• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

storeies (bad pun) your freaky Department store or shopping center stories ~

Ever do something stupid it a dept. store or shopping center?
ever had a really weird Experience at the shops?
well; lets hear 'em

I have one: I was walking through a kids part of a Dept store a few years ago when I nearly jumped out of my skin; as the baby dolls came to life suddenly and unexpectedly. For a few moments i was in a chucky mind frame, till i realized they had motion detectors. I moved past themmmm vvveeerrrryyy sssslllowwwllllyyy so i didn't set them off again, then walked away very fast.....

now for yours,

Discuss.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
ehm, let's see, the most uncommon thing i had was young couple (17-19 years) who were insulting each other and yelling all sorts of nasty accusements
towards eachother, some old lady asked kindly what is going on and she was insulted for a filthy ***** and all.

pretty emberrasing, i wish i had my videocamara.

Fae t'il

.Cute Dementia.
I was in one of the shopping places with crossing escalators, and there was a group of teenaged guys that were hopping the middle of the escalators. Well, they were until the fat kid in their group tried it and got stuck.

It's not freaky, but funny. Does it still count?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I was in one of the shopping places with crossing escalators, and there was a group of teenaged guys that were hopping the middle of the escalators. Well, they were until the fat kid in their group tried it and got stuck.

It's not freaky, but funny. Does it still count?

oh yeah it does:p
i wish i was the person next to you i'd love to see that happening.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Once, I went to Walmart. I believe it was around Christmas (or just after). There was some little girl (probably 3-5 yrs old). There was also this display of a giant dinosaur toy, and on the display a button that made it roar and move. Note that she kept on pressing it, and seemed like she was enjoying it. My mom goes over to her and asks, "Do you like the Dinosaur?". Her Reply... "No".
Another time in Walmart (before Christmas again) I was looking for some bakugan and found one hidden behind some other toys. I was about to put it back up on the display (there were no others), and I see a kid looking for one. Considering I didn't want that one, I ask him If he wants it. He said something like No thanks. I go there about 5 minutes later and he is holding it, and I think he and his dad walked away to purchase it.

[Note that the next story may be slightly innapropiate, but I don't think it needs a spoiler tag]
Last thing, one random day I go into Walmart to look at the Bakugan again. Now, they have these things called Deka Bakugan. Baisically they're $10 and are bigger than normal ones (maybe abpout the size of a person's hand). This kid walks out of nowhere with some parents (there were other people in that aisle as well), points at the rack and says something like "Look Daddy! They got the big balls!" I walked out of that aisle and tried not to laugh.

....End of my stories.

dark rift

I can only remember one. When I was about 3 or 4 there was a pingu furry in a shopping centre, and because I liked pingu I tackled it, so they ended up losing it's balance and fell on their back, and couldn't get back up. I wish I could go back in time and see that.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I work in one, The things I see...
Oh they are wierd, especially the couple arguing of a tie and its colour, Matter of fact it was two nights ago

Penguinist Trainer

I'm not sure if this technically counts, but I was working in a Christmas tree lot one winter. Well Christmas Eve came around, literally it was like 7 at night, a family came and asked me if they could get a discount on a tree.

First off, we had plenty of cheaper trees, but he wanted the most expensive tree ($65-75) for like 20 bucks. My boss said all prices remained the same until Christmas day. So when I told him, not only did the guy attack me, but his whole family did.

"How can you be so cruel. How can you deny my family a christmas. Who do you think you are." Those were just a few of the things I heard when I was pinned down to the ground by a man, woman, and 2 kids.

I don't know if the guy thought taking swings at me would get him a discount, or if he was too stupid to realize I wasn't working alone. That was a very memorable experience.

The real question is why is he angry at me when he is clearly waiting until the last minute. He should have been happy that we still had trees left. I have had years where we've sold out 2 weeks before christmas.

muumajii23

^ I laughed extremely hard ad that. xD Stupid on his part...

I got lost once in a Sears as a young kid, like 4-5 maybe... Kinda scary... I was found later, but the kicker is that I was found in the ladies' lingerie section. xD Apparently, I was a pervert as a kid. o_O

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
one time i had my cell phone on at target and the day b4,i had gotten a sound message from my sis that was very really funny yet inappropriate so wen i was at target i turned on the sound in the isles so other ppl would hear it and b like wtf but no1 seemed 2 notice it. i go behind this old dude n put the phone up 2 his ear just 2 mess with him. In case you havent noticed,i like 2 mess with peoples heads

I was in the mall with my friend when these goth chicks started stalking us. It was not that much of a surprise to me as that is the type a attract (ugh, it sucks). So I did what a always do in those moments... flip them off.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
I was in the mall with my friend when these goth chicks started stalking us. It was not that much of a surprise to me as that is the type a attract (ugh, it sucks). So I did what a always do in those moments... flip them off.

