• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stock Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
As I continued my Anime journey of watching the entire original series, I noticed an odd little thing in "The Kecleon Caper!" The gentlemen who had his first aid kit stolen by the Kecleon was actually the same man from nearly 200 episodes ago in "Hypno's Naptime!" He even had speaking lines and everything! Also, I noticed that one of the men at the airport (who again had speaking lines) was the announcer from "Princess vs. Princess" and the interviewer "The Art of Pokemon".

Now, I know the Anime uses a lot of stock characters, but these episodes really got me thinking about them.

Have you ever taken notice to this use of stock/recycled characters? What is your opinion on them? Personally, though they made be used out of laziness, I think it's really cool to see these characters used again. It kind of shows a progression outside of the main characters in the series, which is pretty cool.

Oh, and here's an entire page with detailed information on all of the stock characters (thanks to Dogasu!): Recycled Characters

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

It is lazy work from the writers, but at the same time it's pretty interesting to see a lookalike.

The best one probably has to go to Dawn and Elesa's Cheerleader double though in BW052.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
It is lazy work from the writers, but at the same time it's pretty interesting to see a lookalike.

The best one probably has to go to Dawn and Elesa's Cheerleader double though in BW052.

There's also Dawn and a cheerleader double in the Striaton gym.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Some of these may just be on a Pokemon Journey too and thus we happen to see them from time to time. Like the guy with long hair, hat, and hoodie.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
In the Dunsparce ep there is a Lan Hikari from Megaman EXE in the background. Not sure if the episode came out before the Battle Network games though...

Status
Not open for further replies.