• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was an ok filler. Not much I had to say about this one except that Dawn seemed a lot like my sister in the way that she never wanted her pokemon to evolve.

It's great to see Kenny/Kengo and Barry/Jun again. :) It has been quite some time since we last seen them. Is it just me or is Kenny's voice raspier each time he debuts or am I just not remembering his voice that well? Aside from voices, the momentum in today's show was quite a happy one. I don't know why I smiled at the end when Dawn realized what Piplup really wanted and they would be the best partners ever.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Okay... Kenny's voice. Is it me, or did he sound like a slightly raspier Zoey today? His voice was horrible today, totally off and it made me wince when he spoke.

I loved Barry practically forcing everyone into practicing for the PingPong tournament. *sighs in despair over what will happen after said tournament.* Actually, Barry is pretty awesome all the time. Ash's hat falling perfectly onto his head after being knocked off by Barry's BODY SLAM was too funny.

However, the real reason I came here today was to say: This episodes music, in the dub, was awesome. I don't know if it's original music or not, but the cue from the scene where everyone else shows up to fight TR and their Prinpipoleon bot, as well as the cue from Dawns heart to heart with Piplup in the Whirlpool rain shower, were an awesome example of scoring. Both were tunes I hadn't heard before in the dub, which leads me to believe they may have been Japanese audio. Hooray! Good music finally shows up in the dub!

<.< What? I read Dogasu's comparisons a lot. >.>

~AussieWonder~

Okay... Kenny's voice. Is it me, or did he sound like a slightly raspier Zoey today? His voice was horrible today, totally off and it made me wince when he spoke.

I couldn't agree more. Rather horrible indeed.

Anyway....this was a pretty good ep, it was awesome seeing Barry again, lol he cracks me up every time. UGH I CANT STAND PIPLUP!!! We all knew how this episode was going to turn out, but I hate the fact that it will be Dawn & PIPLUP forever. Sigh. With the same old annoying attitude, same old repetitive moves, it really makes me hate the stupid baby penguin.

I couldn't agree more. Rather horrible indeed.

Anyway....this was a pretty good ep, it was awesome seeing Barry again, lol he cracks me up every time. UGH I CANT STAND PIPLUP!!! We all knew how this episode was going to turn out, but I hate the fact that it will be Dawn & PIPLUP forever. Sigh. With the same old annoying attitude, same old repetitive moves, it really makes me hate the stupid baby penguin.

Ah, so it wasn't just me that Kenny sounds weird. I wonder if the actress herself is nasally or something? Barry just shoving the boys in the halls sort of reminds me of something similar I did in the past.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Okay so I'm not crazy :D Kenny's Voice sounded weird this episode, for some reason It made think of Kid Trucks from DBZ for some weird reason anyways meh it made it hard to like the episode because of his voice

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Is anyone else noticing all the problems Dawn is facing that are similar to Ash's same issues? Charizard evolved too fast, didn't obey, was nursed to good health, started obeying, rinse and repeat with Mamoswine. Bulbasaur starts to evolve and doesn't want to, rinse and repeat with Piplup. Ash even commented about Dawn having the same rough spots re-training Prinplup as he did with Grotle. I'm sure there are other similarities.

I'm glad Barry was in the episode. I really like Barry. I was funny watching Barry and Kenny. Barry, "Empoleon, Hydro Cannon!".....Kenny, "Prinplup....Bubblebeam!" lol?

masterleo

Order Up!
This episode is further proof that their trying to make dawn a female contest clone of ash. Which I hate.

HoennMaster

I don't care what anyone says, I love Piplup and I'm no depressed about it not evolving yet. This episodes was better then I thought. I had to laugh at how Kenny slides and then hugs Prinplup. LOL.

When I saw the title of the episode, I was worried that this will destroy Piplup's chance to be in the next SSB game if it's in the same popularity as Pikachu and Jigglypuff.

WTF? anyone else confused.

This episode was an ok filler

Here we go again, this was not a filler episode.

