime in general is encapsulated in this f**king s**tstorm.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
Boring episode was boring. The fact that I was able to see the first and last parts and not miss a single important thing is depressing.

While I do agree with an above poster that things would have been more interesting had Buizel been thrown into the mix, resulting in a love pyramid or something, I disagree that what the episode needed was a bunch of tomfoolery. I think it would've gone very well to look into the individual characters of some Pokemon (how would Buizel act when he's in love, even when that love is caused by an outside force?) You can be entertaining and make sense at the same time.