• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stinky Sequels

Have you ever read or watched a sequel to a book or movie, and just by the end of the movie you're just like, ugh? Post 'em here!

I recently watched The Fox and the Hound Two. In the first Fox and the Hound, by the end both animals had grown up. In the sequel, they were kids again. Miracles of science? Extraterrestrial animals? Just plain stupidity in the screen-writing? The world may never know.

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Yes, Men in Black II

Spookz

Lumos
Probably the only good sequel out there is Toy Story 2, other than that.. all the sequels I've seen have been pretty lame.

Atticus the Sniper

Any Disney straight-to-DVD sequel.
The Star Wars prequels (minus the parts in episode 3 where Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman aren't talking).

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Aliens was a good sequel to Alien, otherwise most the time the sequel is worse than the original.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Alien Ressurrection, AVP:R (while better than the first by a slight margin, it still sucked with its poor dialogue, plot and violence beyond what i consider the limit), Starship Troopers 2 Hero of the Federation, Predator 2 (very good, longer than Predator, but has poor dialogue, hardly any scenes with the Preadator, no feel of being hunted and uneeded latino rap at the beginning of the scene in the police station after the battle in the streets), from what i hear Spidey3 was not good, SpyKids 2 and 3 were terrible (first was good and original), Halo: The Flood, Babe Pig in the City, Stuart Little 2 and 3, Phantom Menace, romance scenes in Attack of the Clones

thats all i can think of without hurting myself. seriously.

Rave

Banned
Ocean's 12.

That movie is a terrible ripoff.

Rave

Banned

latios reborn

I didn't say that you said it was bad I was just simply saying that oceans 13 was better..

LuciRuki

Born This Way
All of the Saw movies after the original.

Hmm, personally I thought that each movie got better as the series progressed.

-LuciRuki-

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
They just got "more complex" as an attempt to be a good movie

"LOL THREE PLOT TWISTS IN ONE MOVIE OH GOD BETCHA DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING JUST WAIT UNTIL WE GET TO SAW 9001 WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE YOU THOUGHT WERE DEAD WEREN'T"

And on top of that, they thought that a "more complex" plot plus gore would make it a seller. Honestly, If I wanted to see that much blood, I'd watch an hour and a half of women changing tampons. :/

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I thought that the sequels didn't have much to add to the series, only more gore (which is fine for gore-fans, just unappealing for most other people)

Dattebayo

Banned
The Hesei sequels , known as the Vs. series, of Godzilla. The monsters don't punch and/or kick faster than the original series, and they depend on their beam attacks to take damage.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
None of the Ocean's films were as good as the original, though.

As for me, I thought that the two sequels of PotC were positively craptacular. There was no need and they were never planned.

I was all for doing a sequel, but it would've been much better not doing the whole Davy Jones thing -___-