• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Still no season 3 or 4 box sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyb4325

So I emailed VIZ a couple weeks ago about a johto journies box set and if they were going to release one. I got a email back a couple days later and was told simply there were no plans right now. So yesterday i emailed again asking why these two seasons were never released as a box set. I said it was frustrating that the dvds they did release are to expensive to buy now. And the johto seasons are the only ones that are the hardest to get nowadays. I then asked if there was anyway to get it into motion to get these two seasons out to the public. I havent gotten a response yet though.

Tell me what you guys think. Would like to see johto journies and Johto league champions box sets? Im not the only one that wants to collect these two seasons am i?

About the Pokemon box sets, I was just wondering, which ones are already out on DVD. I know they released all of Season 1 and 2, Seasons 9-13 (except for the last few episodes of Sinnoh League Victors) have all been released. Is Master Quest on DVD? If so, then that means the only seasons that don't have complete box sets are Johto Journeys, Johto League Champions, Advanced, Advanced Challenge, Advanced Battle, Best Wishes and Best Wishes Rival Destines right? They'll probably release BW soon though.

Andyb4325

Master quest was made into a box set a long time ago they are expensive to buy now. Advanced was also made into box sets after the 8 vols were released. Advanced challenge and advanced battle didnt have box sets just vols. same with the two first johto seasons. Everything else is in a box set. Viz just needs to go back and release the older seasons into box sets

DMerle

Guess who's back
would be so good if they made Blu-rays for every season, you could probaly fit the whole thing on a Blu-ray disc seen as the dual-layer ones hold up to 50GB.

Andyb4325

I dont care how they release them i would just like to see them released. It seems viz is to worried about how they are going to re-release dragonball z or something instead of releasing something they havent yet. The only thing i get from them is an annoying little of not now from viz. thats why im hoping i get a better answer this time. Since i asked why they didnt release them and is a way to get it to be

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I actually officially own every single episode, barring that Girafarig episode and The Fortune Hunters, as they were never released on DVD. Other than that, every episode from Johto is officially available. It's a pain to collect them all, but it's do-able. Box sets would be way better.

CliveKoopa

I've never seen any box-sets for any season here in any shop although I have seen a few movies and chronicles DVDs. But it doesn;t matter anyway as I already have them all downloaded.

gamer_legend

I've never seen any box-sets for any season here in any shop although I have seen a few movies and chronicles DVDs. But it doesn;t matter anyway as I already have them all downloaded.

I know how you feel buddy. I mean over here in the UK I'm pretty sure the whole Box Set's thing never actually made it here unless it's been imported from the US.

Thingamajig

They do. There's a 6-disc set for each season (the production seasons, in the order they're listed on Pokemon.com... not by the openings), and an 18 disc set with every Johto episode on it (this one goes by the openings). It'd be cheaper to buy those season sets and a Region 4 DVD player than trying to find all the discontinued Johto volumes.

CliveKoopa

I know how you feel buddy. I mean over here in the UK I'm pretty sure the whole Box Set's thing never actually made it here unless it's been imported from the US.

Yeah, it sucks that they never get released here. Thank god for the internet, lol.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Vernikova

Champion
would be so good if they made Blu-rays for every season, you could probaly fit the whole thing on a Blu-ray disc seen as the dual-layer ones hold up to 50GB.

lol no one buys Pokemon DVDs man. Why would they release anything in Blu-Ray? Actually, why would anyone want to see Pokemon's animation in Blu-Ray?

Tell me what you guys think. Would like to see johto journies and Johto league champions box sets? Im not the only one that wants to collect these two seasons am i?

Just import it man. They had their chance to release them with HeartGold and SoulSilver and they didn't so it's pretty much not going to happen for a truly long time at this point.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
lol no one buys Pokemon DVDs man. Why would they release anything in Blu-Ray? Actually, why would anyone want to see Pokemon's animation in Blu-Ray?

Just import it man. They had their chance to release them with HeartGold and SoulSilver and they didn't so it's pretty much not going to happen for a truly long time at this point.

I wouldn't say that, the pokemon dvd's in australia are always on the best selling section and it's in every store that sells dvd's "that i know off" it's even in the grocery stores" :)

Andyb4325

Really im to the point where im debating on buying a box set from malysia on ebay. Im just iffy on how it will play. Im gonna wait to see what the reply will be from viz

Status
Not open for further replies.