• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stinky Sequels

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Shrek one was good, shrek two was great, and shrek three kinda paled. Really, it was too much like the first movie. I really think Shrek needed more character development instead of being similar enough in character to be able to do a repeat of the first movie. The worst thing is that the best part was when Harold died. Really, when a death scene is the funniest part of a movie, you know that's trouble.

Oh, and I'm still mad that they never made a blue flowers, red thorns reference by the second sequel. That was the funniest part of the first movie, and it needs to be brought up again.

Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3 weren't all that bad. I only didn't like it when they had the Elizabeth/Jack romance thing, but I'm glad it ended up going nowhere anyway. And how Jack got eaten, that made me mad.

X-men, now that had bad sequels. The first one was awesome, the second one was great until the end when Jean gets herself killed for no apparent reason, and the third one... well, everyone died in it... either that, or they stopped being X-men. Like, what's the point of making it look like Jean was dead, only to have her die again in the third movie? And it never explained why she turned herself into a psycho. There's absolutely no good reason for that. I also hated how Scott had so little screentime, and got disintigrated. He hardly got screentime in the second movie, why make it worse? And WTH about getting rid of Mystique? She was like my favourite character, and it made me mad that she got de-Xed. I also hate how Nightcrawler disappeared for no apparent reason.

Usually, the second sequel has to try pretty hard to be as good as the first. I think the main problem is that the first movie is good enough to just leave alone, but people want more. If the writers can't think of anything good, they end up ruining the whole thing. In the case of X-men, there's also the problem that when people end a trilogy, some people feel free to make it a bloodbath, because they won't worry about the importance of a character or anything, because they'll never use them again.

I'm just scared, because I've heard there's going to be a new Madagascar this year. The original Madagascar was one of my favourite movies, and I shudder to think what'll happen in the second one, especially since Shrek the Third proved that people from dreamworks sequels can die now. Sure, it seems unlikely in something like Madagascar, but you never know what they're planning (and if someone does because they got it off the internet or something, please don't say anything, I want it to be a surprise).

uber gon

Accept Change
I'd say TMNT 3 had to be a weird sequel. I mean TIME TRAVEL? WTF?

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Sequils are made because of the ending. You could tell by Madagascar and Lion King that they weren't going to stop there. The one thing I really hope they don't give a sequil to is OVER THE HEDGE sequil. Seriously. That movie's is great enough as it is. I don't wan't to see it turn into trash by a Sequil or Prequil.

uber gon

Accept Change

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I'm just scared, because I've heard there's going to be a new Madagascar this year. The original Madagascar was one of my favourite movies, and I shudder to think what'll happen in the second one, especially since Shrek the Third proved that people from dreamworks sequels can die now. Sure, it seems unlikely in something like Madagascar, but you never know what they're planning (and if someone does because they got it off the internet or something, please don't say anything, I want it to be a surprise).

They're going to make Madagascar a frachise like Shrek. So suspect Madagascar 3, 4 and 5

Krid

Spider-man 3, possibly one of the biggest letdowns in the history of movies. Seriously, how you screw up a trilogy after already making two great installments is beyond me.

Flamer

shrek 1 and 2. Whilst I don't really like shrek, (and I must admit i've never watched the 3rd one), it did seem like a clever idea when it first came out. But 3 of them, thats really milking it.

Predator 2.
A Better Tomorrow 2, for the simple fact it was made, and there didnt need to be a sequel, the way the first ended.

uber gon

Accept Change
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True.

Ugh. Disney can really screw up.

Well they screw up the classics, anyway. Besides, what about Cinderella 3? That sucked.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
The new Star Wars trilogy is the one that instantly springs to mind. Episode III was ok, but the first two were pathetic compared to the original 3. They had to be made really, but I honestly think they should have stuck with the technology they had for the early episodes. Even if the Empire had taken over, the technology wouldn't have dwindled that much.

JonesBlue

Nub Caek
As much as it pains me to say it, Kill Bill Vol.2 wasn't half the movie Kill Bill Vol.1 was. It wasn't terrible, but I'm posting it just because it was something of a let-down to me.

Clash

He's Back!
Ocean's 12 was awful. After all the hype it recieved you'd expect alot, but it was a downright failure. The one small car explosion in the movie trailer was the only explosion in the whole movie. Lucky the producers realised their mistake and picked up their game for Oceans 13, which was excellent.

Also the second Matrix movie was total boring. I was almost falling asleep in the cinema. The only good scene in it was when Smith clones himself into a massive fight with Neo. The rest is just talk talk blah blah dead.

crobatman

Ice Age 2. The first one was good enough, and now there is third one coming.

uber gon

Accept Change
Ocean's 12 was awful. After all the hype it recieved you'd expect alot, but it was a downright failure. The one small car explosion in the movie trailer was the only explosion in the whole movie. Lucky the producers realised their mistake and picked up their game for Oceans 13, which was excellent.

Also the second Matrix movie was total boring. I was almost falling asleep in the cinema. The only good scene in it was when Smith clones himself into a massive fight with Neo. The rest is just talk talk blah blah dead.

I think that's the third MAtrix movie, but yeah, it mostly sucked.

Well they screw up the classics, anyway. Besides, what about Cinderella 3? That sucked.

I didn't see Cinderella 3, but I can perdict how much it sucked.
I had a chance to see it premiere on the big screen, but I had a feeling I would regret it.
I gave the tix to my cousin who's 3 :p

latios reborn

Inspector Gadget 2....

And the first one wasn't flash to begin with

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
The Santa Clause 2. WTD is with the reindeer?

I haven't seen the 3rd one yet, so I got nothing to say about that.