When in doubt,flip someone off xD

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Well, there's a Super Walmart close to my work, and I had gone into the bank to deposit my check, right? Now, the parking lot of the place is horrid, and they have the spots perpendicular to the store, with a road running parallel to it on the opposite side. Anyway, there aren't any stop signs where they should be. I was driving down one a little fast, and breaked when I saw a car coming. I had plenty of space, but the driver of the car, a huge black lady, shouted, "Stop, b*tch!" without looking at me. She had her window down, so I heard her loud and clear.

I actually lol'd at it. Very funny.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
"How can you be so cruel. How can you deny my family a christmas. Who do you think you are." Those were just a few of the things I heard when I was pinned down to the ground by a man, woman, and 2 kids.

I don't know if the guy thought taking swings at me would get him a discount, or if he was too stupid to realize I wasn't working alone. That was a very memorable experience.

That reminds me of something that happened to my cousin a week before christmas when I was 5.
I think the family attacked him for an expensive tree, then he beat them with a pipe and got in jail for it.

Anyway a few days ago I was in this store when this dude rambled about how the store would be ''cursed in hell'', I think he might've been hallucinating since it was a cafe

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
Boy, that brings back memories...
Like the time an eight year old (yes, an eight year old)
had a bit of a melt down because his mum wouldn't buy him a forty dollar Nerf gun.
If only my phone had a camera...

EDIT: Oh, it was in a K-mart.

Last edited:

Psyboy

Psychic Breeder
I don't exactly remember my age, but I must have been 5 or 6. I was at this mall with my mom and my aunt. We just past these escalators and I was very curious about this big red button on the bottom of the rails. I remember always wondering what it did. (Dang Dexter's Lab!) I don't think I could read well or I would have noticed it saying 'Emergancy'. But anyway, I stopped and Mom didn't notice I was gone. So I stared at the button and finally decided to pull the case open and push it. Suddenly the escalators stopped and the people already on had to start walking. This lady decides to confront me and begins running towards me. I get freaked out and begin to yell. She gets to where I am (I guess I must of froze from fright!) and insists on speaking to my mother. I don't think I said anything I just began crying. She kept telling me she wasn't going to hurt me and that all she wanted was to talk my mom. Well my mom was nowhere to be seen (thank god or that lady would have yelled at her). I start to run and and I hear her yelling for me behind. I guess she gave up because when I found my mom, I never saw her again. My mom didn't even realize I was gone :|. All I remember after that was hurrying my mom and aunt so we could get out of the mall as fast as possible.

Now everytime I see a non-moving escalator I wonder if it was caused by some curious kid...

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I was hideing in one of those clothes racks with my friend for about ten minutes then some weird 30ish man comes into mine and says so who you hideing from so i get out trip and some lady walks by and sees the old man walk out and asked if I was raped.

I was in a Sears and i heard these two guys argueing and i heard stuff like:"You need to fix those ****ing *something*. they were downright blurting random **** with about 3 curse words in every sentence they said. And i was a wee little child back then. And back then,i thought it was scary.

Blk Charizard

♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥
Once, me and a few friends decided to hide in those tent displays...(this was in Wal-Mart)...anyway when people would walk by we'd jump out and scare the daylights outta them...needless to say we got kicked out of the store...
Not the brightest thing to do..but we got some good laughs in. XD

Luppi

I shot my eye out.
I was at Macy*s and I went to the department where they sold jeans so I could get myself a pair. And there was this large gecko perched on top of the pile. (they're everywhere outside here; I never seen one in a store. x.x) I didn't notice it (I don't think anyone did...) until I was looking at the sizes. I was like ._.

ehm, let's see, the most uncommon thing i had was young couple (17-19 years) who were insulting each other and yelling all sorts of nasty accusements
towards eachother, some old lady asked kindly what is going on and she was insulted for a filthy ***** and all.
One time I was at this theme park in the souvenir shop. This young couple decided to break up right then and there. It was odd because the guy was all like 'I can't take this **** anymore, I'm ***ing breaking up with you, etc. loud enough so people can hear. XD