• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Discuss and speculate about the STORYLINE and important CHARACTERS, both old and new, for Black 2 and White 2.
Gym Leader discussions belong to its own thread.

All posts, whether speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Refrain from talking about the RS remakes!
Infractions are waiting for those who will continue to discuss RS remakes and inclusion of the Hoenn region in this game.
Discussion of the said topics are not allowed and will be considered SPAM.

ShinyStantler

Pokemon Veteran
The idea of an actual Pokemon sequel completely blows my mind. I'm hoping that we see something unexpected and totally different. We could potentially be N in this (maybe it's even a prequel) or Cynthia (considering she's a reoccurring character throughout the DS games) As long as it's not just a 3rd version (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, ect...) labeled as a sequel I'll be satisfied.

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
If it were going to be just like a typical 3rd game then I don't think there'd be a need for two.

Maybe it takes places a few years off. maybe involving the script in the water ruins.

pela

I hope it's set years after the events of BW1 and that Black/White set out to look for N.
I also hope that since more time has passed there's more differences between the White and Black versions pertaining how civilized/nature Unova is.
I also want to have a double battle with N and Black/White and that all the loops in BW1 are addressed.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
I want to know how starter Pokemon are gonna work. Are we gonna be new trainers? Are we gonna start from scratch as White or Black? It is a very important question!

Oh, and hey pela. remember how everyone got into that arguement about whether the game was gonna be for 3DS or DS?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I'm sure it will be good as a remake..but if this is truly a straight up sequal it will blow my mind!

I'm sure we will learn where ghetsis is and where N took off to.

Maybe we will finally get some use out of that airport. Think about it, the story starts out with the character flying off to track down N and Ghetsis! i doubt it would take us to a whole new land, or even a past land (hoenn, Sinnoh etc) but maybe we will progress around Unova in a different manner then just the straight "start here and go up" path we usually take. This seems to outlandish to be true, but think of the possibilities XD

Grei

not the color
I'm really hoping these are sequels. If they are, I expect a brand-new storyline, and cameos by Hilda/Hilbert, Cheren, Bianca, N, and Ghetsis, as well as at least most of the same gym Leaders and Elite Four. New Champion? New player characters and rival(s)? So many possibilities!

halloweenghost

I'm really hoping these are sequels. If they are, I expect a brand-new storyline, and cameos by Hilda/Hilbert, Cheren, Bianca, N, and Ghetsis, as well as at least most of the same gym Leaders and Elite Four. New Champion? New player characters and rival(s)? So many possibilities!

This! I'll be disapointed if it;s the same old third version with just newer updates.. So much wasted potential.. i'll still get if it is... but it could be better being a new adventure.

Demondragon I doubt we wil get new pokemon..maybe new formes but not pokemon.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
I want to continue the conversations that were going on in the news thread, but oh well I guess. Besides wondering how the Kyurem formes are changed I want to know if you are going to be able to obtain Reshiram and Zekrom, seeing as N and Black/White (character) already have them. Heres a bad theory: N convinces Black/White that Pokemon shouldn't be pets and B/W convinces N that he therefore shouldn't use Zekrom/Reshiram's power to make people change their ways, so they both release their dragon, leaving them both open for capture.
And B2/W2 will not be on 3DS, they will be on regular DS.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
With all the links to Sinnoh in BW, I'd like to see more characters than just Looker, Cynthia and Caitlin, perhaps, depending on your gender, Dawn and Lucas, say if you are a boy, you meet Dawn, and vice versa if you are girl. And you can battle them kinda like you did with Red in GSCHGSS.

I'd also like to see some new gym leaders and E4, perhaps remove Alder and replace him with Hilbert or Hilda depending on version. And also replace Shauntel. I'd also like to see Burgh, and Iris replaced too. Iris could have left the gym to go become a gym leader elsewhere since she was Drayden's student. Maybe replace them with Bianca and Cheren respectively.

pela

I want to know how starter Pokemon are gonna work. Are we gonna be new trainers? Are we gonna start from scratch as White or Black? It is a very important question!

Oh, and hey pela. remember how everyone got into that arguement about whether the game was gonna be for 3DS or DS?

Yes ! so ridiculous.
I also concur with you, that's my biggest question how will the starters work?
I think it would be too hard to have the old character because it would be difficult to handle the pokemons he had.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
Yes ! so ridiculous.
I also concur with you, that's my biggest question how will the starters work?
I think it would be too hard to have the old character because it would be difficult to handle the pokemons he had.

It was a ridiculous arguement. Especially since it's been confirmed on the US sight for regular DS.

And as for the character, I agree. Working with the old character would just ring up too many issues and questions. So, another question is, what happened to them?

