• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 1) (720)

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
Darn! I haven't seen this one yet and by the sounds of it this was a pretty good one! I'm just waiting until it shows up online. I am however reviewing the photos from it on this site. :p Looks sweet.

Battra

Eh not a bad episode felt a little rushed at parts. I have a few minor nitpicks the whole emphasis on the "Revival Herb" just feels shoehorned in especially since it's such a hot commodity that everyone needs. Clay refusing to battle again just because he doesn't have any "Revival Herbs", that's just lazy writing to get our protagonists to the island, we've never seen gym leaders unable to accept challenges before cause they don't have a special item. Also Iris for a medium just because she's a girl & looks exactly like the in the old tale, we really couldn't insert another female character that happens to be descended from the original, if being a girl & having a Gothorita are the only requirements for summoning Landorus, then why didn't TR do that from the start?

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A gripping episode. An innocent trip to Milos Island has turned into a terrifying adventure for the gang as they are caught between the raging battle of Tornadus and Thundurus. I enjoyed the episode because it began as a regular episode with Ash turning up for his gym battle, and then the drama gradually built with tension and then the spectacular battle at the end just was the cherry on the cake. I can't wait for part two :D.

Eh not a bad episode felt a little rushed at parts. I have a few minor nitpicks the whole emphasis on the "Revival Herb" just feels shoehorned in especially since it's such a hot commodity that everyone needs. Clay refusing to battle again just because he doesn't have any "Revival Herbs", that's just lazy writing to get our protagonists to the island, we've never seen gym leaders unable to accept challenges before cause they don't have a special item. Also Iris for a medium just because she's a girl & looks exactly like the in the old tale, we really couldn't insert another female character that happens to be descended from the original, if being a girl & having a Gothorita are the only requirements for summoning Landorus, then why didn't TR do that from the start?

The vibe I got from Clay is that the whole of driftveil was low on revival herbs and he was on a mission to retrieve some more (it is now Ash's responsibility, but that is beside the point). So I think it was perfectly acceptable for Clay to put off the gym battle for his town. This is also supported by that some gym leaders are sometimes seen as Town leaders.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I liked this episode a lot better in the dub for some reason. I can't explain it. I'm satisfied with the battle between Tornadus and Thundurus so far.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I liked this episode a lot better in the dub for some reason. I can't explain it. I'm satisfied with the battle between Tornadus and Thundurus so far.

Surprisingly enough, I think I have to agree with you. Now that this arc no longer has any expectations attached to it, it's possible to enjoy the two episodes for what they are and not be disappointed.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode. It was pretty intense. At least Snivy, Pansage, and Excadrill did their best. I was going to watch the second part of it as well, but it didn't record...or thought it was still Part 1.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Been waiting to watch this Part 1 and 2 episode, unfortunately I only had today to catch up and see both have aired. Still, no commercials!

Part 1 made a great start to the plot, and both Tornadus and Thundurus were ferocious. The legend between the trio reminded me a lot about the trio of Hoenn (Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza) and that they had a 3rd guy come in and stop the conflict from the other two.

The gangs' Pokemon showed off a great effort to going against the legendaries; plus it was awesome to see them again from a long time ago.

It's also good to see Team Rocket is up to no good with this plot. Even though it's great having shorter but huge ploy roles, it's still sad not seeing them a lot more. They've grown close to me, but it does get repetitive back in the day, and it just takes away from the plot. Their format in BW is well exceptional.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Been waiting to watch this Part 1 and 2 episode, unfortunately I only had today to catch up and see both have aired. Still, no commercials!

Part 1 made a great start to the plot, and both Tornadus and Thundurus were ferocious. The legend between the trio reminded me a lot about the trio of Hoenn (Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza) and that they had a 3rd guy come in and stop the conflict from the other two.

The gangs' Pokemon showed off a great effort to going against the legendaries; plus it was awesome to see them again from a long time ago.

It's also good to see Team Rocket is up to no good with this plot. Even though it's great having shorter but huge ploy roles, it's still sad not seeing them a lot more. They've grown close to me, but it does get repetitive back in the day, and it just takes away from the plot. Their format in BW is well exceptional.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
When I first saw Luis I thought he was Trip! :S

gliscor&yanmega

I enjoyed the dub version. I was fine with the dub voices of Thundurus, Tornadus, Gothorita, and Lewis.

ForgottenPearl

This episode started out slow as the crew was looking for revival herbs. But as soon as Lewis got into the story of the legendary trio, things got pretty exciting. The action throughout the episode was very well done. Even if sending a tiny monkey after a legendary Pokémon seemed a little silly, I admired Cilan’s bravery in keeping Tornadus at bay. The scene when everyone teamed up against both Tornadus and Thundurus was also exciting. I found it interesting that Ash helped Snivy dodge with Vine Whip: neat to see ‘em working together so closely.

Watching the Pokémon on the island flee really added to the intensity. They did a great job ending this episode on a suspenseful note.

Oh, and I find it interesting that Gothorita was used as a mystic connection to legendary Pokémon. (I liked her voice as she prayed, too.) Wasn’t Gothitelle put in a somewhat similar role in the first BW movie? Finally, I liked how heartfelt Iris’s prayer sounded. Again, that added to the emotional intensity of the episode. (Also, Ash and Cilan seemed a little too happy when they first saw her in the shrine maiden outfit. ;))

With this anime, I usually prefer the cute episodes over the action-packed ones, but they did very well with this episode. I really got into it.

(Oh, and Iris jumped along like a squirrel to get places. Cute... but a little weird. :))

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I wasn't too impressed with the Unova legends' debut episodes, but I love any opportunity this region for Team Rocket to play a major role in an episode or more. :D I also liked seeing the accelgor guy again.

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I enjoyed this episode. It was nice seeing Charles appear again. I loved Team Rocket's plan and loved seeing Thundurus and Tornadus in action.

I would hate to see how screwed (well, at first) the Pokemon world would be if TR, and maybe along with the other regional teams, were causing this kind of cataclysmic destruction on an almost regular basis. It's scary to think about.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Clay telling Ash to bring him Revival Herbs otherwise he wouldn't battle him was kind of messed up. I liked Lewis however, plus Milos Island looked great. It was cool seeing Tornadus and Thundurus too. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
I felt bad when Satoshi was denied a Gym battle at the Hodomoe Gym, and even worse when he had to do an errand for Yacon. Yuto was a decent character who looked a lot like Shooti, but the arrival of Voltolos and Tornelos overshadowed him. I must say though, Satoshi's friends put up a good fight here.