• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stinky Sequels

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
POTC 2 was worse than number 1. I haven't seen number 3 yet, so I don't know about it yet. (Even if it is bad, I'll probably watch it to see how many more similarities there are to Monkey Island hehe.)

Regan

Banned
AvP:R.

It doesn't even deserve its full name.

Oh and Trolls 2

Medea

Excalibur
Oh where to begin? First, I'm going to say ALL Disney sequels. They weren't even worth it. None of them were. They should have just left things at "happily ever after." And next is timeless classic funny movies that have been horribly made into sequels. Movies like Caddyshack, Dr. Dolittle, and The Nutty Professor were just about the funniest movies ever. And then they ruin a good thing by making a God-damn sequel. Not that funny, and some don't even have the original cast. Lame.

Geist

Great Old One
Well, I'm going to make it a little easier for me, by listing all the good sequals I have seen (there are of course more, but I'm not counting ones I know are good but haven't seen, for example Godfather 2, or ones that were planned to be a trilogy, for example Star Wars or Lord of the Rings). So, here goes:
Terminator 2
Aliens 2/3

That's it.

Rave

Banned
I always believed that Terminator 2 was a good sequel.

Geist

Great Old One
That's what I said, I'm counting the good ones, because a list of the bad ones would be far too long, as those are the only good sequals I have seen in my life

Cobalt_Latios

Probably the only good sequel out there is Toy Story 2, other than that.. all the sequels I've seen have been pretty lame.
Toy Story 2 was very well done. I'm just disappointed that the other Pixar movies after that don't have those hilarious outtakes.

The laundry list of Disney sequels is worthy enough to be mentioned.
God... How I agree with you.

yes but Oceans 13 was alright
I must see this one! I've been waiting to see it for a while. I'll have to get on to it soon.

How about... Anacondas: Search for the Blood Orchid.
The "Jaws" sequels. The third one is funny, at one point you're watching a cardboard cut-out attempt to kill someone.

Any "made for tv movie" that gets a sequel. For the most part anyways.

And, even though the series wasn't too bad, Tremors 3: Back to Perfection. The first two were alright, it stayed with the basic formula. The only good thing about that movie, was some of the comedy elements, as well as the opening scene.

Tremors 4: The Legend Begins, was an improvement to the 3rd one; it went back to the basic formula.

~C_L~

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
Why the hate for disney? Then again the only good sequals from them were Lion King 2 and Bambi 2.
Protip: Kovu and Kiara are cousins. THINK ABOUT IT. =O

I kinda wish watership down had a sequal about the lives of the rabbits in the new warren....

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
How come nobody has mentioned the Triple X sequel? That was terrible though I suppose the first one wasn't amazing either.

Rave

Banned
How come nobody has mentioned the Triple X sequel? That was terrible though I suppose the first one wasn't amazing either.

Because people are trying hard to not remember it and forget it.

Tomato Jr.

Five Bad Sequels:
1. Matrix Reloaded, carried away on its own hype, thouroughly average.
2. Police Acadamy, just not funny
3. Shrek 3, Bad, bad film.
4. die hard with a vengence.
5. High School Musical. The worst of the worst.

I cried when I heard that they're bringing out a third one.
Seriously?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Rave

Banned
I didn't really like PotC 2 but liked 3.

I cried when I heard that they're bringing out a third one.

I heard there's also a 4th one also. Either that, it was just talk about the 3rd one.

uber gon

Accept Change
Why the hate for disney? Then again the only good sequals from them were Lion King 2 and Bambi 2.
Protip: Kovu and Kiara are cousins. THINK ABOUT IT. =O

I kinda wish watership down had a sequal about the lives of the rabbits in the new warren....

Technically Scar ADOPTED Kovu and made him his heir. So there is NO incest going on in the movie.

Back on topic, I kinda found Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui an improvement to the first movie, but Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows kinda went south on me with the whole betrayal clichés.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Spy Kids 3 was absolutely horrible. I'm not sure about the second one, but the third was horrendous. I mean, what was the point in 3D glasses? There's ONE 3D bit, and it's just a damn butterfly. It's like being promised as much chocolate as you want and only getting one bar of Galaxy.

I've heard that Dr Dolittle 3 was bad. I thought having the girl as the star would put a nice edge on it, but it was straight to DVD, and most of those are bad anyway.

This one may not count, but the film version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was the worst film in the series IMO. The first two were great, the third was OK, but the fourth was bad. It cut out many scenes, changed many parts and even cut some of the characters. Am I the only one who wanted to see Ludo Bagman as a character in the film?

There was one more...I'll edit this post later when I remember it.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
It's funny, you could take PotC 2 and 3, put them under a different name, and they would be a whole different movie. That's how apart they were from the first movie. I still liked them though, enjoyed the multiple plots going on at the same time.