• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 2) (721)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It did, it used dragon rage on the helicopter with all the combined attacks.

Really? Good. Keyhole was sort of lagging near that part, I thought it rather used Dragon Rage, or yelled out because he was cheering on the others.

Glad to know he helped out.

I mean they didn't even try to escape.

Yes they did, at least Thundurus, according to the pictures on Filb.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm.. pretty underwhelmed, really. This two-parter honestly didn't have all that much of a plot, and was little more than an excuse to watch these three Pokemon fight. The Rockets served no real purpose beyond kickstarting that fight (which they did in the episodes leading up to this two-parter, not in it). All the non-fighting scenes were mostly fluff to introduce and then end the fight, all of which had this rushed air of "you don't really care about this, so let's just get it over with and start the fight you came here to watch". Meh.

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the images, looks awesome to me.

There's a three-way Legendary Battle.

Team Rocket doing their thing.

Ash, Iris, and Cilan are doing stuff with their Pokemon.

I love how Team Rocket used colors for the cube things matching the Kami Trio's colors.

Geekachu

In all honesty, I thought this was just, for the most-part, a hot mess of explosions and general anime-bravado. Granted, it was nice to see the Kami Trio in the anime, however they served little more than just small promotion.

Sometimes, I wish that Team Rocket would actually succeed rather than succumbing to Pikachu's Electro Ball oh so easily. I feel this whole 'plot' (if you could call it that) would have worked better if, earlier in the series, we had seen Team Rocket already attempt to, or even, catch the trio- thus sparking the cataclysmic battle here.

Otherwise, this episode was quite non-canon and irrelevant to the grand scheme of things in the anime. I liked the trio's appearance, but I feel that it could have been worked on more, other than the usual run-of-the-mill battle spectaculars we receive time and time again with the anime. Not terrible, it just could have achieved so much more.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
You know, I always hated the design of those genies. Until now- they are seriously awesome once you see them in action.

Janovy

Banned
Otherwise, this episode was quite non-canon and irrelevant to the grand scheme of things in the anime. I liked the trio's appearance, but I feel that it could have been worked on more, other than the usual run-of-the-mill battle spectaculars we receive time and time again with the anime. Not terrible, it just could have achieved so much more.
This is pretty much how I felt about this episode as well.

While I loved how the battle wasn't as rushed and ruined like the previous Cresselia vs. Darkrai, seriously, nothing important happened here. They accomplished nothing leaving me disappointed. So much potential and yet so little has been done. :/

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Did people actually expect alot more of this? From the beginning, it was clearly a marketing ploy for Christmas season Kami Trio merchandise, nothing pivotal to the overall series was ever going to happen. For what it was, I thought it was pretty good.

Anyway, no package preview for episodes next year at the end? Boooooooo!

Janovy

Banned
Did people actually expect alot more of this? From the beginning, it was clearly a marketing ploy for Christmas season Kami Trio merchandise, nothing pivotal to the overall series was ever going to happen. For what it was, I thought it was pretty good.
It's just, the Team Rocket didn't even put up a fight with their Pokémon - they were just there. Also, no sufficient Seger screentime. -.-

Anyway, no package preview for episodes next year at the end? Boooooooo!
*boos with ya*

dman_dustin

Yes they did, at least Thundurus, according to the pictures on Filb.

Keyhole glitched at that part (I saw the scene with the group, and then it went straight to Team Rocket saying their motto), aside from fairly good quality for me, so I can see why I missed Thundurus trying to escape. But honestly, who stops after one attack?

Oh well.

Grei

not the color
Can I just say that this episode was drawn poorly? I don't know who the artist responsible for this episode was, but he did a terrible job.
(EDIT: filb.de makes it look a little better, at least.)

[IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP142.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP155.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP241.jpg[/IMG200]
What is this

[IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP280.jpg[/IMG200]
Especially this. Why is Thundurus' mouth a shallow black indent on its face? Mouths are OPENINGS, not miniature craters. asdfjkl;

Poor artistry totally ruins anime for me. That, and what everyone else was saying about this two-parter being essentially a big filler to advertise Legendaries. A total waste, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The Kamis reflorest the area and some revival herbs grow and then they burn it again?

Well from what i understood, it seems they created a cycle of sort.

First Tornadus created rain, then with the help of the sunlight Landorus revitalized the land so that some Revival Herbs grow, then Tornadus blows winds to most likely scatter the pollen of the herbs around (which resulted in the herbs drying up), then Thundurus burned the dried up herbs (along with the grass and the land) with lightning so that it creates a sort of Slash-and-char effect, thus increasing the fertility of the land. After that Tornadus and Landorus repeated there 2 steps to regrow the herbs.

Regarding today's episode, the only problem that i have is that Landorus was getting effected by Thundurus electric attacks.

The writers could at least remember that Landorus is part ground type like they remembered that Thundurus was part electric type and thus made it possible for it to take a direct hit from Pikachu's electric attack in the previous episode without any damage (whereas they made Tornadus dodge Pikachu's electric attacks).

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
So I don't actually need to watch these episodes? I never really bothered because I'm not a fan of legendary episodes, but it's a shame to see a good plot being ruined by QUALITY animation.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Tornadus, Thunderus and Landorus looks retarded.
I've seen the episode pictures, and i am not very impressed.

I don't really like legendary episodes either.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The Genies are ugly anyway. They don't transition well. I think the male character was worse.

I think this episode was better than Part One, but still mediocre. I wish Team Rocket's plan got a little farther than f*cking up a keyboard and dropping the cargo.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was nice to see Ash use Dangoro for helping to free the 3 Kami Trio. Landlos is one strong Pokemon. The way the Trio was able to fix the land with rain, fire, etc was great to see. TR really didn't have much of a role in this episode, other than catching the trio and completely failing at it. The boxes they put around the trio though looked really cool. Landlos' entrance looked dramatic and great.

60/100

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by anything in this series.

Sure, TR weren't going to actually win. But what this episode did was conclusively show us once and for all that the 'upgrades' they received for Unova were nothing but trolling. Just like always, they learned nothing from their last defeat, therefore falling victim to the exact same thing again. We were fools to think anything had actually changed with them... all that stuff from the beginning of this season, the black uniforms, spy missions, working directly for Giovanni to fight Team Plasma - all of it was probably a deliberate attempt to fool everyone. It worked, too.

Even ignoring that, though, this episode was pretty bad. Aside from Team Rocket, whose one role in anything could easily have been filled by something else, Yuto pretty much had no reason to exist either. There was just about nothing he did that couldn't have been done better using Clay (one of his Pokémon is sick, so he goes with them to Milos Island to get the Revival Herb) and the part putting Iris in the prophecy could have been handled by the old woman instead. I know I sure would have rather seen Clay's Krokorok and Palpitoad fighting alongside the group instead of there being a character who does little more than stand there.

I get the feeling the actual fight had to be severely watered down from how it actually ended up causing relatively little damage aside from the forest fire and damage to the landscape. The potential of having two angry storm gods fighting each other and then a third one with winds and lightning screams for destruction, but all they really did was shoot energy attacks at each other and punch each other. For what seemed like such a threatening situation, not much really happened at all.

The horrible animation didn't do this episode any favors but there really isn't much to say on that.

Just a shame that something that could have been so awesome ended up like this.

Otherwise, this episode was quite non-canon

Okay, declaring the movies to not be canon is one thing, but now it's picking out actual episodes and doing the same?