• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
And regarding how, exactly, the Everstone works, Nurse Joy basically says that Hikari just has to keep it around in order for it's effects to take place. So long as she has it, Pochama won't have to Bide away any evolution auras. So no throwing it at Pochama, or tucking it under it's cape or injecting Everstone chunks into it's veins.
Wait a second. Wouldn't that mean no Pokemon in range of the Everstone can evolve?

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
So, watching the sub.

Seems Kenny and Jun WEREN'T childhood friends. Kenny remarks that the two of them just met. :p

Now everything makes sense, thanks. Kenny could have been friend of Jun age-wise, but they didn't seem to be all like "Hi long time no see old pal".

Evolution! This Time for Piplup!?

Meeting up with their friends Kenny & Barry, Dawn gets into some training. However, in the process of it, Piplup starts to show signs of evolution. Unwilling to evolve due to what happened with Mamoswine, it tries to hold on. Team Rocket soon intervene and kidnap Piplup. Will Dawn manage to get Piplup back and will Piplup evolve?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
I must say I'm surprised that Piplup doesn't want to evolve.;483;

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
well, if piplup doesnt want to evolve now,
i doubt it EVER will.

unless it goes up against a caterpie and loses....
then it might feel pathetic enough to evolve ;p

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
God, this little Tux wannabe is yet another reason for me to not watch the anime.

well then, y'know, you could not watch the anime and save everyone alot of complaining =]

On topic: I don't mind that piplup isn't evolving. I do like piplup, no matter how much he's trying to be pikachu in every way possible. So y'know, I'm one of the few people who is happy about this.

EDIT: Y'know it's funny, You look back at the episode discussion of the first episode and everyone is talking about how much they love piplup to death and how cute it is and all that "OMG KAWAII" stuff. But now it seems like 95% of the fandom wants it's cute little penguin head on a platter.

Last edited:

Weezing

The Poison Trainer
As much as I want it too, I don't think Piplup will evolve. Despite the fact that Torchic did, Piplup won't
I just think that it won't go good together (Dawn and a prinplup) I mean. If Kenny's Prinplup ever evovles then there is a small chance that Dawn's Piplup will. But remember that Piplup has an everstone, or did I miss something. If Piplup ever did evolve I think it would happen with a battle against Kenny's Prinplup.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
i dunno, i think maybe it will evolve but not until the battle frontier arc or the (zomg!) walk through johto again arc, which could be the battle frontier arc for sinnoh ... and like haruka/may we wont see empleon until her finale.

~side note: i thinkc torchic evolved becuase i dont think the writters were sure how to write it doing things since it couldnt fly and had no hands. thusly combusken was easier tow rite for IMO. piplup has no limitations, and thus far has no reason to evolve as of yet. since sinnoh doesnt have many water territories, it doesnt have much need to. however i foresee maybe piplup evolving during a possible arc at the whirl islands for another whirl cup, since they redid the poke ringer thing.~

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ
So, watching the sub.

Seems Kenny and Jun WEREN'T childhood friends. Kenny remarks that the two of them just met. :p

You watched the sub version *ugh* I've been looking for a subbed episode of DP122 everywhere but can't find it :/ Where'd you find the subbed episode?????

Back to topic: I loved this episode sooo much!! So Pochama didn't wanna evolve because of what happened to Mamuu? Does this mean it wont evolve in the future? I hope so (and by the looks of things, it'll stay a Pochama! ya) I loved the whole episode, and the end where Hikari lifted Pochama up was SUPER kawaii :3 Gosh, I love those 2.

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

either let piplup evolve or let it stay in the damn pokeball! im tired of the thing being out all the time! i also hate it trying to be a showoff all the time! *sighs*

Shadow XD001

The only reason it didn't want to evolve because it thought it would be like Mamoswine......That's weird because Piplup has known dawn since the beginning and although it would change on the outside, it would still love dawn and respect her. Ah well. At least the Piplup cycle still stands with two people who dawn knew live in Twin Leaf Town. (Irony)

This does also back up the arguements about Piplup being a new mascot pokemon. I have noticed that Dawn almost never returns Piplup to its pokeball. She really only does so in contests so she can show off the effects of the seals. Normally Piplup just lays on top of her head.

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
I really hope it evolves because I hate it it is so annoying!

But it probaly won't.

Chimcharrulez97

It might if Kenny's Prinplup evolves, but I doubt it.

Tf5174

Yawn who cares about piplup...

Darkxninga

*sigh*

Yet another Pokémon that won't evolve. I'm getting really tired of this. One more reason to hate Piplup.

See this is why Piplups like a wanna be mascot. It gets its own episode for it, its own ending theme, wont evolve, and wont stay in its pokeball.Why oh why... Cant stand the penguin and hate it. A whole episode about it ........and then it doesnt evolve and beats TR easily like it got stronger somehow......arg. But I loved how they showed the trainers with the evolved forms and a piplup before everyone got mad that it wasnt going to evolve.
Main thing I hated is that Dawn picked it up with backround and all going "your my special pokemon you're my piplup!" .......agr.....

I liked how they showed Kenny FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLY and barry I seem to like more and more. I wanna see how they do in ping pong in the english version, I already watched a japanese dub. This might sound random but, I'd love to see empoleon with a ping pong pattle (thing you hold forgot the name) and wobble walking to hit the ball. That'd be cute for some reason.

Last edited: