• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Still alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you scattered a bunch of sprites around the towns, but the revamps look exactly like the originals.

Adam_148

Spriter
I wrote a longish post before but it got deleted somehow so uh here we go.

Sorry been busy, lostwinds on the wii <3
Okay and about the kyogre I do agree with you Douger, the fat plump-ness is all part of te overworld style, just like the humans themselves arent all thin and long but also rather curved.
Pokemon overworlds for use? yeah sure why not, just dont use the original creation fanmons. I still have yet to put up a sheet with all the poses so Ill get to work on that and finish it off for you.
tiling tutorial? I'd love to but I have no idea how to pull off a useful tutorial, I kinda taught myself how to sprite so Im not familiar with a lot of spriting terminology.
Desert scene? Sounds challenging...I like it! Right now though I want to get all the underwater tilesets done, Im thinking of a swamp one and a deep dark sea abyss one with fossils.

Anyway heres the freshwater tileset sample. To be used for rivers and lakes and so forth.
River_underwater_sample_by_Kymotonian.png

about the tiling tutorial thing. Make it up as you go. That's how a lot of spriting terminology came about in the first place. Anyway, awesome overworlds. You are legend. Your fanmons are cool as well.

Edit: Are bidoof normally found in the water?

AstralM

#allthetuna
Wowzers. That is cool. Bidoof could be found in shallow rivers I s'pose.

I <3 your underwater tilesets. They are amazing! Hoping to see more new and exotic tile sets (Desert sounds fun. Jungle/Forest?)

I also just noticed none of your sprites face up. Just an odd thing I notice,but it's not a problem.

G'luck home dawg in making more maps, or when your mapping groove runs out, trainer sprites.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Hey Kyledove...you should really revamp the Sinnoh Underground tiles :D

§Darklight§

Nice sprites, Kyledove, I just created an account on serebii to ask you something, you know the building sprites you made, I was wondering if you could make a gym sprite, because I am using those sprites for a project I am working on and I'm using the gym from r/s/e and it doesn't match at all, I need one to match all your other sprites. Thanks.

~Darklight

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
i like how the buildings are made from wood, but i think the trees are a bit overused, try to add in different styles of trees on the different towns or it become s abit repeatitive [sp?]

kyledove

Rainbow Trainer
Sorry for not being very active lately, here's a big update
Game_Biomes_by_Kymotonian.png

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
Awesome Area Change Preview! Can you maybe make Tilesets of it please? I will give you credit in my Rpg maker xp game.

PurpleMew

no promises
Sorry for not being very active lately, here's a big update
Game_Biomes_by_Kymotonian.png

OMG its awsome, i love the route and the wheather changes, they are really awsome and i's love to see more of you pokemon overworld in them because it just ties the whole scene together.
The beach is just awsome and so are the others; fantastic work.

10/10 Hands Down

4pikachu4

These tiles are genious!!!!

Once again, I am envious of your awesome tiling abilities.
(Don't pay attention to the ignorant, tiles are sprites, and yours are the best at that).

Keep up the awesome work, and don't stay too inactive this time, kay?

Gridiron

To me it's like Digimon World meets Pokemon... which is great in my opinion. It makes it seem more realistic.

gjdickie1992

By the way kyledove you don't have a pc in your pokemon centre.

But I love your maps though, could I use your basic structures and redesign them for my region project?

absol attacker

go, my army!
i absolutely love your work, you're a fantastic artist. the dulled colors, in my opinion, makes everything look more realistic. you've truly left me speechless.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I wrote a longish post before but it got deleted somehow so uh here we go.

Sorry been busy, lostwinds on the wii <3
Okay and about the kyogre I do agree with you Douger, the fat plump-ness is all part of te overworld style, just like the humans themselves arent all thin and long but also rather curved.
Pokemon overworlds for use? yeah sure why not, just dont use the original creation fanmons. I still have yet to put up a sheet with all the poses so Ill get to work on that and finish it off for you.
tiling tutorial? I'd love to but I have no idea how to pull off a useful tutorial, I kinda taught myself how to sprite so Im not familiar with a lot of spriting terminology.
Desert scene? Sounds challenging...I like it! Right now though I want to get all the underwater tilesets done, Im thinking of a swamp one and a deep dark sea abyss one with fossils.

Anyway heres the freshwater tileset sample. To be used for rivers and lakes and so forth.
River_underwater_sample_by_Kymotonian.png
Your aquarium and underwater ideas are fabulous!

Metamence

Wow!Those overworld sprites look fantastic!you left me speechless and those towns/routes/ETC are awsome!My favorite OW sprite IMO is torterra and venusaur!I can see how much effort you put into those.

Metamence

Wow!Those overworld sprites look fantastic!you left me speechless and those towns/routes/ETC are awsome!My favorite OW sprite IMO is torterra and venusaur!I can see how much effort you put into those.

Status
Not open for further replies.