• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 2) (721)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Writers, you do know that Pokemon usually have more than one attack. First all Swadloon does in its subsequent appearences (after the gym) is string shot, and now Roggenrola with flash cannon.

Biggest Beef of this episode? Team Rocket, they were completely and utterly pointless. Not only do they NOT use their Pokemon, on top of that their appearance was horribly limited. I get that they aren't allowed to steal it, but stop wasting our time, aside from giving Ash a reason to use Roggenrola, this whole two part episode could've EASILY happened without Team Rocket. But even Roggenrola's appearance was limited and misused. And again no Woobat nor Yamask.

This episode just showed how stupid Team Rocket are being. They didn't put up a fight and solely relied on technology and not using their Pokemon. Not only that, they got away without any lasting damage. Almost like "Oops, are we on screen, let's just move off-screen and you guys can continue on doing what you were doing."

And as awesome as the Kami Trio fight was, I think it was B.S. that Tornadus and Thundurus continue to be jerks and continue fighting after the Team Rocket fiasco. I mean they didn't even try to escape.

Worst Team Rocket episodes ever in Best Wishes (the Meteonite Build-up, and the Subway Built up produced better final outcomes, even if we didn't see one, this was just a complete whimper of a finale), Meh episodes otherwise. First part of this was tons better, not even Roggenrola could really save this particular episode.

See, I'm not just about reserves. Even they wouldn't be able save an episode I think is weak.

Glad to see that people are now accepting that these, the Subway 2P were both just elaborate fillers.. With not much worth to them at all, and left me frustrated with Best Wishes.

About your point and Roggenrola/Flash Cannon. That's not entirely true.

Capture: Flash Cannon/Sandstorm/Stone Edge
Audino: Sandstorm
Archeops: Sandstorm
Subway p2: Flash Cannon
Kami p2: Flash Cannon

So, that's even actually. Though you have a point with Swadloon, though it did 'battle' against Stunfisk in the Deino episode.

[IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP142.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP155.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP241.jpg[/IMG200]
What is this

[IMG200]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721/DP280.jpg[/IMG200]
Especially this. Why is Thundurus' mouth a shallow black indent on its face? Mouths are OPENINGS, not miniature craters. asdfjkl;

Poor artistry totally ruins anime for me. That, and what everyone else was saying about this two-parter being essentially a big filler to advertise Legendaries. A total waste, in my opinion.

Don't know which shot it was, but at least in one of those above, it looks as if Tornados has massive cleavage.. And Thundurus in another shot. Which is a bad thing if these guys are male only legendaries.. They're looking as if they're wearing bikini's and clouds!

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721ps3.shtml Top middle, Landorus with cleavage...
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721ps9.shtml Again, top middle, Thundurus with massive cleavage...

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Is it just me or does the whole TR retreats after failing to accomplish their goal feel a bit annoying after all the times that we have to sit through their buildup scenes in so many episodes? While I don't expect them to win, they've actually become even more predictable than before. Worst of all, they don't even seem to use their pokemon in these events.

pokeaussie37

Glad to see that people are now accepting that these, the Subway 2P were both just elaborate fillers.. With not much worth to them at all, and left me frustrated with Best Wishes.

About your point and Roggenrola/Flash Cannon. That's not entirely true.

Capture: Flash Cannon/Sandstorm/Stone Edge
Audino: Sandstorm
Archeops: Sandstorm
Subway p2: Flash Cannon
Kami p2: Flash Cannon

So, that's even actually. Though you have a point with Swadloon, though it did 'battle' against Stunfisk in the Deino episode.

Don't know which shot it was, but at least in one of those above, it looks as if Tornados has massive cleavage.. And Thundurus in another shot. Which is a bad thing if these guys are male only legendaries.. They're looking as if they're wearing bikini's and clouds!

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721ps3.shtml Top middle, Landorus with cleavage...
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/721ps9.shtml Again, top middle, Thundurus with massive cleavage...

Those to me look more like the Kami Trio being buff, rather than female looking cleavage. But that's just me.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly the only thing I have to say about these episodes is that I don't think this is the last time we will see Yuto. I think this because of the way Gothorita and Kibago bonded because the writers did focus on that a lot in these episodes. I loved the fighting from the trio, but I was disappointed that Dwebble wasn't used here.

Geekachu

Haha, that Thundurus drawing is awful. The shame about the BW anime (animation-wise) is that it started off so well, and it was advertised and promoted for improving upon the animation. Right now it seems like the artists just can't be ****ed. I understand how monotonous endless drawing can be, but it's a bit of a shambles when the animation quality fluctuates.

Okay, declaring the movies to not be canon is one thing, but now it's picking out actual episodes and doing the same?

Yes, quel probleme?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The problem is that the anime is the main story, there is no such a thing of an episode from the main story not being cannon.

Geekachu

Non-canon pertaining to something which diverges off the main plot without a reference in a previous episode, or which doesn't add a new dynamic to the future plot. This episode emulated the non-canon films so well.