IF this is truly a sequel we might SEE WHO really N is, Where did he really came from, What is Ghetsis is planning to do next, A revival of team Plasma, Trying to find N's where abouts, why did Cynthia mentioned a meeting of all Champions, WHAT TRULY IS the mystery of the Original Dragon Pokemon, WHY DID THE dragon split up for the two Brothers individual values, WHY IS Kyurem Just A "SHELL" of the original Dragon, The Purpose of Kyurem's Formes, Where is Ghetsis now?, WHO REALLY ARE the Shadow Triad?, What is the true Purpose of the Dragonspiral Tower Serve?, What are Inside the Underwater Ruins?What do the Glyphs mean?, DID The Two Brothers Fight on who's right resulted the conflict between Humans and the Musketeer Trio?, How come did the Two dragons was Sealed and Mention Throughout history and Left Out Kyurem the "shell" and is just mentioned as a Legend in one town??

GAHHHH!!! im thinking tooo much and some of this questions might have been answered or are pointless but still.....

and IF it is the Sequel What AGe wil the Protagonist be?? They were 15-16 in the original, How Many MONTHS/YEARS/WEEKS has passed since the original game???, Are they still the Champion?, What will they're purpose be again???

pela

I want to continue the conversations that were going on in the news thread, but oh well I guess. Besides wondering how the Kyurem formes are changed I want to know if you are going to be able to obtain Reshiram and Zekrom, seeing as N and Black/White (character) already have them. Heres a bad theory: N convinces Black/White that Pokemon shouldn't be pets and B/W convinces N that he therefore shouldn't use Zekrom/Reshiram's power to make people change their ways, so they both release their dragon, leaving them both open for capture.
And B2/W2 will not be on 3DS, they will be on regular DS.

No I like the idea that the dragons are unobtainable, it makes the game feel more real. Besides if that was the case (N and Black/White) release their dragons then they would probably be furious that you caught them.

It was a ridiculous arguement. Especially since it's been confirmed on the US sight for regular DS.

And as for the character, I agree. Working with the old character would just ring up too many issues and questions. So, another question is, what happened to them?

Like I said in the news thread, I like the idea that he went searching for N since they had a sort of connection. That way it is more believable that Unova needs a new hero to save the region. Much like Red in GSC.

Last edited:
The idea of an actual Pokemon sequel completely blows my mind. I'm hoping that we see something unexpected and totally different. We could potentially be N in this (maybe it's even a prequel) or Cynthia (considering she's a reoccurring character throughout the DS games) As long as it's not just a 3rd version (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, ect...) labeled as a sequel I'll be satisfied.

This is the single most amazing thing I have ever read...

Imagine playing as N(who never really struck me as a bad guy). We learn his story, how he grew up, rise to power, collect badges, catch the same pokemon as your color(zekrom for black, reshiram for white), and just completely mirror N's story. Defeat the Elite IV, then battle the hero. No idea what happens at this point, but the next logical step is his journey to "A distant land"

Why not Hoenn? He can collect badges there, and become even stronger. Eventually He'll realize that he needs to truly restore balance, returns to Unova, Captures Kyurem, Restores Zekrom/Reshiram(depending) into Kyurem, and attempts to get the other half to complete Kyurem.

Am I the only one expecting a fourth, complete Kyurem form?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I have an idea:

The sequels are set a few years after the events of BW. You start as a brand new player, everything is back to normal, you go through the normal gameplay (with several differences, possibly one or two different gym leaders, to show that a gym leader has moved on or whatever), also, the player often see's people in Plasma uniforms, but thinks nothing of it. Then, mid-game, Kyurem begins to wreck havoc in Unova. The player is visited by both Juniper, Looker and Alder, who ask the player to find N and the legendary Pokémon Zekrom or Reshiram, as he has been seen on some islands outside of Unova. The player then flies to these islands, and finds N. Both N and the player, along with Resh or Zek get back to Unova, and they go to fight the Kyurem. The Kyurem however, is found to be controlled by Team Plasma, and Ghetis. You then have to battle Ghetis, in order to free the Kyurem. This is done, however the Kyurem does not tame, and continues to destroy Unova. The player is then informed by Looker/Alder/Juniper about how if Zekrom/Reshiram is merged with Kyurem, Kyurem will become complete and stock wrecking havoc. The player then has to use a special machine created by Fennel, to merge the two. This then happens, and Black Kyurem or White Kyurem emerges. You then can fight the Kyurem in order to capture it.

Why would they abandon RS remakes and a third version for two sequels? They wouldn't. The RS remakes will come in the future.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
With all the links to Sinnoh in BW, I'd like to see more characters than just Looker, Cynthia and Caitlin, perhaps, depending on your gender, Dawn and Lucas, say if you are a boy, you meet Dawn, and vice versa if you are girl. And you can battle them kinda like you did with Red in GSCHGSS.

I'd also like to see some new gym leaders and E4, perhaps remove Alder and replace him with Hilbert or Hilda depending on version. And also replace Shauntel. I'd also like to see Burgh, and Iris replaced too. Iris could have left the gym to go become a gym leader elsewhere since she was Drayden's student. Maybe replace them with Bianca and Cheren respectively.

i highly doubt the story line will change to the point that the gym leaders and E4 are different. This is still gen 5 and not gen 3 remakes or a generational cross-over (or will it be o.0). It wouldnt make much sense for GF to design this whole new pokemon world and then abandon it, in a sequel no less! Maybe we might get some more cameos and hints for future games, like a gen 3 remake, but i doubt the gym leaders or E4 will change. Likewise i dont think there will be any new pokemon as it wouldnt make much sense to release more after already releasing 156 new one (but i do like the idea of gen 5 DW pokemon being released). All in all im not expecting too much from these sequels in terms of new material, but i am interested to see how things play out

Shockking

i dont know anymore
IF this is truly a sequel we might SEE WHO really N is, Where did he really came from, What is Ghetsis is planning to do next, A revival of team Plasma, Trying to find N's where abouts, why did Cynthia mentioned a meeting of all Champions, WHAT TRULY IS the mystery of the Original Dragon Pokemon, WHY DID THE dragon split up for the two Brothers individual values, WHY IS Kyurem Just A "SHELL" of the original Dragon, The Purpose of Kyurem's Formes, Where is Ghetsis now?, WHO REALLY ARE the Shadow Triad?, What is the true Purpose of the Dragonspiral Tower Serve?, What are Inside the Underwater Ruins?What do the Glyphs mean?, DID The Two Brothers Fight on who's right resulted the conflict between Humans and the Musketeer Trio?, How come did the Two dragons was Sealed and Mention Throughout history and Left Out Kyurem the "shell" and is just mentioned as a Legend in one town??

GAHHHH!!! im thinking tooo much and some of this questions might have been answered or are pointless but still.....

and IF it is the Sequel What AGe wil the Protagonist be?? They were 15-16 in the original, How Many MONTHS/YEARS/WEEKS has passed since the original game???, Are they still the Champion?, What will they're purpose be again???

Those are some GREAT questions, I can't wait to find out! People used to say that the Shadow Triad were the three chef gym leaders considering those three were absent when all the gym leaders united against Ghetsis.
About all this talk about having characters from older generations making appearences, I personally don't really want that, as I enjoyed B/W being new beginnings, with little mention about other regions/older people throughout the game.

Southwind

Tropius Rocks!
I have an idea:

The sequels are set a few years after the events of BW..

..You then can fight the Kyurem in order to capture it.

I like it, but, what do you mean with 'islands'? Something like the Desert Resort, or 1 island, 2 island,...? And i think, altough the new games are built up around Kyurem, you will be able to catch Zekrom/Reshiram. Like Palkia, Dialga and Giratina. We'll obviously see more backstory with N, Ghetsis and possibly Looker, but i'm not quite sure about that.

pela

I have an idea:

The sequels are set a few years after the events of BW. You start as a brand new player, everything is back to normal, you go through the normal gameplay (with several differences, possibly one or two different gym leaders, to show that a gym leader has moved on or whatever), also, the player often see's people in Plasma uniforms, but thinks nothing of it. Then, mid-game, Kyurem begins to wreck havoc in Unova. The player is visited by both Juniper, Looker and Alder, who ask the player to find N and the legendary Pokémon Zekrom or Reshiram, as he has been seen on some islands outside of Unova. The player then flies to these islands, and finds N. Both N and the player, along with Resh or Zek get back to Unova, and they go to fight the Kyurem. The Kyurem however, is found to be controlled by Team Plasma, and Ghetis. You then have to battle Ghetis, in order to free the Kyurem. This is done, however the Kyurem does not tame, and continues to destroy Unova. The player is then informed by Looker/Alder/Juniper about how if Zekrom/Reshiram is merged with Kyurem, Kyurem will become complete and stock wrecking havoc. The player then has to use a special machine created by Fennel, to merge the two. This then happens, and Black Kyurem or White Kyurem emerges. You then can fight the Kyurem in order to capture it.

I like this a lot. some notes though, you would need to explain what happened to Black/White.

To the people that want to play as N. Characters are always silent, so if we played as N we would either lose a lot of character depth OR we would have a character that always has monologues and dialogues with NPC's and a lot of people like RPG characters who don't speak

Status
Not open for further replies.