-Still getting used to the new opening... I'd forgotten they'd changed it, and for the better. xD
-Oh, and a new Episode Title Screen, too. o.o I must admit, I like this one more. ^^
-Haha, it's Barry again. xD And he runs right into Ash. Didn't see that one coming.
-Barry and Kenny just met and they're best friends already...? o_O
-Well, Barry and Empoleon are enthusiastic about ping pong...
-I guess Piplup doesn't want to lose his cuteness appeal... That, and Piplup's sort of the "poster Pokémon" at the moment...
-Barry, the fining twerp... xD
-Dawn's getting a bit pushy about evolving... =/
-Ariados again. Deja vu, anyone?
-Ariados's voice isn't what I expected it to be.
-"Whoever's doing that, you're going to get fined!" "Do you have any idea how much I'm going to fine you for stealing my Empoleon?!" "Save it for someone else! You're Team Missile, right?"-Barry. LOL. xDDDD
-Team Rocket's Prinplup machine is so adorable.
-Seriously, Ash and co. have amazing strength and reflexes. They can all somehow climb moving machines.
-I would've thought Dawn had learnt that saying "Give Piplup back!" isn't going to work.
-Bahahaha. I feel sorry for Meowth.
-Love the music that startes when Piplup uses Whirlpool. <3
-"I don't like his shirt" -James. xD
-And Pikachu saves the day. Is that Shin Satoshi I hear in the background there? :D <3
-Even though I knew Piplup wasn't going to evolve, I'm still really glad Piplup didn't evolve. I really can't see Dawn in contests with a Prinplup, shouting "Spotlight!", or making cute appeals with Pachirisu.

Overall, I really liked this episode, even if it was a little predictable. :3

Brumrha

Banned
I've sadly missed the last half of this yesterday (blame my mom,) but I've watched the rest of it this morning, & that's what made this BP summary possible.

Oh, I also want to mention that this is the first time I've seen the new intro to the Galactic War-zone.

Okay, here we go!

- Piplup is underneath a waterfall, meditating between upgrading or not; she decided not to, & prevents it using Bide. Why isn't it upgrading? We'll find out after the intro.
- Sandalstraw Town... so that's what that town was previewed at the end of last episode!
- In any case, the whole gang is at the Pokemon Center, with Dawn "attempting" to get her team ready for the contest, when all of a sudden...
- OMG it's Barry!! He barges into the group, & as he crashes onto Ash, he demands a fine from him.
- What strikes me is the fact that Ash's hat found its place on top of his head on its own after being sent flying. I don't know how it can do that...
- After a bit of a "dispute," Kenny joins up.
- Why Dawn is angry at Kenny for calling her DeeDee, I haven't a clue...
- Barry claims that since Kenny is from Twinleaf like him, that they're best friends. What are you smoking, Barry?? You've just met him!
- Barry is going to enter the Ping-Pong competition, which allows for a Pokemon partner, & insists on having Ash join up.
- As they head out, Dawn's Piplup is acting strange, almost like it's drugged or something. Then, the upgrade glow emerges!
- Piplup uses Bide to stop the process, & we still don't know why...
- The said upgrade prevention process takes a huge toll on Piplup, & they head back into the Pokemon Center.
- Turns out, Piplup just needs rest, as that Bide took out most of its energy.
- In Piplup's room, it decides on whether it should upgrade or not, but when Dawn barges in, it decides it doesn't want to upgrade, & leaves via the window.
- In the meantime, Barry & his Empoleon are shoving the rest of the gang, barring Dawn of course, out of the Center so that they can train for the competition, when dawn interrupts them & tells them that Piplup is gone. Noes!! We must look for it!!
- As the gang split up & leave Dawn by her lonesome, she finds a glow out in the distance. It turns out to be her Piplup.
- She approaches it & try to calm Piplup down, but it goes against her! Drama!!
- After some more running, her Piplup get caught in an Ariados Web. Dawn tries to save it, but the Ariados have other plans...
- After dodging its attacks, she manages to free Piplup. The situation is grim, however, as several more Ariados get ready for the kill with what else but the SBC.
- Her Piplup steps in their line of fire & uses Bide to withstand the rapid-firing SBCs. How the SBC can become a pulse beam, I haven't a clue.
- The resulting counterattack from Piplup's Bide sends the Ariados flying out to god knows where.
- Come to think of it, that's what happened in the very first episode of the Sinnoh Series, so Piplup had Bide to begin with.
- We cut to Barry & Kenny, who are looking for her Piplup that she had already found, when all of a sudden, a pair of Mechanical Hands come out & swipe both Empoleon & Prinplup. The two of them start flipping out & run in the general direction that these hands came from.
- Back to Dawn, they begin reminising about how they first met, when her Piplup gets snatched from a mechanical arm that's not dissimilar to the ones that snatched both Barry's Empoleon & Kenny's Prinplup, & as in cue, Ash & Brock join them, & so do Kenny & Barry.
- Guess what? It's TR inside their PipPrinPoleon mecha, & they're reciting their motto. Where's Barry's Motto Breaker?!
- There it is. Barry interrupts them, & they try to stop them to no avail. Since Dawn is desperate to get back her Piplup, she grabs ahold onto their mecha & trys to figure out a way to free it. Nothing works, but she finds a hatch up top.
- Dawn enters their mecha & starts demanding her Piplup back, to no avail. In the meantime, her Piplup finds its own way out, & after rejoining Dawn & some more reminising, they escape together.
- They manage to destroy the PipPrinPoleon mecha, & so they fight. Since we all know how that's going to end...
- Fast forward to the Pokemon center, in which everybody is recovered from this ordeal.
- Nurse Joy gives Dawn an Everstone, so that Piplup won't have to use Bide to stop itself from upgrading. Good for her, but bad for us, as that means it'll continue to hog the limelight away from Pikachu...

