• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Still no season 3 or 4 box sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeignDude

lol no one buys Pokemon DVDs man. Why would they release anything in Blu-Ray? Actually, why would anyone want to see Pokemon's animation in Blu-Ray?

Dogasu once mentioned in his site something and I couldn't agree more. Viz kept/keeps releasing more of the "Best of" and "Elements" DVDs. The fact that they keep pouring it out means SOMEONE out there keeps buying these discs...

But yeah, I too am on a quest to complete the seasons on DVD. Johto League Champions I don't mind because it doesn't contain that many volumes. I got a sweet deal on the set too so that's perfect. I'm just missing Johto Journeys and four random volumes from the D/P series. I've e-mailed Viz over the years but I too get that boring "No plans" response. I've been planning on getting the Australian box set but I want to see some pictures of it unboxed because I would like to see if it is possible to modify it a bit.

And by Malaysia, do you mean those super cheap $20 DVD sets? I too considered those once but as far as I know, they have permanent captions which can't be turned off. That'll probably be very annoying. Such a shame because I love the illustration of the box.

gamer_legend

Dogasu once mentioned in his site something and I couldn't agree more. Viz kept/keeps releasing more of the "Best of" and "Elements" DVDs. The fact that they keep pouring it out means SOMEONE out there keeps buying these discs...

But yeah, I too am on a quest to complete the seasons on DVD. Johto League Champions I don't mind because it doesn't contain that many volumes. I got a sweet deal on the set too so that's perfect. I'm just missing Johto Journeys and four random volumes from the D/P series. I've e-mailed Viz over the years but I too get that boring "No plans" response. I've been planning on getting the Australian box set but I want to see some pictures of it unboxed because I would like to see if it is possible to modify it a bit.

And by Malaysia, do you mean those super cheap $20 DVD sets? I too considered those once but as far as I know, they have permanent captions which can't be turned off. That'll probably be very annoying. Such a shame because I love the illustration of the box.

That's a good point I keep forgetting that some DVD's don't work in PAL format which I think is the Australian one. Mind you that said I think theres a special region X DVD's that allow you to play DVD's from any format. The reason I want DVD's is because I always know it's in my possession you know? The same reason I play DS games instead of roms.

Andyb4325

And by Malaysia, do you mean those super cheap $20 DVD sets? I too considered those once but as far as I know, they have permanent captions which can't be turned off. That'll probably be very annoying. Such a shame because I love the illustration of the box.[/QUOTE]

Well i bought the johto journeys and johto league champions box set. I made up my mind. Even though its gonna have subtitles im fine with it. Their cheap so if viz does deside to release here ill just buy them and shelf the ones from malaysia. I just got from master quest- to the first box set of the last dp season. I want to do a marathon without a gap

Vernikova

Champion

It's bought enough to keep them from continuing to sell DVDs but is it enough to warrant anything else like Blu-Ray releases or a complete re-release of an old saga? Doesn't look like it because it would've been done otherwise.

ForeignDude

Well i bought the johto journeys and johto league champions box set. I made up my mind. Even though its gonna have subtitles im fine with it. Their cheap so if viz does deside to release here ill just buy them and shelf the ones from malaysia. I just got from master quest- to the first box set of the last dp season. I want to do a marathon without a gap

Well, let us know how you find the quality of those DVDs as well when you receive them.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/members/22910/albums/4059/52368/

They're a fold-out cardboard package with two discs on each face. The three faces on the other side are one human character, one Pokemon, and an episode/disc listing.

Oh gosh that is a beautiful sight. I can't believe you've found it with such ease. Looks like I wasn't looking hard enough all this time. But darn...looks like I won't be able to modify it they way I wanted.

ForeignDude

Well I was the one that took the photo and uploaded it, I didn't have to look very hard.

Ah well that makes sense! Very nice collection! It's simply amazing!

