• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

StockLax Doubles

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
This is for Double Battles on Battle Spot. I'm making because Snorlax is my favorite Pokemon and that I wanted to form a team around it in Gen VI. I've made the usual Curse set in the past, however without proper support it get's beaten by the popularity of Fighting-types. Near the end of Gen V's online competitions I've wanted to get into Double Battles more. I'm still currently breeding this team but I have tested it a little on Showdown with laughable results. Out of a good dozen or more battles of just purely using Snorlax to set up I only lost two battles. It was really ridiculous at how easy it was to set up and then just plow through my opponents team.

The Format:
-Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
-Item Clause: Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item.

143.png

Snorlax[Juggernaut] @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 236 Hp/ 252 Def/ 20 Sp.Def
Nature: Impish[+Def -Sp.Atk]
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam/Crunch

Not your typical set, Smogon doesn't approve of it in Singles calling it gimmicky and near impossible to pull off. Which I agree to a certain extent but it can still be done just very difficult to do. However this will be done in Doubles, it's incredibly easy to pull off when you have support. This will be a late game sweeper it'll hardly ever be seen as a lead, unless I'm certain I can pull it off without any trouble. I'll start off using Stockpile to get the defensive boost and usually continue on. After that I'll either Belly Drum if I'm certain Snorlax has enough health and can survive. If not I'll use Rest and quickly wake up with Chesto Berry and then Belly Drum to maximum Atk. From there it's just spam STAB Body Slam or Crunch there's not much else to it really. Crunch is an alternative to Body Slam because of Ghost-types being immune to Normal-type moves. After receiving x3 Stockpile+Belly Drum makes Snorlax piratically unstoppable the only to take it down is by Crits. It's ability Immunity is preferred because it stops poison stalling, but Thick Fat can be used as well because you can just Rest away poison and heal.

468.png

Togekiss[Hey listen!] @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 244 Hp/ 172 Def/ 116 Sp.Def
Nature: Bold[+Def -Atk]
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Protect/Roost

Togekiss becomes an annoying Fairy now because it's been re-typed in Gen 6 which explains it's nickname. Togekiss will be support by using Follow Me, paired with Snorlax it can tank any Fighting-type moves my opponent will try to dish out due to taking 1/4 the damage. Thunder Wave allows my Pokemon get the advantage in speed, Togekiss is nicknamed Paraflinch for a reason. After using Thunder Wave it's the perfect opportunity to use Air Slash and with it's ability Serence Grace it's more likely to flinch my opponent. Protect is common and is useful when predicting correctly or simply for scouting. Roost can be used to recover health but at the cost of losing it's Flying-type and immunity to Ground.

707.png

Klefki[Kea] @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Hp/ 68 Def/ 188 Sp.Def
Nature: Bold[+Def -Atk]
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

I've done the dual screens Klefki but even though it helped I felt it wasn't pulling it's weight. Klefki can be a very annoying Pokemon since it has Prankster ability. With Swagger+T-Wave+Sub makes Klefki laugh as it watches you slowly kill yourself. Swagger both increases your opponents Atk stat and confuses them, add Thunder-Wave on top of that makes it even harder for them to hit Klefki. Simply use Substitute and Klefki just sit back and spam Foul Play which does more damage because of Swagger. Leftovers recovers after using Substitute and the EV spread makes Klefki more bulky.

479-w.png

Rotom-W[Mr. Bubbles] @ Zap/Splash Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Modest[+Sp.Atk -Atk]
- Hydro Pump
- Discharge/Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W is my special sweeper, it's typing is great because of it's ability Levitate making it immune to ground. Hydro Pump is a great STAB move that'll deal great damage. Discharge is good in doubles to hit both opponents but good to use Protect or have Garchomp to avoid damage. Volt Switch can be used instead to allow Rotom to deal damage and switch out. Will-O-Wisp will burn my opponent while Pain Split can help recover hp. Zap or Splash plate is to power up either of it's two moves. Choice items aren't usual in this format due to the fact your at lv 50 compared to the stats at lv 100.

445-f.png

Garchomp[Mokarran] @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly[+Spd -Sp.Atk]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dual Chop
- Protect

Garchomp has Yache Berry to weaken it's x4 weakness to Ice. Rough Skin is definitely preferred considering Sand Veil is only useful in a Sandstorm. Garchomp is a Physical sweeper with Jolly to maximize it's speed. I could actually use Garchompite because of it's investment in speed. Earthquake is a good STAB move and commonly seen in Doubles, it's better used when it's partner is either Togekiss or Rotom-W to avoid any damage. Rock Slide although not as strong because of the spread nerf, it deals with Flying-types and can cause flinching. Dual Chop is a decent STAB move that attacks twice, great against Substitute users since it can damage the sub and still hit my opponent. Protect is used for survival against super-effective moves while it's partner takes out the threat.

003-m.png

Venusaur[Brute Seed] @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll(Thick-Fat)
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
Nature: Modest[+Sp.Atk -Atk]
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder/Poison Powder

Mega Venusaur is great at being bulky even without investment, fun fact I've never used Venusaur on a competitive team before. It's typing helps counter some of my teams weaknesses and is my other Special Sweeper. I'll most likely go Mega to receive it's defensive boost as well as it's new ability Thick fat to help against two weaknesses it has(Fire & Ice). In a way Venusaur can also be a staller by either using Sleep powder and slowly weaken down my opponents or with Poison powder and just keep healing. Synthesis helps recover health while STAB Giga Drain recovers health and deals damage. Sludge Bomb is it's other STAB move which is great against the new Fairy-types while also leaving a chance to poison my opponent.

Thank you for read, any advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited: