• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storming Team

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Hello, this is a weather based team I decided to come up with. Make any corrections that is needed.

th_205.gif

Foretress@???
Sturdy
Sturdy Body, ???
252 Defense/252 Attack
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Gyro Ball
Self Destruct

A rather common Forretress that I thought would be a good set-up for a Rain Dance team. I thought that, as a lead, it could set up Spikes/Toxic Spikes to get a head-start advantage on damaging the foe. Of course, with such low speed, Gyro Ball will be necessary to deal a little damage. Then, when Foretress grows low on health, the bomb goes off, and Self Destruct is activated.

479-wash.gif

Wash Rotom@???
Levitate
Modest, Mischievous
252 Sp. Attack/252 Sp. Defense
Thunder
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Shadow Ball

First time I've used my old Rotom in a while, so I see what he has now. This guy will set-up my Rain Dance, and fire away on foes with Hydro Pump(Which's 120 power goes up) and Thunder(100% perfect accuracy). Shadow Ball is added to destroy any Bulky Ghost(like Duskinoir) from dealing to much to my team.

th_141.gif

Kabutops@Focus Sash
Swift Swim
Jolly, Likes to Thrash about
252 Speed/252 Attack
Aqua Jet
Night Slash
Hone Claws
Stone Edge

Ah, memories of Firered come back at me with this guy. Rain Dance should still be going on, so Swift Swim activates. Hone Claws will be used to boost my Attack and accuracy. Aqua Jet is a move used only for STAB and when the rain goes away. Stone Edge is also being used for STAB. Finally, Night Slash was thrown in the mix for some extra advantage points against Psychic and those bulky Ghosts.

th_596.gif

Galvantula@???
Compoundeyes
Timid, Mischievous
252 Speed/252 Sp. Attack
Bug Buzz
Thunder
Energy Ball
Light Screen

A counter to Grass typed foes. First, I'll set up Light Screen, to boost Sp. Defense for the team. Then, with rain still pouring, I'll slam the foe with Thunder with 100% accuracy. If the pesky Grass type, however, Bug Buzz will come in and beat their ***.

th_350.gif

Milotic@Burn Orb
Marvel Scale
Calm, Somewhat Vain
252 Sp. Defense/252 Sp. Attack
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Refresh

Ah, so beautiful, first time I saw it, thought it knew crap. Milotic's ability, Marvel Scale, plus the Burn Orb, Defense will raise by x1.5. Then, Refresh shall be used to cure the burn after the extra Defense boost. Rain Dance will be of help, since the Rain won't pour forever. Ice Beam will be used to take out dragons, namely Garchomp, Flygon, and Dragonite. Finally, Hydro Pump will be to great assist in the Rain, and take out powerful Fire, Rock, and Ground types.

th_Nidoqueen.gif

Nidoqueen@Life Orb
Sheer Force
Brave, Mischievous
252 Sp. Attack/252 Attack
Poison Fang
Crunch
Earth Power
Flamethrower

An odd choice for a Rain team, but let's see how it works. This gal is a full fledged attacker, with no stat boost moves, but Sheer Force deals with the problem. All the moves above prove powerful. All the moves lose their secondary effect, but gain a 30% boost. Fair trade off in my opinion.

Please rate this Rain team, fix anything, and tell me what the ???s should be. This was a loosly put together team, so it might not be the best, but I've seen worse.

U might want a DrizzleToad for this team try this

Politoed@Choice Scarf
Drizzle
252 SAtk, 216 Spd, 40 HP
Timid/Modest
-Scald/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Hypnosis

This is the set I use works pretty good actually but then again I'm more of a sandstorm man myself

Cromith

Come at me, bro
You might want to replace Energy Ball with Hidden Power Water. It covers Galvantula's weaknesses as well as getting a +50% boost from the rain, effectively doing more than Energy Ball.

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Modest | Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Trick

This is the Specs set and a terror in rain. Hydro Pump and TBolt are STAB, Trick is to cripple any incoming enemies and HP Ice is for coverage. (This is if you go DrizzleToed > Forretress)

HP Ice > Reflect on Galvulanta, for ground types and BoltBeam coverage, but HP Water I guess is an option. Keep Energy Ball and give him WiseGlasses.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Calm / Bold | Marvel Scale
252 HP / 252 SpD or Def / 4 SpA
-Toxic
-Protect
-Ice Beam
-Surf

ToxiStall Milotic. Toxic is for status, Protect to get another turn to heal, Surf is STAB and Ice Beam is for coverage.

EDIT: As Absol said you can use ResTalk Milotic:

Milotic @ Leftovers
Calm / Bold | Marvel Scale
252 HP / 252 SpD or Def / 4 SpA
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Ice Beam
-Scald / Surf

ResTalk to attack and recover, Ice Beam is coverage and Surf is for STAB, while Scald has the chance to cause burns also.

Last edited:

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
I like the ieda, and I would have gone with Drizzle Toad IF it weren't to obvious. I try to stand out, and a Drizzle Toad gives it away. And how do you change the type of Hidden Power. I taught it to a Maracus, and it is grass. deleted it, tried again. Grass!

Absol 4ever

a witty pedant
the type of hidden power is dependent on the pokemon's ivs, so it is very likely to be different on galvantula, i belive it can have a base power from 20-70 also dependent on ivs. you would have to do calculations to work out the base power, if it turns out to be low i'd stick with energy ball.

EDIT:as for milotic, another take on marvel scale would be a sleep talker, the boost is activated when asleep to give bulk after healing, not sure what 2 moves to use with it though.

Last edited:

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
For Rotom, run Damp Rock as your item to keep your rain up longer.
On Forretress, try a normal gem to boost the power of Self Destruct.
On Galvantula, I would suggest Specs or scarf, but that ruins your Light Screen..maybe another Life Orb, or Lefties.
On Kabutops, instead of Night Slash, consider X-scissor to hit Grass, Psychic, and Dark Pokemon super effectively.
Nidoqueen- if you are running a mixed set, why not Earthquake over Earth Power? And whats Flamethrower for, after the rain? You could run surf to have benefeits in the rain.
Otherwise, thats basically all I got.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Hello, this is a weather based team I decided to come up with. Make any corrections that is needed.

th_205.gif

Foretress@ Normal Gem
Sturdy
Sturdy Body, Relaxed
252 Defense/252 Attack
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Gyro Ball
Explosion

A rather common Forretress that I thought would be a good set-up for a Rain Dance team. I thought that, as a lead, it could set up Spikes/Toxic Spikes to get a head-start advantage on damaging the foe. Of course, with such low speed, Gyro Ball will be necessary to deal a little damage. Then, when Foretress grows low on health, the bomb goes off, and Self Destruct is activated.

479-wash.gif

Wash Rotom@Damp Rock
Levitate
Modest, Mischievous
252 Sp. Attack/252 Sp. Defense
Thunder
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Shadow Ball

First time I've used my old Rotom in a while, so I see what he has now. This guy will set-up my Rain Dance, and fire away on foes with Hydro Pump(Which's 120 power goes up) and Thunder(100% perfect accuracy). Shadow Ball is added to destroy any Bulky Ghost(like Duskinoir) from dealing to much to my team.

th_141.gif

Kabutops@Focus Sash
Swift Swim
Jolly, Likes to Thrash about
252 Speed/252 Attack
Aqua Jet
Night Slash Consider X-scissor
Hone Claws
Stone Edge

Ah, memories of Firered come back at me with this guy. Rain Dance should still be going on, so Swift Swim activates. Hone Claws will be used to boost my Attack and accuracy. Aqua Jet is a move used only for STAB and when the rain goes away. Stone Edge is also being used for STAB. Finally, Night Slash was thrown in the mix for some extra advantage points against Psychic and those bulky Ghosts.

th_596.gif

Galvantula@Life Orb
Compoundeyes
Timid, Mischievous
252 Speed/252 Sp. Attack
Bug Buzz
Thunder
Energy Ball
Light Screen

A counter to Grass typed foes. First, I'll set up Light Screen, to boost Sp. Defense for the team. Then, with rain still pouring, I'll slam the foe with Thunder with 100% accuracy. If the pesky Grass type, however, Bug Buzz will come in and beat their ***.

th_350.gif

Milotic@Burn Orb
Marvel Scale
Calm, Somewhat Vain
252 Sp. Defense/252 Sp. Attack
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Refresh

Ah, so beautiful, first time I saw it, thought it knew crap. Milotic's ability, Marvel Scale, plus the Burn Orb, Defense will raise by x1.5. Then, Refresh shall be used to cure the burn after the extra Defense boost. Rain Dance will be of help, since the Rain won't pour forever. Ice Beam will be used to take out dragons, namely Garchomp, Flygon, and Dragonite. Finally, Hydro Pump will be to great assist in the Rain, and take out powerful Fire, Rock, and Ground types.

th_Nidoqueen.gif

Nidoking@Life Orb
Sheer Force
Timid, Mischievous
252 Sp. Attack/252 Spe, 4 HP
Thunder
Ice Beam/B]
Earth Power
Flamethrower Consider Surf

An odd choice for a Rain team, but let's see how it works. This gal is a full fledged attacker, with no stat boost moves, but Sheer Force deals with the problem. All the moves above prove powerful. All the moves lose their secondary effect, but gain a 30% boost. Fair trade off in my opinion.

Please rate this Rain team, fix anything, and tell me what the ???s should be. This was a loosly put together team, so it might not be the best, but I've seen worse.

Alright, now for my comments. For your Forretress, it doesnt look like you're trying to stay in there long, just to get your Spikes down. So use a Normal Gem for an item to increase your Exploding power. Explosion>Self-Destruct, it has more base power, and with a Normal Gem, it'll do a lot more damage.

For Rotom-W, go with a Damp Rock to make your rain last eight turns instead of five. It'll help your team out a lot more ways.

Kabutops looks fine, it's a good original Swift Swimmer. You could consider X-scissor to hit Grass types, but Night Slah gives you the edge on Psychics and Ghosts. Your choice.

For Galvantuala, just go with a Life Orb to give it that extra damage boost it needs. But if you really are obsessed with Light Screen, and ensure for it to be up, go with the Light Clay. Life Orb is the better option in my eyes though.

I love Milotic, and great set.

Why are you running Nidoqueen over Nidoking? He's stronger and faster, and just the better Sheer Force abuser. Nidoking likes to be a special sweeper all together, so run Timid with a Life Orb. If you're really feeling it, you could run Choice Scarf to make for a Revenge Killer. If you want him to come out after the rain, run Flamethrower, in the rain, run surf. But Nidoking is the better Pokemon.

Hope that helped!!