Overall, I think the fact that her Piplup doesn't want to upgrade is nothing short of a disapointment for everyone, but since it's the Sinnoh Mascot, I pretty much saw it coming a mile away. However, once she leaves the main cast, what will happen to her once that happens will be left up to god, & possibly the writers at the FanFiction Department.

*continues to linger around*

Krissi69

The Force Is Strong
Good episode but wow can someone tell me how many episodes are in the sinnoh series? and how far the League is?

Torpoleon

I really liked this episode! Piprinoleon was cool as well! This episode focused on my favorite Sinnoh trio, the Piplup line! I liked hearing music from the Japanese preview. Barry and Kenny becoming friend's was cool. They do have similar named, live in Twinleaf Town and their starter is from the Piplup line.

Geodude

This episode was an ok filler.
Character development + an actual explanation as to why a main character Pokemon hasn't/won't evolve = obviously not filler.

Regardless of your (anyone's) opinion of whether or not Piplup should have evolved, I think everyone can agree that AN official explanation is better than NO explanation (as with Squirtle, Corphish, Cyndaquil, etc.).

Last edited:

Minun-Kun

Kaen Rakurai♪
I don't care that piplup didn't evolve, i mean it has been obvious DP021 "Ya See We Want An Evolution", the one with the B-Button League, that piplup wasn't going to evolve=

"I think it's kinda a neat idea!"

I mean is that a hint or what. Im sure she said something else too, but i cant find it in the dub...

It's obvious. I liked how Barry was brought into this ep. I mean, how yaoi in a kids cartoon can you get? I mean crashing into each other FACE ON!!!! U have no idea wot just crossed my mind there. *shot* Good episode all round.

Minun-Kun xxx =]

PamperedPersian1

Hm... hate it already... Screen-hogger copying Pryce now... now it's glowing... hu-rrah... Still can't get over the changed opening. Stop! In the name of love... sorry, had to get that out of my system...

Yay, now screen-hogger is trying to get more attention by dancing around and acting hung over. And cue hilarious Jun entrance; looks like you've got competition. Let's see who hogs more screentime this episode: Pocha - 2 Jun - 1.... maybe two for Jun, can't really tell, but he is blocking out Pocha, so that's good.

And cue bland rival #2 of Dawn's that we never see and has no background... hm, Sandalstraw? I think the dub is running out of names... I think I mentioned that before, but, oh well... If bland rival #2 says Dee-Dee in that annoying voice one more time, I'm going to shoot him... Thank you, Jun. You get another point for that Jun - 3 Pocha - 2. So, wait, they all lived in Twinleaf Town together, and yet, NOBODY KNEW EACH OTHER?! But I love Jun pretty much appointing bland rival #2 his BFF!

And cue another filler tournament... ping pong... hm... that's original, at least.... I think Jun deserves another point for that display 4-2.... Are you kidding me, screen-hogger?! 4-3... because it makes a big deal about glowing and faints because it used too much energy... maybe that's 2 points... 4-4... Jun: "Hey! Screen-hogger's stealing my thunder!" Anyway, at least the writers realize Pocha is weak because it has to actually use an attack to stop the evolution and faints from the attack, while Bulbasaur only had to resist the evolution and didn't faint.