I've decided that I'll probably get that version of season 3. As for modifying the box....I've got something else cool planned. It'll probably take more space but I guess it beats having to collect the region 1 volume versions. How much is one boxset worth? Cheapest I've found is $45 but with shipping it nears $60.

Thingamajig

Ah well that makes sense! Very nice collection! It's simply amazing!

I've decided that I'll probably get that version of season 3. As for modifying the box....I've got something else cool planned. It'll probably take more space but I guess it beats having to collect the region 1 volume versions. How much is one boxset worth? Cheapest I've found is $45 but with shipping it nears $60.

Wait. When JB Hi-Fi has a sale (and they'll probably have big one towards the end of June), they can get as low as $25 for the set. Keep an eye on the prices on that page, a drop will happen eventually.

ForeignDude

Wait. When JB Hi-Fi has a sale (and they'll probably have big one towards the end of June), they can get as low as $25 for the set. Keep an eye on the prices on that page, a drop will happen eventually.

Awesome thank you! I'll be sure to mark my calender!

I wonder what the deal was with the region 1 season 3 volumes anyways. Did they not produce enough copies? I never saw any in retail stores except for their VHS counterparts.

Andyb4325

I still havent received an email back from viz I hate it when they dont answer. I dont even remember seeing dvds on season 3 in stores. I have 2 vhs vols but thats it

Andyb4325

Probably! Lol. If they finish things they release like these box sets or pokemon adventure rse. We all wouldnt be talking about it. But they dont care what people want

ricedonut

pringle user
Yeah, it sucks that they never get released here. Thank god for the internet, lol.

I live in the UK and I also share your pain. Do you think they'll ever release any box sets over here?

I watch them on the internet too. I know it's technically illegal, but they don't put the older episodes on TV so it's the only way I can watch them. also I watch the new episodes on the internet. If ShoPro are going to take them down, they should at least start releasing them in the UK so there is a legal way to watch them

CliveKoopa

I live in the UK and I also share your pain. Do you think they'll ever release any box sets over here?

I watch them on the internet too. I know it's technically illegal, but they don't put the older episodes on TV so it's the only way I can watch them. also I watch the new episodes on the internet. If ShoPro are going to take them down, they should at least start releasing them in the UK so there is a legal way to watch them

Unfortunately I don't think they'll ever release box sets here. It would be nice if they did but I don't think it'll happen. I don't care if its illegal. I know I should't say things like that but its true. Even if they did release box sets here, I'd never be able to afford it. Box sets of other series are hard enough to find anyway.

ricedonut

pringle user
Unfortunately I don't think they'll ever release box sets here. It would be nice if they did but I don't think it'll happen. I don't care if its illegal. I know I should't say things like that but its true. Even if they did release box sets here, I'd never be able to afford it. Box sets of other series are hard enough to find anyway.

I like to buy DVDs to get a clearer picture and sound quality and so I don't have to worry about the episodes being taken down. I know they have box sets from australlia but to watch them I'd have to spend £100+ on a multi region DVD player, and I can't afford that.

If their reason for not releasing DVDs is because the episodes aren't getting enough viewers on TV, that would be because they put it on at stupid times like 11:40pm or 2:30am.

But right now I have a pretty reliable website for watching Pokemon. The website has the first 11 seasons of pokemon all on a very reliable and fast-loading video, and the uploader is also currently releasing season 12.

Andyb4325

Well i got my boxsets from malaysia. They work! (kinda worried about that lol) the subtitles arent that bad. Im just happy i own two that are hard to get

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I live in the UK and just import them from US & Australia.
I know I could just watch them online but I prefer to watch them on a TV.

ForeignDude

Well i got my boxsets from malaysia. They work! (kinda worried about that lol) the subtitles arent that bad. Im just happy i own two that are hard to get

How's the quality on it? Same as the ones Viz puts out? As for the Johto League Championship one, that's the one where they messed up the cover with Pokemon Advanced characters right? I could never live with that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.