This episode is non-canon unless could tell me how this episode serves any other purpose other than promotion for the legendaries.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Non-canon pertaining to something which diverges off the main plot without a reference in a previous episode, or which doesn't add a new dynamic to the future plot. This episode emulated the non-canon films so well.

This episode is non-canon unless could tell me how this episode serves any other purpose other than promotion for the legendaries.

Okay, so the entire anime is not canon to itself or anything, because the only real reason it exists is to promote the merchandise.

Got it.

Geekachu

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Do you mean filler then? no it isn't a filler, they went to the isle to get the revival herb that the gym leader asked him to get.

It served the purpose of doing what the gym leader asked them to do, the Kami Trio and the two episode plot being inserted into it, was promotion obviously and they released a lot of merchandising related to them along with the episodes but no, Satoshi and friends went there with a story objective asked by the Gym Leader.

No the anime is not promotion to "pokemon"(games I assume), the games came first, the anime came after, the anime, games, etc are many of the ways Nintendo/Gamefreak/Pokemon company, they use to for their series.

They might have special episode or plots to promote the games when they are almost coming out, like the Johto festival thing and the main storyline and the anime series are made to represent said generations but the anime isn't there, "just" to promote the games.

Oh and whats up with saying the animation sucks because we got some erros in an episode? the animation has been pretty nice, we weren't promised better animation what are you talking about? lol the animation changed but the animators are mostly still the same, its the same for YEARS, there are animators that usually do a great job and others who are messing up a lot of times, stuff happens.

This type of ongoing animes don't have amazing budgets btw since they have to put up a lot of episodes, an anime with 12/25 episodes usually has better art for that reason.

Your post makes no sense.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

And how any other episode promotes a certain Pokemon is non-canon too?
What exactly are you trying to say?

All in all, this isn't filler, and it can be made even more canon with the fact we've seen TR messing with the statues/islands for the past few episodes leading up to this.

Okay, so the entire anime is not canon to itself or anything, because the only real reason it exists is to promote the merchandise.

Got it.

Very well said, I don't understand everybodies logic these days.

Grey Wind

Um. No.

Non-canon means that it didn't happen. You're thinking of a filler.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
One question, can anyone tell me whether TR were talking to Zager or Giovanni on the phone? It sounded like Giovanni to me, but since I don't know what was actually said, I feel I could just be getting my hopes up.

Geekachu

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. And I don't mind so much about the animation to the extent which you seem to think I do. I'm just voicing my disappointment at how the standard has slipped from the first episode. Chill your beans.

It also seems some of you don't know what non-canon means (confusing it with non-existent.) Tut tut tut.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. And I don't mind so much about the animation to the extent which you seem to think I do. I'm just voicing my disappointment at how the standard has slipped from the first episode. Chill your beans.

It also seems some of you don't know what non-canon means (confusing it with non-existent.) Tut tut tut.

I'm chilled, just telling that is not true, I know they messed up sometimes, I whined about them basicly giving all the 3 Deino trainers some episodes ago similar looks even though one was a girl, I though that was pretty lazy of them.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
One question, can anyone tell me whether TR were talking to Zager or Giovanni on the phone? It sounded like Giovanni to me, but since I don't know what was actually said, I feel I could just be getting my hopes up.

He may have sounded different on the phone, but it was Zager. He was waiting back in his helicopter for the Kami Trio to be captured; who else would they be calling at that point?

I have to say that I'm not as disappointed with Team Rocket's role in this as most people, but that's probably because I expected it. I was never that hyped for their building up of this storyline the way I was with the Meteonite or Nimbasa Subway missions. I knew this would just be a filler attempt at something that they'd fail at before we presumably get a REAL storyline from them (with Team Plasma) again next year. To cry that they're "Ruined FOREVER!" over this one thing is pretty silly, IMO.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It got skipped so they could advertise a raffle contest.

We did catch a rerun of last week's episode and verified it had Dageki as its Live Caster feature, though.

This episode's Live Caster is verified as BW43's Muggyo.

dman_dustin

Non-canon means that it doesn't exist within the main timeline of a certain series. The best explanation is that non-canon stuff takes place in an alternate universe not the main universe, which means they don't affect one another. If Ash's Bulbsaur evolved in a non-canon episode, then the next time we saw the main series and Ash used a Pokemon, he would use Bulbsaur not Ivysaur because it's evolution didn't happen in the main series.

Movies, probably are the best example of this (although subjective), because they kind of do look like they take place in an alternate universe, aside from the Pokemon and main characters they really don't seem to be connected to the main series at all but there have been examples proving otherwise (although again subjective)

However the individual episodes cannot be non-canon regardless of the episode's plot because they are a part of the main series. The writers made them, and if they wished, they could bring the plot of an episode into a future episode, if it was entirely non-canon, they really couldn't do that because bringing up then makes what was non-canon, canon.

Well Team Rocket's entry is simply damn good!
But the rest is Bull ****!!!!!!
Seriously WTF...the 2nd part of the 2nd episode disappointed me but well it was good upto team rocket's entry!