*space out* Blah-blah-blah... godzilla and its atrocious speed is mentioned... Mamo mentioned... Brock is thinking... at least he's doing something... Oh, look, a shadowed Team Rocket, maybe they want to be featured on Who's That Pokemon?... Twerpette, contest twerp [don't you mean, bland twerp?] and fining twerp... at least they're original with the names... TR does the chicken dance.... why would they want to steal screen-hogger?... And speaking of the blue devil... 5-4 in favor of Pocha

You know, I just realized how drastically different Piplup and Prinplup look.. Dawn wants a Prinplup, screen-hogger wants to stay small and lovable... figures... Piplup: "Don't touch me! Get out of the shot! I need more screen-time to beat Jun in the contest!" ... I think screen-hogger just earned two points: 7-4. Piplup: "I'm running away because if I run I can still be small and sellable to kids!" 8-4...

And Jun makes a comeback by dragging everyone against their own will: 8-5. Now that screen-hogger's out of the way, Jun's beginning to catch up! ... And Brock, the Pokemon expert, finally speaks up and explains things like the human Pokedex he is... Prinplup and Empoleon are also drastically different...

Dawn: "Okay, I have to find Piplup... Ooo... shiny!" ... oh look... screen-hogger... and it falls into the water... 9-5... Dawn is really clueless... Brock just explained why it doesn't want to evolve and she's asking it why it doesn't want to... Dramatic exit... 10-5... How did it not see the web? ... Ariados: "Piplup has had enough screen-time! I want some!" Piplup: "Fat chance!" ... Ooo, Dawn's been watching the Matrix. Yay! Screen-hogger is being launched into space... and yet it still manages to hog the attention... 11-5... However, I loved its face when the Ariados used Hyper Beam... wait, how do wild Ariados know Hyper Beam?... And it hogs the attention by using Bide once more... 12-5... Piplup: "Take that! I'm the only screen-hogger around here!" ... Jun and bland rival #2 get their Pokemon stolen... Tender moment... The trio reunites...

Okay... that TR mecha is going to give me nightmares... I think I'll give Jun a pity point for his outburst 12-6... Jun interrupts the motto and insults TR, he gets two points 12-8.
Jessie: "We're helping Jun by taking the screen-hogger out of the picture!" And yet, I think it managed to still hog the screen while Jun was having his outburst... yup... 13-8.

Gee... if only I could get the Prinplup in my game to absorb electricity and send it back to the other team.... Pocha hogs the screen again.. 14-8.... 15-8.... Piplup: "I'm going to kill you for letting Jun catch up to me!" ... 16-8...

For those of you who don't know, impudent means "lacking modesty"... perfectly describes our resident screen-hogger, YAY FOR MEOWTH! .... Close-up for Pocha... 17-8...tender moment and TR doesn't do anything except translate... REALLY?! ... Flashy move.. 18-8... battle with TR... Jessie: "Let it evolve so it'll be too big to fit in front of the screen!" ... Piplup forgot Bide and learned... Thunderbolt! ... Oh... it's just Pikachu... And Jun and bland rival #2 team up to steal screen-hogger's spotlight in a last-ditched attempt to win... 18-9... And screen-hogger's display cuts Jun out of the shot... 19-9...

Wow... TR's Pokemon survived two Thunderbolts already... seems promising.... and then screen-hogger steals Pikachu's thunder... no pun intended... 20-9... Gasp! The lengendary diamond dust! ... Oh wait.. it's only water... tender moment.... for the third and hopefully final time... Jun: "How did that screen-hogger beat me?"... That TR mecha is even scarier-looking when destroyed... it's like Chuckie...

Nurse Joy: "Piplup, your prize for defeating Jun in a screen-hogger contest is... a new Everstone, complete with full 24-hour service for all your evolution-stopping needs!"

And in the final scene, we see Dawn with the rival that's finally helping her train with screen-hogger against Prinplup with Dawn's Pokemon looking on and Jun is playing ping-pong with Ash along with Empoleon and Pikachu, who's showing off and jumping up and down... DOES ANYONE SEE BROCK IN ALL OF THIS?! ... Oh wait, he's that little speck that's watching Ash's and Jun's game... Poor, unloved Brock... you should try the Screen-Hogger Contest to get more attention... however, you shall be demolished by the current winner... Piplup...

Well, that was a completely pointless filler... hopefully the Ping-Pong Competition will be much better.

Last edited: