• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I really wanted Piplup to evovle in this episode.Team Rockets mecha in this episode was weird looking.It looked like an ugly Prinplup.I think they did it to back piplup to not evovle.

9/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
GAHHH! I wished Piplup would have evolved, that would have been so cool. But I understand it's reasons for not evolving so I'm not mad at it. Good episode.

It was awesome to see all three Piplup evolutions on screen at the same time!

Also, the best quote ever:

Jessie: If we bring all three evolutions to the boss, he'll give us the shirt off his back!
James: But I don't like his shirt...

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I think Piplup did the right thing...

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was sad to find out that Piplup would not ever be evolving, especially since it is my favorite starter evolution family... In a way it made sense because it seemed the writers wanted 3 different trainers all to have 3 different forms of the Piplup family. It was cool to finally see what an Everstone looks like in the Anime for the 1st time. It was interesting to watch Piplup keep on struggling to prevent evolution, that looked very painful... It was cool to see all 3 Pokemon in the Piplup family together at once.

10/100

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Part of me wanted Piplup to evolve here, but alas. I was way more interested in seeing Barry again as well as him interacting with Kenny even if them being here felt forced; it seemed like a way for Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon to all appear together. Team Rocket's penguin mecha was hideous, but I liked that Meowth revealed why Piplup was against evolving.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was a great episode. The emotional scenes in this episode was really good and this episode really showed off Dawn's and Piplup's relationship in a very interesting and emotional way. It was great seeing Barry again, Kenny appearing was rather nice too and we got to see the complete line of Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon. 8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was cute how Kenny and Barry were best friends, plus I liked how Piplup was against evolving as well. Team Rocket's giant mecha looking like Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon combined was funny.

What I found unrealistic was how Piplup was suddenly against evolving and it felt like deja vu that we were repeating Bulbasaur's evolution issues.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
While I did like the idea of Piplup using Bide to prevent evolution, I felt that it did get redundant especially the last time. I mean, Piplup was able to recover quick enough to blast Team Rocket off, even though earlier it had collapsed after using Bide. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
My favorite part of the episode was the interaction with Dawn/Barry/Kenny. I found this to be an okay episode for what it was. Over the course of the anime, they haven't really done too many episodes where a Pokemon doesn't want to evolve, at least not compare to other episodes. However, this is probably my least favorite of the evolution-refusal episodes.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
What I found unrealistic was how Piplup was suddenly against evolving and it felt like deja vu that we were repeating Bulbasaur's evolution issues.

I know that Piplup's dilemma here was very reminiscent of Bulbasaur's, however Piplup's story was handled better I think cuz the Everstone gave him closure and any ways Piplup's reasons for disliking evolution were different. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I know that Piplup's dilemma here was very reminiscent of Bulbasaur's, however Piplup's story was handled better I think cuz the Everstone gave him closure and any ways Piplup's reasons for disliking evolution were different. ^^

Different, but worse IMO. Bulbasaur wanted to choose when to evolve, while Piplup was totally against the concept because of his own warped selfish viewpoint. Piplup should've evolved here: maybe as a Prinplup, he would've stopped stealing screen-time.

Kenny's voice was weird in this episode. Well, it sounded too similar to Zoey's voice. At least they gave us an explanation for why Piplup, at this point, will not evolve. They got that out of the way at least. It was a creative way to stop evolution using Bide which I haven't seen in a while. Good episode which isn't a filler.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pochama's unwillingness to evolve was a nice touch. While I wouldn't have minded much if he had evolved, I was happy to see that issue be tackled in a straightforward way. I liked seeing Kengo and Jun become involved as well.

Vulpicks

When I first watched this episode many years ago I was really disappointed, but now I couldn't care less that it didn't evolve, really. Pokemon evolution is extremely drastic and crazy and it makes sense that some Pokemon wouldn't want their bodies warped beyond recognition. It was a decent episode.

I just don't like how Dawn has a team full of moeblobs. Just Piplup is fine, but Piplup, Buneary and Pachirisu is just overdoing it. May had better variety.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was glad to see Pochama's stubbornness actually come in handy for once since him choosing not to evolve made him seem resilient, and Hikari respecting his choice made her seem extremely mature.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
It was disappointing to see Piplup refuse to evolve. I'd like to see him change his mind someday and Dawn to return with an Empoleon. I was sort of puzzled when Empoleon and Prinplup had to be tended to by Nurse Joy after TRio's defeat. The Ariados attacking Dawn and Piplup were nasty.
5/10